• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel 9-A Calcs Are Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many times have they fought tho, i don't really know if one instance is evidence of much, especially when kingpin has scaling to way stronger people

They fought lots on times during v1, once on v2, and it was a major event, once in v4 and now in Devil's Reign. Fisk shouldnt really scale to stronger characters, he'll always fight equally against Matt. That's their story, they're enemies, it's like day and night. That shouldnt happen, they're equals.

Kingpin’s just comedically unreliable, so nah we’re not scaling him to anyone.

Like I know there is the “haha spider-man you hold back against me” scans, but then Kingpin also ends up easily tanking a full-speed ram from Rhino, he kinda has these general feats with everyone

Though imo the scaling between the street level characters should be done with their cosmology only, like Daredevil with his own cosmology (Elektra, Bullseye, Fisk, The Hand stuff, etc etc), Cap with his own cosmology (Sam, Bucky, Crossbones, Red Skull, etc). That'd make everything easier imo.
That’s easier said than done, you’re asking us to focus on individual volumes, which for the record only makes up half a character’s appearance. It’s poor representation to invalidate substantial crossover.

When everyone lives in New York they end up fighting alot, not to mention stuff you’re suggesting, for the relevant characters, ends up being true anyways, Bullseye and Dr. Octopus are rarely fighting folks outside Spider-Man and Daredevil for example, so it’s redundant for them.

Kingpin for every intent and purpose is as much a Spider-Man rogue and a Cap rogue as he is Daredevil’s, and in fact ends up being the general Street Tier rogue. Softlocking him to a cosmology will be akin to locking Dr. Doom to only ever scale to Thing, or Thanos to only ever scale to Mar-Vell, and that’s it, it’s just not how the verse works, this isn’t DC where **** ton of characters are isolated.

Impress makes sense to me above. Daredevil beating the Kingpin despite the latter's much higher feats seems like standard plot-induced stupidity to me. We should probably consider Kingpin to have raw power above the Daredevil tiers.

Kingpin recently tanked a magic blast from Dr. Doom and physically overpowered him lol.

Well, that is Marvel being Marvel, as usual.

I've already talked about this on Discord, but I think it's worthy to talk about it it here too.
Basically the first calc is wrong-ish because the door is supposed to be made of steel, but it can be seen by its fragments how it is instead made of wood.

Amelia's already aware of that, but I think the departure of a 9-B+ feat might affect the ongoing debate.

Yes, it is probably fine if somebodyq upgrades Kingpin according to what was agreed there.

Thank you for helping out.

I am not sure. What do you all think that it should say?

No opinions on whether crossbones needs a note here, though I don't think he's as bad as Kingpin though, he never throws hands with any Spider-Man tier people, he just kinda alternates between 9-A+, Bucky 9-A and lower end 9-A/9-B+/What have you

I'm not sure if that is really a crater or just the wall being cracked.

Also, I forgot before but here's a couple of antifeats I found while researching Crossbones:
  1. Shang-Chi (and Crossbones) would have been killed by a helicopter explosion which I would eyeball as very high into 9-B
  2. Deadpool gets several of his bones broken by a taxi running him over
Yeah it's literally a couple, that's all I got.

Thank you. It seems like the Elektra calculation can be used then.

I'm back from a busy day and I saw the responses from Impress and more people, O won't derail the thread, just wanna say that the Kingpin stuff is gonna be touched again soon. It just bothers me that none of you changed Daredevil's scaling and now he will have no justifications to be 9-A/9-B.

EDIT: NVM, I saw just now he is at least 9-A. Good, it doesn't **** up the scaling.
Here are more feats for DD dudes. I'm gonna calc a few and then create a list of what we currently have.

Please stop derailing, Wolvie's 8-C/3-C.

And, it wasn't a different state, it was a different country, and he was punched by Gorgon, a High 6-C, for this feat to have happened.

Read the scans.
Nah, you must mean a different feat. The one I'm talking about is him getting sent from New York to Georgia. And what exactly makes Wolverine superior to everyone else in AP? Pretty sure he only fights Nathaniel due to adamantium skeleton and claws

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here. I would greatly appreciate if M3X, Armorchompy, Carioca, and Spino evaluate all of each other's calculations that are posted in this thread in order to speed up our process.

Also, was the grammar for "each other's" correctly applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back