• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Animated Universe Discussion Thread

The long awaited nuke calc
Tbh i still think finding the type of nuke would be better than the yield for destroying Moscow, as the statement is pretty vague and could simply reffer to nuking a part of Moscow
Admittedly yeah, that nuke would be way stronger than they have in actuality, they call it a missile so it's some kind of surface to air missile or a ballistic missile. This one should be good to use as reference, as it is similarly huge. You could probably also get LS out of Dynamo moving it, since he can casually toss tanks which would put him in the Class K to Class M range already.

Actually now that i think of it most of those characters happen to be characters which are superior to season 1 Iron Man (Titanium Man, Ultimo, Fin Fang Foom) so you can just scale them to season 2 Iron Man instead as they fight him on equal-ish grounds
There's also The Hand but they mostly fight with armors on in season 2

Iron Man actually fights Ultimo pretty evenly in season 2 and Hawkeye can harm and take him down with explosive arrows
Nobody scales to his laser feat tho

We'll probably have to get an image from the show for Ultimo, the models I've been able to find seem pretty preliminary and don't match how he looks in the series.

Also here's something i noticed while rewatching episode 1 to make sure Iron Man and Foom are comparable
Mandarin gets knocked back and injured from Fin Fang Fooms fire while Iron Man takes a blast from Foom and 4 other dragons and even manages to push it back with a unibeam. This might suggest that season 2 Iron Man is infact stronger than season 2 Base Mandarin

Fing's fire also has some good feats in season 1, such as heating up Iron Man's armor to much that it melts through an icy mountain (It's also really impressive since Fang only hit Iron Man's hydro armor which has covering his regular armor) and heating up some rocks into a mirror (with some help from Iron Man's lasers)

He appears in "Rejoice, I am Ultimo, Thy Deliverer" or episode 2
Made a render for him, not the most polished one I've made but it'll serve for now

Solid enough scaling, makes sense to me

Fing's fire also has some good feats in season 1, such as heating up Iron Man's armor to much that it melts through an icy mountain (It's also really impressive since Fang only hit Iron Man's hydro armor which has covering his regular armor) and heating up some rocks into a mirror (with some help from Iron Man's lasers)
Yeah those are definitely worth calculating

the ice feat is a little bit weird, but it would scale to Foom's fire since it's the remaining heat from it that melted through the mountain i guess?
Also i'm not sure how to calculate heating up sand and silver enough for them to mix

Seems like i misunderstood the scene a bit, doesn't seem like Fooms fire is actually affecting the silver but just the glass
Also how does fire reflect in a mirror?

Maybe calculating Fooms GPE could give a nice result aswell? He seems fairly large going off of the size comparison image
I'm not quite sure what animal would be best for upscaling the mass tho, perhaps a gliding lizard?

He has a relatively small body compared to his bulky limbs, I don't think there's any reptile that fits.

His GPE wouldn't be anything special, so I wouldn't recommend trying to calculate it. Granted he sometimes appear to be much larger in the show and this could be due to his size manipulation powers, since in the comics he can shrink or enlarge himself if he wishes.

The image you used for him crushing that rock is a good example of him appearing way bigger than he does in his model sheet.

And yeah it's probably art inconsistency, that happens just about everywhere.

True, his head is roughly twice the size of Iron Man in the sheet while it's also roughly twice the size of Mandarin in the rock image (i measured in paint) but since Foom is further away in the rock crush image it's probably a lot bigger
I'm gonna calc the ice melting feat, can the minimum mountain height be used for the thickness of the ice melted? It seems like it would be pretty hard to measure thickness normally

Back