• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Bros: Profile Overhaul(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did a great job, it looks pretty good.
I only have a few things to point out.
  • Some references are missing, even simply things like the name or number of the level, or just a reference to a gameplay thing (like super breath, smth like "DK Returns - Gameplay" works).
  • This clip works for Surface Scaling, he can have it without issues.
  • I would add him riding the various animals in the og Country games and the buffalo in Jungle Beat to his vehicular mastery, as we do consider mounts as vehicles of a kind.
  • I'd separate resistance to cold and radiation, simply because we don't consider the ability to withstand space as the same as withstanding cold. Both are fine, I'd just keep them in separate points.
  • I ain't sure on resistance to ice, it's always been a debatable topic, but most of the times it is considered a LS feats.
  • I'd make the resistance to poison a likely, simply because we don't know how harmful that water is.
  • I think you linked the wrong scan in his elasticity, or maybe it's just me not seeing him squeeze while performing his super move in Strykers.
  • I don't think his resistance to electricity works, in the clip he does get hurt, he just recovers afterwards. You can list that as stamina.
  • Not sure about the flaming tender either, as other characters get hurt by it and fire is generally harmful across the series. Imho it's more likely that the item doesn't inflict damage to the user.
  • It would be nice if you could add clips for the power ups, but it's not outright necessary. You could also put within brackets (in the same tabber) which ones belong to the DK series and the ones to Mario.
  • Lastly, and it doesn't necessarily have to be handled in this thread, him lifting a Galleon in Country Returns would be a good LS upgrade, it needs a calc first though.

Some things I'd add

Donkey Kong is in just about every single Mario Kart, so there's like 12 more References for Vehicular Mastery

Flattening and recovering from that happens in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Wii just off the top of my head

Being comparable to Mario is not scanned nor referenced

Intelligence is pretty bad on References too, and is missing all DKC:TF feats

You did a great job, it looks pretty good.
I only have a few things to point out.
  • Some references are missing, even simply things like the name or number of the level, or just a reference to a gameplay thing (like super breath, smth like "DK Returns - Gameplay" works).

aight

• This clip works for Surface Scaling, he can have it without issues.

according to the Surface Scaling page, I don't think that'd qualify

• I would add him riding the various animals in the og Country games and the buffalo in Jungle Beat to his vehicular mastery, as we do consider mounts as vehicles of a kind.
  • I'd separate resistance to cold and radiation, simply because we don't consider the ability to withstand space as the same as withstanding cold. Both are fine, I'd just keep them in separate points.

aight

• I ain't sure on resistance to ice, it's always been a debatable topic, but most of the times it is considered a LS feats.

I've never seen ice be considered a LS feat as of recent, in any thread

that just seems hella odd

• I'd make the resistance to poison a likely, simply because we don't know how harmful that water is.

true, but this is the same polluted water level that's also referred to as Poison Pond

• I think you linked the wrong scan in his elasticity, or maybe it's just me not seeing him squeeze while performing his super move in Strykers.

which one?

• I don't think his resistance to electricity works, in the clip he does get hurt, he just recovers afterwards. You can list that as stamina.

I'll go fishing for some more clips that'll act as support evidence

if I can't find any, then I'll move it over to Stamina

• Not sure about the flaming tender either, as other characters get hurt by it and fire is generally harmful across the series. Imho it's more likely that the item doesn't inflict damage to the user.

I think the other racers are more-so hurt by the increase in speed ramming into them, similar to how the Bullet Bill and Super Star function

and I mean, every character in that game has shown to be largely unphased when set ablaze

• It would be nice if you could add clips for the power ups, but it's not outright necessary. You could also put within brackets (in the same tabber) which ones belong to the DK series and the ones to Mario.

