• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Verse VS Sonic Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Bowser's Army/Koopa Troop, Yoshi, Toad, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Rosalina, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, King K. Rool, Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong, Princess Shokora, Ashley & Red, Zeekeeper, Kat and Ana, Geno, Sand Bird, King Boo, Antasma, Dark Bowser, Culex, Smithy, Shake King, Golden Diva, Tatanga, Tiki Kong, Lord Fredrik, Wizpig, Black Jewel, Kamek, Petey Piranha, Mallow, Fawful and Cackletta

VS

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Eggman's Army, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Big, E-123 Omega, Charmy, Vector, Espio, Iblis, Mephiles, Solaris, Time Eater, Cream the Rabbit, Rouge the Bat, Biolizard, Black Doom, Chaos, Imperator Ix, Dark Gaia, Emerl, Deadly Six, Fang the Sniper, Mecha Sonic, Gemerl, Erazor Djinn, Merlina the Wizard and King Arthur

Who wins and why?

WeeklyBattles and The real cal howard:

Can the Mario characters time travel on their own and or with a time machine?

Darkspine Sonic and Erazor Djinn should be able to handle Rosalina but yeah Antasma and Dreamy Bowser alone can solo

The real cal howard:

How is Darkspine Sonic's speed MFTL? I think he should be MFTL+ since he fought at a location where Time and Space were destroyed if I'm not mistaken. His speed was infinite...Erazor should also be MFTL+ if not infinite as well.

Moving in a timeless void no longer qualifies for Infinite speed, and DS Sonic/Djinn dont have any MFTL+ feats, they're just scaled to Hyper Sonic's speed

WeeklyBattles said:
Moving in a timeless void no longer qualifies for Infinite speed, and DS Sonic/Djinn dont have any MFTL+ feats, they're just scaled to Hyper Sonic's speed
Alright I suppose it's safer to scale Darkspine Sonic and Erazor aka Alf Layla wa-Layla to Hyper Sonic and should stay at MFTL speeds.

Do you also have a link explaining why moving in a timeless void no longer qualifies for Infinite speed?

@Adam Im not entirely sure which thread it was determined but this is the note from the Speed page:

"Moving within a timeless void is not a sufficient justification for receiving the infinite speed rating. This is a rather common plot convenience within fiction, such as after a universe has been destroyed, or when travelling outside of regular space-time, and is generally strongly contradicted by all regular speed feats. In order to qualify, a character must be a natural part of that type of environment."

WeeklyBattles said:
@Adam Im not entirely sure which thread it was determined but this is the note from the Speed page:
"Moving within a timeless void is not a sufficient justification for receiving the infinite speed rating. This is a rather common plot convenience within fiction, such as after a universe has been destroyed, or when travelling outside of regular space-time, and is generally strongly contradicted by all regular speed feats. In order to qualify, a character must be a natural part of that type of environment."
I just found out that this page also talks about Infinite speed as well:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/574532

Thanks to you and "The real cal howard" for the answers.

The real cal howard said:
He said he compares them to a troupe of actors, and compares them to Popeye later.
Then all Mario games aren't canon even though the Mario characters can take up any role they want.

Sonic games are canon. I believe that Sonic 06 is canon even though the game never happened due to the ending, what makes it canon IMO is that the Sonic characters remember the events that got reset so they would think twice before repeating the reset events otherwise the reset events would keep happening over and over again aka Time Paradox.

One Sonic game I believe that isn't canon is Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

Sonic has an obvious storyline. So yes. They're all canon. 06 excluded because of lolretcon. Ninendo doesn't even remember those educational games. They're as canon as Hotel Mario.

Sonic has an obvious storyline. So yes. They're all canon. 06 excluded because of lolretcon. Ninendo doesn't even remember those educational games. They're as canon as Hotel Mario.
I can now safely assume that all Mario games are technically canon assuming that all Mario educational games are excluded since they are considered non-canon.

Even if Solaris is non canon then Time Eater still solos which is why I decided to exclude them from this thread.

Solaris and/or Time Eater solo
Why you think they solos the Mario-verse? Do you think they can beat the Gentle Pull? I disagree because i believe Dreamy Bowser, Antasma with Dark Stone and Zeekeeper are multiverse level than multi-universe level.

Danibom:

A gentle pull is a God in Mario's universe. To assume that Mario's universe has the gentle pull while Sonic's universe doesn't have a God to cancel out the The Gentle Pull is being biased.

If Mario has the gentle pull then every character's universe does have another Gentle Pull aka God to cancel out Mario verse's Gentle Pull.

