• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Animated Universe Discussion Thread

I guess they just didn't want to make an origin episode at the time?
I don't have any problems with hero origins coming after the 1st episode personally (at least in these types of cartoons) just as long as they come relatively quickly

Oh wow he can create solid holograms, wth?

I swear this will end up being the most OP non-comic Iron Man one way or another lol

Strangely i don't recall him ever using holograms after this
Add this to the list of weird one-off powers the characters have that would be super useful in many situations but never come back i guess

i've started watching Fantastic Four The Animated Series.
Human Torch was capable of keeping up with a helicopter, i haven't spotted any AP feats above Wall level atm
unknown.png

Torch can also keep up with the Fantasticar tho it didn't show off any good speed feats yet

Do the characters have any official heights or sheets that could be used to calculate them by comparing them to characters with known heights?
I found this sheet online, the only issue is that i have no known heights to use for one of the characters
unknown.png

Do the characters have any official heights or sheets that could be used to calculate them by comparing them to characters with known heights?
I found this sheet online, the only issue is that i have no known heights to use for one of the characters
unknown.png
why does jonny have his normal name but the others don't? and why is ben smaller than Reed

unknown.png
As far as I'm aware they're only measured in heads in the model sheets.

When in doubt, use their original heights.

Reed has some pretty good wit in the show
in episode 4, he managed to convince the skrulls (while impersonating a skrull that took his form) that Earth was too dangerous to invade, by showing them old monster movies and claiming them to be real, he also got awarded with a medal of bravery for saying he's going to stay on Earth to cover any tracks of the invasion attempt

Whose height should i use for scaling the rest tho?
I was thinking of using the originals' heights for any situation regardless of the model sheet, I don't think they're super consistent with Thing's size for instance.

As calculating the mass would only yield Class 10 results at most i'm thinking of using tearing instead, i want to ask if i should use the full surface area of the chunk or just the lateral area
Full
Done with my first batch of F4 calcs
also enjoy this bit of dumb scaling

Thing harms and knocks out Silver Surfer
unknown.png

Silver Surfer hits and knocks back Galactus
unknown.png

Thing = Galactus level
Considering the same galaxy level dialogue used for the Surfer in the comics is used in the show, that's gonna make scaling... fun.

On that first feat, you could multiply the force by the amount of chains snapped, that'd be the true result.

I was thinking of using the originals' heights for any situation regardless of the model sheet, I don't think they're super consistent with Thing's size for instance.
Fair enough on Things size, how should i go about calculating the head sizes and such then?
On that first feat, you could multiply the force by the amount of chains snapped, that'd be the true result.
Done
Considering the same galaxy level dialogue used for the Surfer in the comics is used in the show, that's gonna make scaling... fun.
Tbf Thing was incapable of harming Galactus earlier, he still does seem to be a consistent Herald tier as besides knocking out Surfer he also fought and harmed Terrax

Last edited:
In episode 8 The Thing puts several dents in a metal box which is stated to be made of Vibranium Steel
unknown.png

He later manages to break his way out with some help from the Human Torch melting part of the box
unknown.png
unknown.png

Also both Johhny and Reed are shown to know Pig Latin although i'm not sure how impressive that is

Back