• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Character Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so, hello everybody! I've been deemed inactive for a long time in order to do my research, and hey! I'm back (I'll bet nobody even remembers me, lol)! Regardless, I would like to propose some possible revisions to existing Mario profiles and even to add a new character. So, let's get started, shall we?

1. Can we give Chakron, from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, a profile? He actually has some very impressive feats, so I think it'd be for the best. For example, he states that his pose "absorbs waves from deep parts of outer space." And that "The waves crash upon my mental shore. I am a mental beach." Then, he proceeds to say "With the power of outer space upon me, I can do anything." This is not all, as he is also completely impervious the the Brothers' attacks until they pull out the Snack Basket attack, and break his balance, thus, defeating him. It's also worth noting that he states later, "There is nothing that outer space knows not." So, clearly, he's powerful. And because he has the power of outer space and Earth, I think that'd be somewhere around Universe level. But, that's for you guys to decide. Plus, knowing everything, eh, I'd like to think that's at least Nigh-Omniscient. Again, your decision.

2. The term "worlds" in Mario, what does it mean? Most commonly we'd think of it as planet level, but I request we update Mario's definition of "world" as it seems to point more towards "universe." Popular example, Super Dimentio. He's 2-B for being able to destroy the totality of all worlds, or, universes. Also, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, their worlds are different as well.

Sadly, the "Add Photos" option is not working whatsoever, so I will have to link the photos I wanted to illustrate to you guys, here.

So, as you can see, each world progressively gets bigger, first as a planet (World 1), then as a solar system (World 2), then a cluster of stars (World 3), then a galaxy (World 4), then a cluster of galaxies (World 5), then... a giant black hole at an unknown size (World 6).

But, there IS a logical way to figure out how big this "world's" black hole is. A countless amount of galaxies are shown in the background of World 5, and each one progressively got bigger, so, this world should be the size of a universe, meaning, world points to universe once again. Also, it's worth mentioning that, after swapping out with Luigi in the game, BEFORE you unlock him by beating the game, he says that he's been traveling the universe himself... The universe.

So, not only does logic point towards Worlds being the size of universes, but so does Luigi. Also, I know I seem like I'm coming off as a mean guy (just read the wiki's rules, sorry for the old word that resided here), but I really am not intending that.

Anyways, can we redefine worlds in Mario to universes? And if we do, can we also upgrade Dark Bowser, who had the power to plunge the world into darkness, and make it vanish? I mean, if you think about it, it kinda makes sense even in that game. If Chakron is Universe level, then Dark Bowser reasonably should be stronger, being the final boss that was, like, completely unrivaled. So, the "world" could be a Universe level feat for him too. Also, this would upgrade Bowser's base form, who can match Dark Bowser. So, maybe? I dunno. Again, you guys can decide what you'd like.

3. Mario & Luigi revisions. So, I'd like to point out that there are characters the Mario Brothers fought that they don't scale to. Of course there's Chakron & Dark Bowser, but that depends on whether you guys buy into Number Two or not, but even then, there's Culex & Dreamy Bowser who they don't scale to. Mario fought both of them, while Luigi likely scales to Mario. If you guys don't want to make that their permanent stats, can I at least request a new key and the insertion of the two aforementioned feats, please?

Maybe like, the end of their key reads "In the Mario RPGs," or something, and put them withing the range of Universe level+ and Multi-Universe level?

I mean, even if they are outliers, other pages have seperate keys for things like that. What do you guys think about all three numbers?

Well number 1 seems like very far-fetched speculation. I am uncertain about the rest, as I do not have the energy to focus in-depth. I will ask Dino Ranger Black.

Have mario bumped up to Universal level is crazy in their term but I don't see the problem since paper mario being 7b to 2B but was most likely a power up

No. 1 seems more like an assumption and is too vague to make out of anything. In all honesty, there's nothing to scale out of it.

For No.2, the world the characters were referring to in Bowser's Inside Story clearly has the planet in mind as they have never implied anything beyond that. As far as my memory of the game serves, they only been showing concern for the safety of the kingdom and the planet. Also, in an ironic sense, the link you provided have Charkron saying, "The universe frowns upon your begging. It scoffs at your wish." meaning the stakes aren't that as you suggest. And please don't mistake the worlds in SMG2 as different universes. They are simply different sections of the universe.

No. 3 seems the most valid but I can't really say wether we can scale the Mario Bros., Peach, or Bowser to Culex or the Bros to Bowser with the Grand Star or Dream Stone. They are unusually high feats. Not only that, but they have some instances where they struggled against weaker enemies such as the Bros' near-death experience with Bowletta, Mario getting curbstomped by Bowser with the Star Rod, or the cast being captured by the Hammer Bros with the...... *ahem*..... Vibe Secpter in Super Princess Peach. Plus, it will conflict with why the characters need the Pure Hearts, Star Spirits, etc to begin with if they are capable of fighting such enemies anyway. It will definitely cause controversy.

I agree with your statements for No. 1 and 2, but may I propose a possible explanation for the Bros' inconsistencies? Is it possible their power actually fluctuates? I've seen some people believe that being a Star Child grants them this power, and that it's energy can tire sometimes. Or, maybe how Count Bleck one-shot Paper Mario, and later, still without the Pure Hearts, he could survive The Void without much trouble, and fight base Dimentio as well as Count Bleck at the end of the game, and not be knocked unconsious. So maybe, thy heir a bit like Goku in a sense; their power can fluctuate based on their energy at the time and near-death experiences might make them stronger? If this makes no sense, then it's okay to forget about this and close the thread, lol. Thank you for looking into this, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back