• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Ability Addition: Ladies' Night

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Jessica Jones

Psylocke

Dont think the iron man thing is any more dura neg than mindhax already is

Bio manip would probably be listed as limited

JJ

• Tier should be changed to At least High 8-C, based on the scans on her profile: I don't think so.
  • She has At most Sub-Relativistic+ flight speed scaling off of Carol Danvers: The feat is unreliable.
  • Social Influencing: I disagree, but then the power is odd and there is no standards for it.
  • Minor Information Analysis: That should not be a power.
  • Minor Shockwave Creation: How did she get that high?
P

The rest is good, also Enhanced Senses for Mister Fantastic.

"That should not be a power" isn't really a proper refutation either, since deleting powers would be its own ordeal and not this.

I meant as in "what she did in that intance should not be a superpower, a normal human could do the same", especially if we don't know how many seconds the cops where there. The feat should go as intelligence, and even then I think people would just see and not think it as notable.

Why do you not think so? Why is it unreliable? Come on man, you can't just say "no" without giving any reason.

There isn't much context for the fights and for her to be on that level consistently, hence she didn't one-shot the Norman Osborn.

Carol briefly catched her, the feat was short and in context not just immediately stopping Jessina and letting her go & kindly stopping her makes perfect sense.

JJ:

• So lemme get this straight, she oneshots all the current folks she's scaling to, has scans of tanking hits by Luke Cage alot with no damage, easy take hits from Elsa Bloodstone who is comparable to Dracula, and like, I legitimately don't get your reasoning, she's not a Spider-Man character in the first place... and she is shown to be superior in terms of raw strength ALOT
  • Fine.
  • ... Fine
  • I mean she clearly did collect all the data from them with a single look, don't exactly get why that's not valid as Info Analysis
  • She jumped from her apartment window, which is like, 2ndish floor
P

• Fine

Fine with the at least then.

The Information Analysis page points out things like knowing the strength, speed, durability or intelligence of targets as something basic the power allows, and that's way beyond what Jessica did there, which is pretty notable but still not superhuman. Otherwise the standards in the page should better clarify what counts and what doesn't.

I'm good with Minor Shockwave but the context of how she did that should be worded in her profile.

What has been accepted here can probably mostly be applied, but didn't Jessica Jones always only have limited flight ability? It seems very unlikely that she can fly at comparable speeds to Carol Danvers. Didn't Carol just slow down a lot?

That's what I thought about Information Analysis when Zark asked in the Discord server, but apparently someone said that's still Information Analysis.

She has limited Flight because her control of it is random. Sometimes she can fly other times it is just really long jumps, moreso dependant on her feeling angry enough ig

Eficiente is probably correct about that this isn't extreme enough to qualify as information analysis.

Back