I was originally planning that, but I haven't seen much of what DK has for SE, outside of his own

the general Mario Power-Ups are from the spin-offs

• Lastly, and it doesn't necessarily have to be handled in this thread, him lifting a Galleon in Country Returns would be a good LS upgrade, it needs a calc first though.

been meaning to have the LS looked at, cuz Class 25 seems like a lowball

Last edited:
Some things I'd add

Donkey Kong is in just about every single Mario Kart, so there's like 12 more References for Vehicular Mastery

Flattening and recovering from that happens in Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Wii just off the top of my head

aight

Being comparable to Mario is not scanned nor referenced

figured his other two presented feats, involving Wario and Luigi, would lead a reader to believe that he'd be generally superior in raw strength to Mario

Intelligence is pretty bad on References too, and is missing all DKC:TF feats

I'll look into that

according to the Surface Scaling page, I don't think that'd qualify
Not really I believe, because DK is nimbly climbing the tree better than any human would and isn't using neither momentum nor brute force. However, it can be argued that he is using the specific features of the tree itself, that does make it dubious indeed.

I've never seen ice be considered a LS feat as of recent, in any thread
I remember it being talked about in a few Mortal Kombat and One Piece threads in reference to characters getting frozen solid and then freeing themselves through sheer force.
This because they aren't really resisting the ice, as they go get frozen anyway, but rather use physical might to break free.

which one?
Super Mario Series P&A tabber Can also squeeze through holes smaller than himself

I think the other racers are more-so hurt by the increase in speed ramming into them, similar to how the Bullet Bill and Super Star function
and I mean, every character in that game has shown to be largely unphased when set ablaze
I can compromise with a possibly, but imho we should still mention that him and the other get regularly hurt by fire, even if not outright killed (not always, at least)

That's tragic given the like, 30+ Class K to M feats he has in DKCR/DKCTF (one or two might even be Class G).
Self sus type 1
I agree with it, kinda, but not so much the "underwater" part, given he still needs to breathe in newer titles, implying it's just a game mechanic thing for older titles. I'd make mention he can hold his breath for a very long time tho and can breathe in space.

I think 3-B Base Mario is VERY possible, however, this seems more like a stat amp if anything if generous a possible lifting strength upgrade?

Are we able to add a 3-B key to the profile? I mean, we already know that Power Stars have the ability to increase a user's strength and Mario is stated to grow stronger from Peach's Castle the more Power Stars he collects.
I am pretty sure you fight several bosses using one power star while Mario should have several while still not able to harm them Big Bully, Chill Bully, Chief Chilly, Big Mr. I. or can only affect a weak point Whomp King and Eyerok. You don't even directly harm Bowser at any point and king bob-omb while the first star in the original game in his rematch during the 4th mission of the remake he'll still decide to restart the match if you throw him of the mountain.

As of now the only complaint I can think of that hasn’t been brought up is it doesn’t cover every item but like there’s several hundred and I don’t think one individual should have to do that and have a suggestion for that after we finish here (we don’t even have access to most of gp items in English)

As of now the only complaint I can think of that hasn’t been brought up is it doesn’t cover every item but like there’s several hundred and I don’t think one individual should have to do that and have a suggestion for that after we finish here (we don’t even have access to most of gp items in English)

I think I managed to collect a majority, if not all, of the applicable ones, so I should be good on that front

only thing left would be the Mario vs. Donkey Kong stuff, since everything else has been updated

I know it won't, but I'd rather settle for what we have now than do a dumpster dive throughout every mario game

that can come in a future crt

aight, but to play it safe, I'll wait for more input before requesting

I gotta mofo in mind to pit DK against, so Imma make that thread in the mean time

that'd require intense stretching of my brain, I'll maybe look into it at a later date
I mean not really lol, it's "these characters appeared in these games, meaning they can do shit to these characters"

I just didn't do it cause 3-C is a cringe ass tier

I mean not really lol, it's "these characters appeared in these games, meaning they can do shit to these characters"

I just didn't do it cause 3-C is a cringe ass tier

ehhh, but the guy's only really appeared in the kart games

not any of the other spin-off titles that involve characters getting much more physical with each other (eg. Mario Strikers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back