• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Optional Equipment revision (And one ability)

Mario's Powers and Abilities needs to include a "With Optional Equiptment" tab and have most everything in that tab removed from his base tab. To my knowledge, the powers in his base tab that need to be moved to OE include

Ressurection, Summoning, Duplication, Death Manipulation, Transmutation and BFR, Damage Nullification, Water Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Probability Manipulation, Possession, Portal Creation, Time Manipulation (Only Zone Speed should be noted for Base Form), Sealing, Music Keys stuff, Battle Card stuff.

F.L.U.D.D. and "Various Power-Ups and Items" should also be removed from his Standard Equiptment.

Standard Equiptment's definition on this website is: "...a set of items that a character can be expected to have on hand at any time."

All of these items appeared in one or two games at most, and as such are not applicable to standard equiptment.

Mario should also have Dimensional Storage since he can carry massive numbers of items in the RPGs effortlessly, as well as carrying several items half the size of him in the main games.

Not all of them but yes, the profile is trying to get away with as much as it can from the other format of Standard Equipment.

Mario doesn't have all of that "Base" things the profile claims he has when a new game starts, even between the same "continuities".

Edit: Also the EE is legit, not "Possible", just super OoC.

Actually last i check some appeared in 5 games (mario and luigi superstar saga + bowser's minions, mario and luigi dream team, bowers inside story ds and 3ds and paper jam) The battle cards and badges and wear can stay.

4 is little next to a percentage, which for the most part is how this goes. Even then, Mario doesn't to always use that stuff from one point forward in the first of those games, he just has access to the items.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Actually last i check some appeared in 5 games (mario and luigi superstar saga + bowser's minions, mario and luigi dream team, bowers inside story ds and 3ds and paper jam) The battle cards and badges and wear can stay.
5 games is still five out of literally a hundred. No.

Those arn't even standard equiptment in the RPGs. Most of the items that give noteworthy powers I literally never got nor used in my playthrough of the RPGs.

They are optional equiptment within the five games they're in.

They can be used majority throughout the series which what standard equipment means. Last I checked, Standard Equipment refers to a set of items that a character can be expected to have on hand at any time. And in the RPGs series battle cards, star spirits, items, and clothing can be equipped and set at all times throughout the series of the games. So they are counted for.

The Smashor said:
Five games in the Mario Series is not a "Majority".
Your getting it confused, I didn't say all the series I said the Mario RPG series (mario and Luigi and paper Mario series) which Mario used "throughout the series"

I swear I was going to make a comment about how no one should react like they did in that Rosalina thread as no one here is meant to already know anything, the profile is making sure of that, and that we are all adults. I didn't do it as I thought it unnecessary.

Facts and evidence, no sarcasm.

But that's what's being suggested. Unless Mario has it in most of his games, then it shouldn't be standard equipment, with that "over 100 games so having it for 5 games isn't enough" argument. Which is dumb. Goku doesn't have to use the Kamehameha in the majority of his episodes now, does he?

The real cal howard said:
But that's what's being suggested. Unless Mario has it in most of his games, then it shouldn't be standard equipment, with that "over 100 games so having it for 5 games isn't enough" argument. Which is dumb. Goku doesn't have to use the Kamehameha in the majority of his episodes now, does he?
No, but it is made out of ki, which Goku always has.

That's why I said "which for the most part is how this goes" on the percentage part, it's not always like that. Kira in his last key didn't have Stray Cat for the most part, he had it for a while and then it was removed from him, but he used it in his main battle and that context is enough.

The thing about Goku I would rather not talk about.

The Kahmehameha is an attack, not an item. We'll talk about what Mario does in character in another thread.

I'm siding a bit with Cal. Using the amount of games Mario has is kinda a dull argument and I've explained why. Thing is, a lot of Mario's abilities aren't in many of his games, due to a ton of spin offs or a game having a certain gimmick.

Perhaps, but Mario isn't carrying around his RPG equiptment in other games. You can't say "Lol it's a video game". Video games don't follow different rules then the rest of ficiton.

It doesn't even look like you read the whole thread, also that impractical argument isn't very reliable.

The Smashor said:
Perhaps, but Mario isn't carrying around his RPG equiptment in other games. You can't say "Lol it's a video game". Video games don't follow different rules then the rest of ficiton.
This is about Mario RPG games not the entire Mario franchise

@NotAMarioFan(lol) This is about Mario, period. If you want a key for him in the RPG games then make your own CRT. Same if anyone wants to change the Standard Equipment page. That's the not suspicious way to go over this.

The Smashor said:
Except they do. Game mechanics.

Aimed at the first part of what you quoted, if your comment was aimed to that as well. Sence that wasn't the case, you're wrong, we take game mechanics into consideration, so they don't follow different rules.

Can you construct how do you think Mario's Standard Equipment should look like?

I agree with DatOneWeeb. Mushrooms, Fire Flowers and Stars probably should be in it since the appear in almost every game.

His hammer seems kind of iffy, but it's a common enough item I suppose. He is shown carrying one in the beginning of 3D World, so he just dosn't use it all the time.

FLUDD is technically owned by E. Gadd and Mario has only used it in one game. No.

Cappy is a seperate sentient being that Mario only had in one game. No.

Mario has had his hammer since nineteen-eighty-goddamn-one, before he had literally anything else. No way in heck is it iffy.

He also died from falling too far and was threatened by an 8-C at that time and didn't have it in the very next game.

Wonderful argument. I guess Zach Fair shouldn't have the Buster Sword because he died to bullets. See how much sense that makes?

Mario can't spin because he only did that in the Galaxy games.

Claiming the hammer doesn't work as standard seems really bizarre. Maybe not fludd though. Cappy was in the most recent one so I guess it would be standard for now.

@Cal

I mean that Donkey Kong is very different then every other Mario Game. Even on other Donkey Kong games Mario sometimes dosn't have the hammer. It should be Standard Equiptment, though, since he does carry around one as of Super Mario 3D world. However, he usually dosn't have his hammer from the RPGs, if him needing to regain it in every game is any indication.

Once again, we'll talk about Mario's character at another time.

Yeah and Samus has to regain her equipment. Link needs to acquire hiss stuff. Mega Man has to defeat robot masters. Guess they only shoot lemons and use basic sword swipes.

Back