What? If the Sonic series has never shown or stated to have a god akin to Gentle Pull, we don't assume it does.

If Mario has a Gentle Pull, that doesn't mean "every character's universe does have another Gentle Pull aka God to cancel out Mario verse's Gentle Pull."

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

Adamjensen2030 said:
Danibom:
A gentle pull is a God in Mario's universe. To assume that Mario's universe has the gentle pull while Sonic's universe doesn't have a God to cancel out the The Gentle Pull is being biased.

If Mario has the gentle pull then every character's universe does have another Gentle Pull aka God to cancel out Mario verse's Gentle Pull.
But do you agree with the Gentle Pull beating Solaris and Time Eater?

Assuming that Sonic Verse's Gentle Pull wasn't included then yes the Mario Verse's Gentle Pull speedblitz Solaris and Time Eater.

Ryukama:

I don't want to bring religion into this but I don't know if you believe in God or not. Let's pretend that you assume that God exists in 1 universe yet you ignore another possibility of another God existing in another universe. Do you get what I'm saying?

Sonic's verse doesn't have a supreme being like the Gentle Pull though. And even if they did have a supreme being, there would still be the question of whether or not that being is as powerful as Mario's god.

It's like saying Dragon Ball's Zen'ō won't stomp Naruto, based on the assumption that Naruto's verse has a supreme being more powerful than Zen'ō. Despite this never being shown or stated to be the case.

Ryukama:

Just because it wasn't mentioned in the Sonic games doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I rather avoid this talk about the Gentle Pull because I don't want to attract controversy. The Gentle Pull isn't an official Nintendo character. It was a statement made by Rosalina.

Sonic does not have a Gentle Pull. Please stop bringing that up.

If a supreme being hasn't been stated or shown within the Sonic series, we don't assume it exists. That is basic stuff.

Again, by that logic you can make any verse not lose to another by assuming a supreme being.

Dragon Ball doesn't beat Narutoverse cause I'm assuming Naruto has a god more powerful than Zen'ō. Pokemon doesn't beat Kirbyverse cause I'm assuming Kirby has a god more powerful than Arceus.

Unless you can bring any statement or showing that indicates Sonic has a supreme being, let alone one as powerful as Gentle Pull, you can't say they have one.

I know you're not starting a flame war. But you're making arguments entirely from assumption and pretty much using a fan character of yours in order to not have Gentle Pull beat Sonic.

Unless you can provide a statement/showing that the game's canon (not Archie) has a supreme being. And that this supreme being is as powerful as Gentle Pull. Then we will not be saying that Sonic has such a character.

I'm sorry but, "Sonic's Gentle Pull cancels Mario's out" is not at all a valid argument in this thread.

Ryukama:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Player_(Nintendo)

Note: Could possibly be the Gentle Pull mentioned in Super Mario Galaxy. The player is the one that brings Medusa (Kid Icarus) back to life in the last chapter of Kid Icarus

I know that it says the player could possibly be the Gentle Pull for the specific character's verse. By that logic all video game characters have their own Gentle Pull aka the player since the player is the one that helps the hero defeat the villain. No offense I'm saying what I think.

For now the winner depends on which verse has the better player it can vary depending on the person playing the specific video game.

I know that it says the player could possibly be the Gentle Pull for the specific character's verse. By that logic all video game characters have their own Gentle Pull aka the player since the player is the one that helps the hero defeat the villain. No offense I'm saying what I think.

For now the winner depends on which verse has the better player it can vary depending on the person playing the specific video game.

The difference between the two cases is immense. In Nintendo-verse, The Player is considered a character, a being of another dimension beyond comprehensio. It is also the one who fodderized Giygas and can resurrect people.

Show me on Sonic-verse where The Player is considered to be a character who interacts directly with others on the back, just as it does on Nintendo-verse.

Kevyn Souza:

You're using Paper Mario which I didn't mention in this thread.

If you still want to use the Player aka gentle pull from Paper Mario then "The Source of All" counters it.

No, you didn't understand anything. It was you who mentioned The Player, and The Player on Nintendo-verse is considered to be an unusually powerful being, quite contrary to what is considered in Sonic-verse.

And Paper Mario-verse = Mario-verse. In addition, The Player is mentioned in Paper Mario-verse, so citing a Paper Mario scene that refers to The Player has nothing to do with citing Paper Mario itself.

And how so "The Player aka Gentle Pull"? The Player is not confirmed to be The Gentle Pull, that's just a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back