• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both resist transmutation, one hit kill and death hax, so let´s just leave those at a side.

Mario has some hax Isaac doesn´t resist, like Time manip and Sleep manip, but I´m sure Mario doesn´t lead with them, but can flip the match to Mario´s side if used right.

Now, Isaac resists a bunch of sorts of elemental attacks, leaving most of Mario´s ranged attacks hardly useful, however, his Blaster can help to restrain Isaac by covering him in honey and/or ink, which can give the match even more to Mario´s side.

What Isaac has at his side? Far better ranged attacks overall, a good variety of moves that allow him to attack Mario across all directions can give Mario trouble, but the Cape Feather and the Hammer allow him to reflect some of them back.

He also has this move that sounds broken:

"Bind: Isaac seals the usage of the opponent's spiritual, mental, physical, magical, psychic, and elemental abilities."

Mario also has Cappy, which can allow him to win the match quickly via incap, but so can Isaac likely win quickly with Bind, so I go by inconclusive TBH for now.

Yeah, OP voting on their own thread is heavily frowned upon.

Bobsican said:
Mario also has Cappy, which can allow him to win the match quickly via incap, but so can Isaac likely win quickly with Bind, so I go by inconclusive TBH for now.
This sounds like a vote to me.

I was sleepy at that time and didn´t think too much about that statement.

Anyways, anything else?

Isaac seems to have a lot of stuff that Mario doesn't resist (Life & Death, Hellfire, Soul, Power Null, Mind Control, ect).

I think I'll go with him for now.

Possibly TBH, but it´s likely that it fits for both.

Anyways, Mario starts the fight with an invisible forcefield around himself, what Isaac leads with?

The gear activates right at the start of a battle automatically, so it´s safe to say that he starts with it.

ok, well Isaac has experience against barrier users due to Djinns having similar properties and some bosses doing the same thing. He'll use his numerous earth spells, summons, or other hax to overwhelm or bypass the barrier completely.

Isaac would either nuke Mario to kingdom come by using his most potent earth spells and summons, and would work his way to other hax that he has. Mario Idk about him.

Let´s see...

Quake Sphere: He can just fly above it

Wild Growth: He can just burn them with his fire manip

Avalanche: Mario can reflect it back with his hammer

Nettle: Mario can just use the Spin Jump

Stone Spire: He can reflect it back with his hammer

Grand Gaia: Flight, maybe...?

Punji Strike: Same thing as Nettle

Thorny Grave: Mario uses Ultra Jump to dispatch all of them quickly

Skull Splitter: Mario uses Flip and it fails to work

Odyssey: Either Flip or Vanish Cap for brief intangibility

Haunt: Mario can beat up ghosts, so...

@Bob how would he know to dodge the strikes? and Isaac can harm non corporeals, so intangibility isn't gonna work. Haunt does more than just have a ghost float around you.

Mario is known to be able to react and dodge attacks like those a bunch of times in the RPGs, so it´s likely that he can keep up.

Haunt can be an issue then... how it works exactly? Scans would be appreciated.

Has he ever dodged or reflected something akin to an avalanche, or an exploding sword, or an earthquake that can affect flying enemies btw.

it's a spell that has a soul cling onto you to deal damage regardless of durability.

Let´s see...

He can dodge shockwaves, for the sword... not really as Nintendo apparently really hated the concept of swords in Mario, but he may be able to dodge it. How it´s performed the move?

Is the avalanche a bunch of huge rocks or what exactly?

it's a giant sword that flies at you to explode on contact.

Yes it is. It's a massive onslaught of rocks meant to overwhelm the target

Mario has reflected huge explosive proyectiles before, so he may be able to just use his hammer onto it.

In that case he can use his hammer on quick succesion, after all, he managed to do so against cannonballs, so he should be able to do that.

I couldn´t find the footage, but it came from an airship that fired in quick succesion, and he is capable of reflecting back all of the balls back at them.

For the number... about 10 probably or so.

Anything else?

I still remember how Isaac stomped me so hard when trying to get his spirit.

Anyways, I feel like I´m missing something important, but I don´t knwo what it is.

The real cal howard said:
Mario wins via not being an Assist Trophy.
Isaac wins via beards being sexier than mustaches

In all seriousness, Isaac is restricted to his Venus Psyenergy and no Djinns nor Summons, correct?

Back