• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Joins the Low 1-C Gang!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Let's wait a little first then.

What do the rest of you think about higher-dimensional manipulation?

I think any talk about Higher-Dimensional Manipulation should be saved until we continue the discussion on the "Higher Dimension" as the topic directly affects how the ability works.

Okay, so should we close this thread after all then?

I disagree with the OP entirely. The Immeasurable feat is invalid as travelling between the two realms doesn't grant you the rating, rather it's the ability to move within such a realm. Plus, Mario never travelled into said world to begin with and we aren't given enough context about it. I don't even think such a world even exists as it's only describing that the Cut Out ability transcends space and time rather than implying there's a realm of such. Tier 1 related stuff is usually beyond my comprehension but I doubt any of this grants the verse such a rating

Ask for the ability, my answer is also no. This is Huey's ability, not Mario's and I don't think any other character in the game has this ability.

Last edited:
Cappy is from Mario's most recent game, and even then I'm pretty sure he's not in his Standard Equipment (Although F.L.U.D.D. is for some reason).
Huh..? The Janitor equipment is in his standard equipment? Might as well have young master luma there too cause makes as much sense :/

I feel like Mario's equipment needs an overhaul in general tbh
I feel like it really should, especially with this , like c'mon why have the 'paper' tab just to have two separate tabs with "paper mario series" and "Shiny paper mario". And thats just me barely glancing at this page for the 1st time

I feel like it really should, especially with this , like c'mon why have the 'paper' tab just to have two separate tabs with "paper mario series" and "Shiny paper mario". And thats just me barely glancing at this page for the 1st time
The "Paper" tab is for Paper Mario from Paper Jam. There's a note at the bottom of the profile that explains it better.

This is derailing though so I'll stop.

First off, context is important. A simple statement doesn't do much, and considering we're talking about Paper Mario, it's good to have context to consider if something is an outlier, extravagant or flowery language, etc. I haven't kept up with new Paper Mario games as much, but I don't remember a feat above Tier 8, much less Low 1-C.

I'm asking for clarification.
It's the same level of power as normal Mario, they even had that Paper Jam crossover cementing it.

I strongly disagree with Immeasurable speed for reasons laid out by others. As for the AP, I'm overall neutral, but I will say that "Transcending time, space, and dimension" is a weak justification for it. It's possible to approach the idea, but transcend doesn't quite equate to existing on a plane of higher infinity above the universes.

I strongly disagree with Immeasurable speed for reasons laid out by others. As for the AP, I'm overall neutral, but I will say that "Transcending time, space, and dimension" is a weak justification for it. It's possible to approach the idea, but transcend doesn't quite equate to existing on a plane of higher infinity above the universes.
iirc, the dude said something about it having reality fiction interaction, I would like if he send the scans, but yeah, the immeasurable is invalid.

Reality Fiction portrayals may have some bearing; if some characters reside in a dimension that perceives the Tier 2 structures as saved datafiles or flat sheets of paper; that's often been used. But again, I'd like more proof of those examples or something similar enough.

Reality Fiction portrayals may have some bearing; if some characters reside in a dimension that perceives the Tier 2 structures as saved datafiles or flat sheets of paper; that's often been used. But again, I'd like more proof of those examples or something similar enough.
I did have that, yes. I can dm you on discord about them. Here the links just did not work lol.

Okay, so should we just close this thread or do any edits based on it first?

No, because the stuff about "Higher Dimensions" hasn't been agreed to by Staff and the OP seems to want to make another thread covering that topic specifically later.

Only one staff denied it and their reason for denying was because it wasn't Mario's ability, but that doesn't mean we can't add it with a disclaimer it's because of Huey.

It's less denying and just no agreement from staff on an important topic such as Higher Dimensions.

According to the tiering system, transcending dimensions in relation to a 4D cosmology warrants 5D, and it's because being above time and space could just be a higher level of 4D, while being above 4D itself requires higher dimensionality (otherwise it would just be higher into 4D). And this is actually without context

- As a result, it is not at all feasible to take any statements involving a character existing "beyond dimensions" at face value, as this would lead to extremely inflated ratings largely dependent on No-Limits Fallacies. Therefore, such descriptors are to be evaluated while taking into account the number of dimensions which the verse has been shown to entertain; for example, a character stated to exist above physical dimensions in relation to a 4-dimensional cosmology would be Low 1-C with no further context.

I wanted this to load within the thread I sent, but oh well. This can be closed. I think it would be better if I made a blog post on what the ability does and why it supports this concept. Doubt I'll actually make the new thread, someone else can if they want to.

I think the thread should continue a while lol there's no need to insist on closing it so hastily. There's still discussion to be had.
Nah. Just let it close. I can't explain what the ability does if the links I used to explain it don't even work. So just let the topic be put on hold for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back