• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel and DC's 4-B

So what do the rest of the staff think?

Okay.

I am regrettably too busy to invest myself much in most of the discussion threads, so it is up to the rest of the staff to decide.

I agree with Matt on the Sentry.

I agree with BruceTheBatman too. 1.08 kiloFoe IMP should be used.

Maybe Surfer's feat should be re-evaluated. The rest seem fine.

We all agree that IMP is Superman's max power

And two of us say 1.08 KF is what we should use, for reasons I detailed above.

Any other viewpoints

Back to Marvel

I believe that Surfer's 157 Foe end is the most consistent of the 3. He and Surfer aren't too far above Black Bolt (they are comparable, and Blackbolt's voice produces power comparable to the two of them, though he's way weaker otherwise). The feat seemed a bit casual (if angry) from what I can see in the images

Carol's Binary Form (7.3 KiloFoe) doesn't scale to anyone else as far as I'm aware, so no one else scales to that calc.

The high end for Thor and Beta Ray Bill's feat for Surter's portal was 22 Foe, which I believe is a good number for them since both used a lot of power to do so iirc

I have my doubts about Thor's dual Mjolnir feat that ended at 13.2 Kilofoe because of the only other time it happened being where Jane Foster beat a Skyfather with the same amp. It's also a

Thor restoring Arkon's planet's rings reinforces Thor/BRB's stats being around 300 foe, so that works IMO

7.3 kiloFoe is an absolute low end for Carol using the 81% (while it keeps increasing) and the minimum mass of a BH. Mind you, BH could have tens of solar masses

So what are the conclusions here, and what needs to be changed in which profiles?

Okay. I suppose that seems fine, but we should keep all mentions of supporting feats within the character profiles.

There's literally more than a 1000x gap between 615 kiloFoe and all the other AP feats. That appears outlierish to me. I was under the impression that the second calc of IMP was actually accurate too, that's why I suggested using that since it is more consistent with the other feats and makes sense with Supes durability feat of 1.02 kiloFoe too.

Agree with AKM, also the 387 KiloFoe from Marvel seen far too high compare with the other feats.

And while is very possible that the planet was much further than what the low end suggest, it still the best choice since we just don't know how much exactly it was far to its star.

BruceTheBatman said:
Back to Marvel

I believe that Surfer's 157 Foe end is the most consistent of the 3. He and Surfer aren't too far above Black Bolt (they are comparable, and Blackbolt's voice produces power comparable to the two of them, though he's way weaker otherwise). The feat seemed a bit casual (if angry) from what I can see in the images

Carol's Binary Form (7.3 KiloFoe) doesn't scale to anyone else as far as I'm aware, so no one else scales to that calc.

The high end for Thor and Beta Ray Bill's feat for Surter's portal was 22 Foe, which I believe is a good number for them since both used a lot of power to do so iirc

I have my doubts about Thor's dual Mjolnir feat that ended at 13.2 Kilofoe because of the only other time it happened being where Jane Foster beat a Skyfather with the same amp. It's also a

Thor restoring Arkon's planet's rings reinforces Thor/BRB's stats being around 300 foe, so that works IMO
This means nothing because there is a scan that shows SS was at the 7th planet in that system, and if we assume it is similar to our own system it would be at the distance of Uranus. I'll edit the calc not to only have uranus. In fact I believe he even travelled a bit further than that although admittedly there were no celestial bodies so it couldn't have been that much further.

Stefano4444 said:
The 387 KiloFoe from Marvel also seen far too high compare with the other feats.

While is very possible that the planet was much further than what the low end suggest, it still the best choice since we just don't know how much exactly it was far to its star.
No we do know how far away he was.

This means nothing because there is a scan that shows SS was at the 7th planet in that system, and if we assume it is similar to our own system it would be at the distance of Uranus.
Wait, it we assume it is similar to our own system, would't have much more sense assume that the planet was in a distance comparable with either Earth (as possible mid end) or Mars (as possible high end), due of its nature as a rocky planet?

As rocky planets would orbit way closer to its star, and since there is no enough evidence to suggest that the planet was either at the edge of the solar system or it was at Uranus's distance.

It doesnt matter if it rocky. The depiction is entirely due to the fact that most comic book and science fiction writer don't have degrees in astrophysics and cosmology. And no evidence? It is literally the 7th planet along in the solar system, so if it os the same size as our solar system it would occupy the same distance as our own 7th planet - Uranus.

Didn't Surfer blow up Uni-Lord and the Solar System along with him while inside Uni-Lord, in the middle of that Solar System, the star?

No. He was captured by Unilord at the edge of the star system.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZN7wnMQI5_Y/VoTV4m3SFhI/AAAAAAAASSs/H9dp1SMtkpg/s1600-Ic42/RCO032.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wVTj1FHh9CQ/VoTV47klySI/AAAAAAAASSs/IKqT9WOIilI/s1600-Ic42/RCO033.jpg

Also, it's very possible the rocky depiction of the planet is in fact wrong, as the Silver Surfer says that the planet may have a composition that allows things to pass through it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PNMbZSNvBOI/VoTV4cIc7GI/AAAAAAAASSs/yffeFpXG8D4/s1600-Ic42/RCO030.jpg

Stefano4444 said:
RinkakuKagune

But all those planets seen to exist around the same orbit, is not like each of them were located in their own orbit as we see SS travel and surpass each one.
Wat? You you can accept the nigh on impossibility of multiple planets living in the same orbit, but you can't accept that rocky planets can exist in place of what should be has giants? You can't just suspend disbelief whenever you want to just the things you agree with.

RinkakuKagune said:
Wat? You you can accept the nigh on impossibility of multiple planets living in the same orbit, but you can't accept that rocky planets can exist in place of what should be has giants? You can't just suspend disbelief whenever you want to just the things you agree with.
Having planet/dwarf planets coexisting in the same orbit is more likely to happen than having a rocky planet located in the same zone of gas giants, this if we assume that the solar system is similar to our own and if the planet was created naturally.

And just because is fiction it doesn't mean that we can just assume everything we want without proof, or then we could just assume that the planet was orbiting from 1 light year away as well.

Even your logic is far from unquestionable, assume that the planet's distance from its star is the same of Uranus just because it was the 7th planet in the system?

Well, no changes have been performed on the profiles as of yet.

Do we even need to edit anything? Just say Marvel character X scales from Silver Surfer who has that calc in his profile, and DC character Y scales from Flash's IMP?

Well my calc was already added to Silver Surfers page, and Third page already states that he is superior to Norton. So naturally any page that says the character scales to Thor would be scaling to Silver Surfer.

Yes, the profiles need to be updated accordingly, but also keep their own supporting feats on that level.

Silver Surfer calc has already been added. If you can unlock Thor then I can write that he scales to Silver Surfer but I'm pretty sure his page already states that he's superior to Norrin Rad.

I would prefer if staff members would handle it.

Back