• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marth's Infinity Gauntlet Upgrade + Medeus stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This is only going to apply to the complete Shield of Seals

First of all, the abilities of each Infinity StoneSphere:

Resistance to Mind Manipulation via the Lightsphere, which allows him to be unneffected by the Darksphere (which I'll get to later, but Marth is also completely capable of holding the thing in the Shield of Seals without being effected), it also nullifies the effects of terrain, but I don't know what to say about that

Regenerationn (Low, for now) via the Lifesphere, which restores health every turn

Statistics Amplification via Starsphere (Shards of the Starsphere can increase someone's attributes when held), the complete shield also increases Marth's stats me

Earth Manipulation via Geosphere, as it creates an earthquake when used, demonstrated here

Mind Manipulation via Darksphere, which attacks the mind of an opponent in order to weaken their attacks, resulting in no damage

Second, abilities of the full Shield of Seals:

Sealing (as in, much better than what he already has with Falchion) shown here at around 6:20, as Marth seals away several Earth Dragons at once

There's also Statistics Amplification, but I already mentioned it with the Starsphere, as the completed shield grants bonuses to all of Marth's stats

Finally, some resistances for Medeus:

Resistance to Earth Manipulation (is unaffected by the Geosphere)

and this is the only "maybe" of the bunch, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, as a staff member is still capable of fighting Marth with the complete Shield of Seals, which has the Darksphere inside of it

I agree with this.

Again, Medeus is likely resistant to Mindhax because as you know Gharnef required the falchion to defeat him while he was in posession of both Imhullu and the Darksphere.

Idk if this is game mechanics... But Medeus halves the damage he suffers. In the SNES the damage is halved before applying his defense to the formula, leading to only the falchion doing decent damage. And the Earthstone nulles ranged attacks.

Halving damage just seems like an unnamed version of Dragonskin and is perfectly fine, the attack nullification was removed in later versions, just as Falchion nullifying attacks was (which iirc is why that isn't considered legitimate)

Well, if we dont consider it legit then I drop it, but I think we should. Its not something complicated to implement (unlike Jeddah).

I dont want to derail this with Jedah, but I'd apply the Echoes one as its the easier one.

But I think Power Nullification for Earth Dragons and Damage reduction for Medeus in all his forms, is okay.

All seems fine honestly. Are we going by FE 12?

And Holy shit guys, be a bit slower with the FE upgrades, people will see our wank and try to debunk us.

I mean, maybe if the profile is composite, but the attack negation was removed in SD/New Mystery (and the negation for EDM was removed in Mystery)

If we're fast enough, maybe I can upgrade Anankos and Corrin to 4-A

Composite profiles, if done, should probably be separated, maybe with the current one being SD/New Mystery (would composite include Heroes and Warriors? and if Heroes is included, do we include Skill Inheritance?)

Only canon composites, of course. The originals and their remakes, and thst's it.

Technically, IntSys did make Heroes

That seems fine, seems like it might only apply to Marth's games though Unless Low 2-C Ragnarok via crashing the game exists ovo

regarding composite profiles if we include heroes. I would say no to skill inheritance. Its game mechanic and i dont think were using attack moves via inheritance for pokemons too.

Actually, I think we use inherited attacks in pokemon. But I'd only agree with what JSW said.

2-A Ragnarok, its a multiverse

Speaking of composite profiles, what should be done with child units? (I guess composite is just every single parent at the same time, while Canon is just what they get from the main parent, unless a canon pairing exists)

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Speaking of composite profiles, what should be done with child units? (I guess composite is just every single parent at the same time, while Canon is just what they get from the main parent, unless a canon pairing exists)
I second that. was my plan too.

Composite Kana is 7-B (Legitimately 2-B if we consider Anankos to have actually made the dimension, which we don't, the amount being "all of the stars in the sky", but in every direction, and the stars are universes with their own space-time)

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Composite Kana is 7-B (Legitimately 2-B if we consider Anankos to have actually made the dimension, which we don't)
Its still not too late to change it

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Composite Kana is 7-B (Legitimately 2-B if we consider Anankos to have actually made the dimension, which we don't)

Daraen!Severa

Severa!Kana

Kana inherits everything from fates and awakening. GG

I mean, everyone only acts as if it's the end once they arrive in the dimension, and uses THAT as reason to believe he's all powerful, just never outright stated "Anankos made this"

We should probably stop derailing though even if I kinda did start it

JustSomeWeirdo said:
I mean, everyone only acts as if it's the end once they arrive in the dimension, and uses THAT as reason to believe he's all powerful, just never outright stated "Anankos made this"
We should probably stop derailing though even if I kinda did start it
Alright. That just screams for its own Thread.

Lightsphere - Resistance to Mind manipulation? I agree with this 100%

Lifesphere - Low Regenerationn, good for now, but the various regen/healing feats are actually lowballed ATM. Pretty sure regenerating from sword stabs is Mid-Low at least. And they've been known to recover from Fatal Wounds and burns from fire and lightning, so High-Low actually seems more reasonable. But Low's good for now.

Statistics Amplification via Starsphere - Agreed full force

Geosphere - Also Agreed.

Darksphere Mind Manipulation - Kinda iffy on that, I'm okay with possibly having that ability, but it should still be noted that he would never use that in character.

Sealing - Also agreed

MEdeus - Agreed on resistance to Earth Manipulation, and while I also agree with resistance to mind manipulation, I disagree with the justification. Marth never used it against him, but possibly the fact that Gharnef can't use it on him is better.

Also, the Completed Shield of Seals should apply to Marth's base key (Post-Chapter 20 New Mystery, as that is when the Darksphere is obtained and the Shield is completed)

Should the other Spheres be in Marth's standard equipment Pre-Chapter 20 (Basically, everything that isn't Mindhax and Sealing)?

If so, there should also be a note specifying that (outside of the Geosphere and potentially the Lightsphere and Starsphere), they should only apply to New Mystery and can be disabled in the event Shadow Dragon Marth is chosen

I'm unsure about Shield of Seals being in base key, but leaning towards that part not being there. But the other gems as well being part of his standard equipment as well as the abilities for his base key does seem good. The note also seems okay.

Okay. So has an agreement been reached then?

I agree with JSW's proposal

Edit: I dont think the spheres should be in Marth's standard equipment, just add the Shield of Seals and add that it contains the spheres for anyone to know.

Then in notable attacks and techniques we can describe the effects of each sphere.

Okay. I think that it should be possible to apply this then.

@DDM, Marth obtains the Completed Shield (Chapter 20) before obtaining Falchion (Chapter 23)

Well, I'm well aware of that, but something tells me the Shield of Seals makes him High 6-B; he casually seals Dragons on this level. Then again, that's more so specific hax, but I do have a feeling his durability with it might generally be considered Large Country level with it. I'm neutral on the completed SoS being on standard equipment for his 7-C key either way though.

Might as well create a new key for him:

Base | with SoS | Legendary King (isnt that what he's called in awakening?)

7-C/7-C | 7-C/ High 6-B | High 6-B / High 6-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back