• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marneus Calgar vs Darth Sidious

Marneus Calgar

Darth Sidious

In character for both. Standard equipment. Fight takes place in a lone ruined city on an otherwise empty planet. They start at a distance of twenty paces on a wide street. Movement speed is equalized if it makes the fight a stomp.

No prep time and the characters don't have previous knowledge about each other's abilities.

Victory is determined by death.

Marneus is fighting to take down the false emperor and Sidious is fighting because he has literally no other way out of the planet alive and he knows it.

Obviously, this is Legends Sidious.

How would this one go?

Now, the problem here is simple: Papa Smurf has more experience overall, but never had to fight a being as psychically powerful as Sidious before. However, Sidious hasn't ever even heard of a being such as Calgar.

If speed isn't equalized, Calgar blitzes. Sidious has speed of light reactions, but Calgar is faster than that.

The fight would obviously begin with Force Lightning being thrown out by Sidious, as the Force is the Dark Lord's favorite tool, but Calgar would resist it without much effort.

This would surprise Sidious, as the Force does not flow through Calgar at all, but the Dark Lord would attempt other things. Tearing at Calgar's mind with telepathy, ragdolling the Ultramarine with telekinesis, and brutal lightsaber assaults would keep Calgar on the back foot as the Marine attempted to find a pattern in the Sith's frenzied assault, taking serious injuries in the process.

However, eventually, an opening would appear, and Calgar would take it, punching at Sidious, but the Dark Lord would have placed a force barrier up. This would repeat, with variation until one of two things happens: Either Sidious tires, or Calgar succumbs to the mental and physical assault the Sith would bring.

However, I can't decide which between the two would happen. I'm deeming this inconclusive until more people make arguments.

If the Force doesn't flow through Calgar at all, does that mean Sidious' precognition won't work against him?

That could give Calgar the advantage here if it puts Sidious off balance enough.

Also, how well would Sidious' lightsabers work against Calgar's armor? How easily can Palpatine's powers cut through an Iron Halo? Would Tutaminis work against the disruption field of a power weapon if Sidious got hit?

Plyen said:
If the Force doesn't flow through Calgar at all, does that mean Sidious' precognition won't work against him?
That could give Calgar the advantage here if it puts Sidious off balance enough.

Also, how well would Sidious' lightsabers work against Calgar's armor? How easily can Palpatine's powers cut through an Iron Halo? Would Tutaminis work against the disruption field of a power weapon if Sidious got hit?
While Calgar lacks the Force, predicting the future with it doesn't change depending on the Force abilities of the target. Sidious would be a bit confused at Calgar's ability without the Force, but he'd probably consider Calgar a type of droid.

Calgar's armor would hold up quite well to a lightsaber blade, but I'm not sure about his Iron Halo. Force Lightning would be dispersed, but telekineses wouldn't be. And if Sidious was hit by a power weapon, he'd turn into a chunky paste.

Actually, now that I wrote that, I'm thinking Calgar would win. Better durability by far.

And now I'm wondering whether a prolonged Force Choke can kill Calgar. I say yes, but Calgar would probably just shoot Sidious at the time it happens. Yeah, as much as I like Star Wars, and as much as I dislike the Ultramarines (they're one of my least favorite legions/chapters), Calgar's got this.

Back