• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel 9-A Calcs Are Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Marvel 9-A calcs are wrong and some of them were recalculated.

Elsa Bloodstone car feat was redone and it's 9-B (besides one)

The "Various 9-A feats" blog was reclaced and it's now 9-B

The Kingpin feat I have not recalced yet, because I ran into some issues. Mainly this part below

He seems to deform the truck by his own depth. Human width is 10 inches to 12 inches, since Kingpin is thicc I'll say 12 inches at least or 30.48 cm. Displacement seems roughly that.

The amount of height the human head have ranges from 12-13% or 7.5.

12% of kingpin height is 0.2412 m

13% is 0.2613 m.

2.01/7.5 = 0.268 m.

All below 30 cm, does the deformation looks bigger than his head height? Spoiler: It doesn't.

Pool feats seems legit but I'm unsure about the depth used there. I don't even know why is Deadpool on this Tier tbh. But I don't think one or two feat is enough to scale dozens of dozens of characters so we need more. Not calling this a downgrade because I'm sure we have more feats like that, just need to find them.

Right now we have:
Reminder: This is the 9-A characters and not 9-A+.

Last edited:
I've not saved literally everything, only what surprised me.

Either way, only shows just how much we lack.

Sorry boys, I'm not touching the Omnibus volumes to check for feats even if my family got kidnapped and held hostage.

Imo Daredevil v1 is kinda iffy, his pre Miller phase was very strong, trading punches with Black Panther, surviving a beatdown from Namor, and old DD knocked out Spider-Man, etc, do Idk about that.
Falcon and Crossbones are in the weird-ass grey area regardless for 9-As, where they can very well be 9-A+ given story, so scaling to them's ehhhhhhhhh.
I think the same applies for a bunch of street level heroes depending on the representation they are getting, Daredevil v6 had Matt beating Crossbones, Stilt Man, Bullseye and Rhino all at once.

Tbh I think a "Varies" rating works depending on the character, from 9-B to 9-A.

I think the same applies for a bunch of street level heroes depending on the representation they are getting, Daredevil v6 had Matt beating Crossbones, Stilt Man, Bullseye and Rhino all at once.
No but mate, Crossbones was just a Captain America for, and yet still, decades. Dude's just buff enough to **** up Cap consistently, that's his primary scaling.
Tbh I think a "Varies" rating works depending on the character, from 9-B to 9-A.
We don't give a Varies for raw inconsistency, there has to be a verse mechanic.

We don't give a Varies for raw inconsistency, there has to be a verse mechanic.
Hmm, fair.
No but mate, Crossbones was just a Captain America for, and yet still, decades. Dude's just buff enough to **** up Cap consistently.
Yeah I know, but what I said is still true though, though I don't recall Matt punching him iirc it was more like using the billy club to attack him, this shit is strong as ****

Worst case scenario maybe a note for Crossbones to make him unscaleable, we'll see.

About that Falcon feat, not sure if that's vvfrag, we could maybe use frag value of granite or marble too. Daredevil does have something similar to that in V3 annual 1

The Falcon calc is weird because some panels make it look like frag, others v.frag. IDK what to use.

I can add the Daredevil feats to my list.

So is it fine if we handle this now, or should it wait until later?

"At least 9-B, at most 9-A"
To compensate for the consistent lower end showings but to account for the often high end showings and variances between events.
The actual true solution. Not up for debate. Don't @ me.

People had issues with crushing cars being 9-A, I guess that makes sense.

Does this feat work? Not evaluated though and might wanna redo the pixel scaling.
I feel like it isn't an outlier for Elektra. She is contextually far stronger than Matt and them lot. And iirc, she has some sort of power mechanism involved.

She has also grown considerably stronger compared to her classic self.

She isn't stronger than Matt.

EDIT: I can elaborate on that later when we settle this thread

Last edited:
It's fine, was just annoying for me personally since I was gonna begin individual file reworks
Well, I am afraid that it is considerably more important that we handle the tier 5 and 9 Marvel revisions as a whole for the moment.

Anyway, perhaps @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan and @M3X are willing to evaluate each other's calculations above?

She isn't stronger than Matt.

EDIT: I can elaborate on that later when we settle this thread
I agree with that. When unarmed she shouldn't be stronger than Daredevil in terms of raw power. However, her ruthlessness and bladed weapons give her an edge.

Do you mean you'll further change the calc or is this the final version?
I added the pixelscaling for Daredevil's face and the issue of the feat.
Anyway, perhaps @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan and @M3X are willing to evaluate each other's calculations above?
Don't worry about that, we'll calc lots of feats and evaluate them all.
I agree with that. When unarmed she shouldn't be stronger than Daredevil in terms of raw power. However, her ruthlessness and bladed weapons give her an edge.
Yeah, she is just more dungerous than him. Whenever they fight, she's bloodlusted and Matt is in character or holding back. In Daredevil V6, she was training Matt and even while rusty, out of practice, Matt showed to be on par with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back