• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Ressurrection CRT

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, so, after looking at the profile, I´ve found Mario having passive resurrection.

The problem? The way it works doesn´t actually save him from death, just from being knocked out, otherwise Luigi wouldn´t be able to heal him later with a 1-Up Mushroom that would normally be done without those gloves.

Meaning that it isn´t even Resurrection to begun with

1-up mushrooms give you an extra life, that's pretty blatant resurrection. Perhaps they just heal you from being knocked out as well.

NotAMarioFan is as incorrect as it looks.

@Gyro When portrayed as healing you they aren't portrayed as giving an extra life vise a versa. Same with the Super Mushroom having both size manip and healing, there is no resurrection here.

1up in mario literally say when u bro ko'd ( which means killed) u are "revived" with all status aliment cured as well I dont know where u get this not Ressurection from. And in dream team it translates "revives a fallen brother

The Whomp King actually breaks the fourth wall and acknowledges Mario's multiple lives, which I believe is a first in canon. He begins his usual speech that'll play when you first meet him, but if you die and come back, he'll cut hinself off and state "...I'm tired of this speech!" or something to that nature. This is also referenced in SMRPG by Apprentices who you can die to that will then become Snifits you can talk to after reviving.

Heck, extra lives have been mentioned plenty of times in guides, in-universe, and exist as an item via the 1-Up Mushrooms which are canonically an item that grants instant revival upon death. Super Mario-Kun and Super Paper Mario also have direct mentions and showings.

That isn't remotely enough. Also mentioning guides and Super Mario-Kun make things very unreliable.

Lmao like the Kirby profile doesn't use guides and shit either? Also, as far as I know, you only need one showing for an ability to be listed and the link I posted is clear proof that referencing multiple lives akin to Undertale exists within the verse.

1-Up Mushrooms are legit things Mario and Luigi carry and it's a known, canonical item in the verse. Paper Mario has the Lfoe Shroom that resurrects him. Hell, Kirby was given Resurrection for having the ability to resurrect others so why can't a Mario with a 1-Up have the ability also?

And like I said, multiple lives are a canonical thing. We have Paper Mario and Regular Mario on the same page and I'm quite sure the Shaydes reference the fact that you only get sent to the Underwhere when all your lives are lost and you reach a Game Over, as well as Queen Jaydes reaffirming such and then items that auto revive Mario like in the RPGs as well.

Peach smacking some Goombas in Super Mario 3D Land results in the 1-Up musical cue to play as well, which is a canonical reference to the "gane mechanic" that beating multiple enemies in a row garners multiple lives.

But whatever. This wiki utterly confuses me with how it treats verses with such harsh scrutinity but others have no thought put into them when I can easily pick out nuances or say "that's not nearly enough" as well but those abilities or feats still pass through.

Somebody should ask Dino Ranger Black to comment here.

@Foxthefox Part of the problem is that I have no reason to believe anything that you say, given your attitude on the matter. Added to that you don't really link all the things you claim and the there is extreme disorganization.

Aside from that, if you have any problem with Kirby then make your own CRT. This ties into the disorganization, it kinda looks like you don't care to make things right yet you still want your things to happen.

Well, DRB is our main Mario expert, so it doesn't hurt to ask him.

All 1-Up mushrooms give you is an extra life for backup, if you die in Mario the 1-Up mushroom isn't going to ressurrect you.

To give you an example, if you had 4 lives and got a 1-Up mushroom, you will now have 5 lives.

Say, you lost all those 5 lives, you die, that's it, game over.

A Life Shroom has passive ressurection but that is from the paper mario games. BUT, since it SEEMS like we have showstopper from the Paper Mario stuff, then we also have the life shroom. So just change the explanation

Eficiente said:
@Foxthefox Part of the problem is that I have no reason to believe anything that you say, given your attitude on the matter. Added to that you don't really link all the things you claim and the there is extreme disorganization.
Aside from that, if you have any problem with Kirby then make your own CRT. This ties into the disorganization, it kinda looks like you don't care to make things right yet you still want your things to happen.
What spectacular reasoning.

People being unreliable is a thing, even if some don't care. That dude was just claiming things, if you feel like adding things to profiles without evidence then good for you but some may consider that being incompetent, at best.

The whole thread is without links to anything except one thing that isn't related to the topic of the thread.

Well here's what I know so far. Queen Jaydes will refer to people who die as getting game overs and we know that a game over is when you lose all of your lives. At least in Mario's case. It's not just her however, many refer to people dying as game over in Super Paper Mario such as Dimentio.

Peach also gains an extra life (the sound effect is an obvious reason why) when she attacked several Goombas at once. This is exactly reffering to the mechanic in which killing several enemies in a row will do the same effect.

1-Ups at this point are pretty obvious resurrection items. They clearly bring you back to life and even visually show it when you use one in the M&L series when you are a in a "fallen" state. Fallen meaning dead both context and definition wise. The manuals also consistently say they revive you and give an extra life. As well as varients such as Life Shrooms which have the same effect.

I personally do not mind if we keep resurrection for Mario.

Back