• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Animated Universe Discussion Thread

The one thing they get pretty much 100% is Doctor Doom, the VA they got for him there is absolutely perfect, and they use dialogue directly from the comics which is a huge plus from me.

Season 2 Mandarin has a different VA, still sounds good but i prefer the season 1 version more in terms of voice (everything else goes to season 2 Mandarin tho)

Huh, really, I didn't even catch the different voice, though it did sound a bit off.

I figured it was just the actor changing it up a bit, but I wonder why he left?

A shame regardless, I really liked his Mandarin voice.

Even if it doesn't 100% distract me from his weird alien/goblin appearance xD

In the comic book tie-in they colored his skin the same as a human's, like in the comics, though they kept the pointy ears for some reason.

My guess is they thought making him actually Chinese would be too offensive, maybe? Turning him green isn't much better, I think xD

Doesn't seem to be, though his VAs seem to give him something of an accent, if we had the cartoon bible available we'd probably be able to know more.

Still, taking a Chinese character and making him green... Well, could've been worse lol

It may not have been why they changed him, they did have Fin Fang Foom in there after all, a character Disney is very afraid of because it shoos away all that China money xD

I didn't know there was a reason for Foom not showing up in the MCU yet, good to know i guess?
Also, Mandarin's intelligence should probably be Above Average, he was an archeologist before becoming a green man after all

Foom's awesome but yeah that's one of the reasons I've seen being thrown around for him not being in the MCU, they'd probably do what they did to him in Armored Adventures xD (or something worse)

He's pretty decent in TAS though, even if he was never really as much a follower of Mandarin's as he is in the series. I do like the voice they gave him, very raspy and echoy as provided by the great Neil Ross.

Also, Mandarin's intelligence should probably be Above Average, he was an archeologist before becoming a green man after all
I gave him Genius Intelligence given that he claims his intellect was boosted to incalculable extents, would that not be correct since he tampers with advanced tech a lot?

He's pretty decent in TAS though, even if he was never really as much a follower of Mandarin's as he is in the series
Well Foom wasn't quite a follower for Mandarin in the series, they formed an alliance because neighter could destroy each other and Foom later turned on him in season 2
I gave him Genius Intelligence given that he claims his intellect was boosted to incalculable extents, would that not be correct since he tampers with advanced tech a lot?
Yeah i guess that makes sense, tho him being a former archeologist should still be mentioned

I'd recommend also calculating KE for the mountain

Also, for the fire caused by the Living Laser, you can find the volume the flame covers and then sucker that volume as air being heated to a thousand degrees or so (some fires can burn as hot as lava, roughly 1200 degrees C)

Last edited:
She did also reflected a combined attack from Blizzard and Whirlwind back at them, and redirected Whirlwind himself while he was spinning
I think she could just be "Up to 8-B with powers" or maybe Season 1 and 2 Wanda could be different keys?

We don't really know what most of the heroes did after leaving Force Works in season 2, so that's a possibility
Would the rest of Force Works get the same treatment then?

Last edited:
Also Tony does a throw on Yinsen here not sure if that's very impressive but it looks cool at least
Doing that in that fashion might be at least Above Average Human tbh

Unironically i think this Yinsen has a shot at a profile due to his importance in backstories of both Mandarin and Iron Man and also because he's shown actually fighting and using weapons and being fairly acrobatic for his age
If you feel like making a page, sure.

Calced Century's asteroid feat
As Century never uses his powers in an offensive way this would only be a rating via creation/environmental destruction right?
Most likely, yeah.

It's probably info from the cartoon bibles that other writers could use as references for the characters' dialogue, but not necessarily the origin stories since they probably wanted to focus more on Iron Man and the Mandarin.

It's probably info from the cartoon bibles that other writers could use as references for the characters' dialogue, but not necessarily the origin stories since they probably wanted to focus more on Iron Man and the Mandarin.
Kinda makes it strange how they waited 8 and 11 episodes (respectively) to give Mandarin and Iron Man their origin episodes
Even stranger is that MODOK got an origin episode before both of them
Maybe it's just a weird airing order thing

They don't plan these out very well, they just kinda go "kids will love em"

The origin of the Hulk wasn't told until episode 3 in the 1982 series iirc

Back