• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Animated Universe Discussion Thread

Good to know ig
Also while this is unrelated to scaling and i did not watch season 2 yet i believe the Avengers show up in season 2 of the F4 cartoon, which implies it (or at least season 2) takes place after the Iron Man series, as the Avengers were not mentioned in that cartoon and Tony would have likely called for their help in defeating the Mandarin at the end of season 2 if they did. Also it would make sense if F4 takes place after season 2 of Iron Man since the F4 didn't appear in the two-parter either and Mandarin shut down power to nyc and eventually the whole world and they would have definatly done something about it

It's possible yeah

Tony already has the Exo-Armor in Hulk TAS so that takes place after the debut of the Hulk Buster in Iron Man TAS at least. There's some past acknowledgement and iirc Tony already knew Bruce was Hulk in Hulk TAS.

Not much of a spoiler but the Avengers in F4's Season 2 also have She-Hulk among them, who does show up by the end of Hulk TAS' Season 1 and throughout all of Season 2, albeit by Bruce's side, so F4's Season 2 also takes place after Hulk TAS most likely.

There's some past acknowledgement and iirc Tony already knew Bruce was Hulk in Hulk TAS.
pretty sure they learned each other identities in the Iron Man episode Hulk showed up in
I guess that's enough evidence to suggest F4 takes place last in the universe, it's pretty neat if i say so myself

Probably all incidental on the writers' parts but it's indeed kinda cool.

Also kinda funny considering F4 was the first of these shows (alongside Iron Man I think).

Thor also appears in both F4 and Hulk TAS and I'm not entirely sure how consistent he is in both but I know he shares the same VA and is more than likely the same character. In Hulk TAS he has the classic Donald Blake weakness which he may not have in F4 but I don't know.

Also a pretty notable quote from Galactus when Reed is threatening him with the ultimate nullifier
"The Ultimate Nullifier! Give it to me you fool before you reduce the entire galaxy to sub-atomic particles"
Seems like the verse might peak at tier 3 with weaponry and such

It's not super faithful in many regards but in sheer spirit and writing-wise I'd say it's one of the best Marvel cartoons period. It tries its hardest to capture the essence of Kirby's Silver Surfer.

VSBW-wise, he tanks supernovae and stuff like that, and his show is unrelated to any of the other MAUs.

I just get this feeling that you like to do things quickly and I feel like you should take your time with everything xD

here it is
I might add a few extra feats to the blog soon, such as Reed catching a rock and kicking it back and arrow dodging mentioned above
unknown.png

Last edited:
Remember, if you see any lasers being reflected by windows or other surfaces that is one of the requirements for them being lasers (these are always animated traveling at a straight line)

Since there may be some feats like that in these shows

I'll be on the look out for lasers, although i do not recall any at the moment
I do believe there was a lightspeed statement in episode 1, with Reed saying the phenomenon that gave the F4 their powers was moving faster than lightspeed, i also remember the F4 seeing that the phenomenon returned with some device in the first episode of the Galactus two-parter or something along those lines, probably implying the Silver Surfer

We have a few nuke level feats here and there in Hulk TAS, which may kinda justify the "At least City Block level, possibly City level" rating I gave Iron Man.

Makes sense, although isn't Mark II weaker than Hulk?

Also a thing about the F4 cartoon, in the 1st episode we're shown the four fighting Namor, while Namor is introduced in episode 3, and from the way the characters talk about him it seems like it's the first time they see him
As episode 1 is also them telling their origins it's possible that the origin of the fantastic four two-parter is actually the final episode of season 1 timeline wise
Or the writers just forgot about the scene in episode 1 lol

Last edited:
It is, Iron Man barely hurts Hulk (if at all) in that armor and mostly poses a threat with the Hulk Buster (which also gets defeated fairly quickly), but he's still something of a nuisance with the Mark II armor and some of the City level feats involve Hulk in his base state more or less.

Makes sense
Also i'm generally able to enjoy the F4 season 1 unironically a lot more than i do Iron Man's first season, i'm not sure if that's related to the quality of the cartoons or me growing tolerant to them tho

Last edited:
One thing I have to praise the F4 cartoon on is that they adapt and integrate dialogue from the comics really well. Many scenes and episodes have almost the exact same scripts as certain issues.

To my knowledge the Skrull and Galactus episodes are pretty good adaptations
Maybe this is the reason why i enjoy the F4 cartoon more, nearly all episodes in Iron Man season 1 are original

The Iron Man cartoon definitely diverged a bit more from the source material. And since you mentioned Galactus... Tony Jay is just perfect for the role, honestly.

Back