• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will unlock the Captain America page for you.

Also, Gwynbleiddd will still handle the Naruto and Bleach revisions eventually.

I saw Endless Mike's calc and he used a completely different approach that got similar results with me but he didn't take into account for the fact that Iron Man accelerated the blades in a certain amount of time, which is what "downgraded" my calc in the first place.

Some of my calcs aren't detailed at all and they do involve some wacky/casual scaling.

But i wouldn't say the same for this calc.

Now regarding the Mjolnir argument.

Throwing and returning speed aren't the same thing, they are produced by different things.One is caused by Thor's hand throwing the hammer and the other is the product of the magic bestowed by Odin.So no logical connection between the two can be made.

Quicksilver caught Mjolnir when it was thrown by Thor.

Also, its returning speed is inconsistent.Yes we've seen it break the sound barrier when returning to Thor and it can move decent distancies in a small amount of time but that's it.

The only time we've seen it go Massively Hypersonic was when Thor was teleported into another world and it had to travel (Hundreds-Thousands-Millions or even Billions of) Light Years in order to reach him so it makes sense that it would be traveling at max speed..

His calculation has nothing to do with a timeframe, it has to do with Tony producing the GPE and KE of keeping the Helicarrier flying. Never once in his calc does he use watts or a timeframe.

Just the KE is 8-A already, and that requires no timeframe.

Mjolnir has a MHS throwing and returning speed feat in THOR 2, both of them MHS. Assuming that one is hundreds of times slower than the other has no basis when they have comparable feats.

That fact that he didn't take into account the time doesn't mean it has nothing to do with the feat.

Also i disagree with his method.He finds the energy the turbines produce on a certain scene while Iron Man accelerated the blades at a certain speed so that the engine can start.And i find exactly that the kinetic energy of the blades.

And since the feat was achieved in a certain amount of time so we divide it by the time.

Attack Potency is the energy of 1 attack or the power of a continuous effort/attack/beam.

If a character can destroy a building by firing a beam at it for 5 hours then he isn't building level.

Also when did Thor throw mjolnir at MHS speeds?

Gwyn, Iron Man took time to accelerate to the right speed. Once he reached it he was kept continuously spinning the turbine at top speed, making the Helicarrier keep flying. Since we know the energy necessary to keep it flying, that's the energy Iron Man would be generating.

It has nothing to do with timeframe. That's the energy the turbines need to constantly generate or else the Helicarrier falls.

Thor's hammer misses Malekith in their fight and ascends to space.

P = W/T is only applicable when stopping an object.

We do not use timeframes when accelerating an object.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Please stop making lots of unapproved statistics changes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe profiles. This is technically against our wiki rules.

Calm down. You are stressing over making edits immediately. It usually takes a while for things to be properly evaluated.

I won't discuss this further.

I'm calcing exactly what happened on the scene and there is no good reason for us to use the other calc.

"P = W/T is only applicable when stopping an object. We do not use timeframes when accelerating an object."

This is so fundementally wrong.....i can't...what?

Thor throwing his hammer at Malecith isn't MHS.

He threw it, it passed through Malecith then it was teleported to earth where it began accenting towards space and it broke the sound barrier after it came to earth.(just before starting flying into space)

Gwynbleiddd is one of our most accomplished calcers. We should listen to him.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I think Black Panther should be Wall Level instead of Wall Level+ considering he's slightly weaker than WS and CA.
The dude audibly cracked some bones in Bucky's wrist before he flipped him and managed to defeat him, despite Bucky being entirely defensive. He is also the only one able to fight a brainwashed Bucky when not even Black Widow could fight him. And that's not going into his brief scuffle in the Black Panther trailer. How is he not in Cap and Bucky's league?

I always felt like Natasha should have been higher because she's doing things no Street level should survive without a few cracked bones.

Just one last reply.

This isn't a matter of who you should trust, acceleration and decceleration are the same thing.

If an object is either accelerated or stopped you find the work and divide it by the time (to find the average power).

Iron Man accelerated to reach the top speed he needed to spin the turbine. After reaching top speed he kept spinning it.

The calc isn't about time, but by the energy produced by the turbines to keep the helicarrier flying, which Tony would have to produce.

Imagine you start accelerating a push cart at the speed of 1 m/s. Then later on you are accelerating it at 3 m/s and still. That's the energy you will produce. Doesn't mean we have to find the time for the power.

May I ask why Quicksilver was downgraded from Room level to Wall level+? Did the feat of him saving Hawkeye and that kid not apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back