• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Bros additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Yep, another one of these.

Fawful should get Sound Manipulation for being able to steal Peach's voice at the beginning of the game. Both he and Cackletta should get Camouflage for being able to switch between their bean people disguises and their actual look. Both are in the opening cutscene, and later when Fawful steals the bean star.

Cackletta should get Possession for being able to possess Bowser, Statistics Reduction and Breath Attack as Bowletta. As her soul, she should get Illusion Creation for creating a mirage of Fawful, Non-Corporeal for being Cackletta's soul and Regenerationn (Mid) for being able to regenerate its arms and head.

Fawful should get some form of Intangibility/Phasing for this. He should also get (As Dark Fawful) Healing for being able to fully heal Dark Bowser, and Barrier Creation for creating dark star barriers leading up to Peach's castle.

Elder Princess Shroob should get Invulnerability for when her crown is activated. When it is active, she only takes 1 damage. Her regen seems more like Low-Mid, seeing as it regenerates all of her limbs (tentacles). She should get Smoke Manipulation for covering the battlefield in a purple mist. Her and Bowser should get Vibration Manipulation for creating shockwaves. Also, EPS powering up caused Peach to faint out of fear. This is Fear Manipulation rather than Peach simply being scared, seeing as she hasn't passed out in the face of beings like Dreamy Bowser or both Princess Shroobs. Also, Mario and Luigi did not react whereas they usually react to scary things, and there was thick mist which means that Peach wouldn't have been able to see EPS. Mario and Luigi should get resistance to fear manip without equipment for this. Finally, she should get resistance to Sealing for breaking out of the Cobalt Star used to seal her. Note that she was sealed in the Cobalt Star when it was complete, but Peach immediately shattered the star which separated EPS' power into five different pieces. As explained by Peach, by bringing all 5 pieces together you're bringing EPS back to her full power within the star.

Mallow, Geno and Mario should have resistance to Paralysis Inducement. They're unaffected by Bowyer's arrows which immobilise anyone they hit. Geno should also have Possession, Size Manipulation, Flight and Intangibility for his true form. He possessed a Geno doll at Rose Town and made it around the same size as the other characters. He refers to the doll as his physical form iirc. Also, given that it's a doll possessed by a star, it should get Inorganic Physiology.

One more thing: In a recently evaluated CRT, the OP brought up an interesting argument regarding the Light and Dark Prognosticus. Given how the hero's victory was attributed to defying fate, should the heroes of light (arguably including Luigi) get resistance to Fate Manipulation? Also, Dimentio should get resistance to Mind Manipulation for being able to undo the effects of Natasia's brainwashing.

Antasma should get Resistance to Sleep Manipulation via resisting the dreambeats, and Dreamy Bowser/arguably dream stone users get passive Absorption of someone's dream energy while they sleep. Dreamy Bowser should also get Sleep Manipulation for... obvious reasons. Clear connotations aside, Antasma was able to put over 50 pillos to an eternal sleep with a fraction of the dark stone's power, the dream stone can likely replicate this.

Finally, this has been bugging me for a while. Shouldn't Dimentio and all Pure Heart/Chaos Heart wielders have Infinite speed? The World of Nothing doesn't exactly have any antifeats for being a timeless void; it was explicitly destroyed by the Void which destroys the space-time of all worlds. The only people who moved in it were the heroes who had pure hearts, Dimentio and Mr L who was assisted by Dimentio and found a Pure Heart with a bit of its power left. Furthermore, Dimentio was planning to destroy all of existence and be alive at the end of it to create a perfect world. If he wasn't able to move around in destroyed time, he wouldn't be able to achieve this. I wasn't around for the CRT that removed this, so if there's a good reason why Dimentio at least shouldn't have Infinite speed I'd like to know.

SUMMARY:

Fawful: Sound Manipulation, Camouflage, Phasing, Healing and Forcefield Creation (Latter two for Dark Fawful only)

Cackletta: Statistics Reduction, Breath Attack, Non-Corporeal, Possession, Regenerationn (Mid, latter three for her soul, former two for Bowletta), Camouflage

Elder Princess Shroob: Invulnerability, Smoke Manipulation, Regenerationn (Low-Mid), Fear Manipulation, Resistance to Sealing, Vibration Manipulation (Bowser should get this too, pretty sure some of the Koopalings should too)

Geno: Possession, Size Manipulation, Intangibility, Flight, Inorganic Physiology (Type 1), Resistance to Paralysis Inducement (Mario and Mallow should get this too)

Mario, Bowser, Princess Peach and arguably Luigi and Dimentio (Since Dimentio should have all of Luigi's base abilities): Resistance to Fate Manipulation and Infinite Speed (Count Bleck should get this too)

Resistance to mind manip for Dimentio, Resistance to fear manip for Luigi, Resistance to fire manip for Dry Bowser, Toon Force and/or Existence Erasure for Mario

Sleep Manip + Absorption for Dreamy Bowser, Sleep Resistance for Antasma

Fawful stuff is fine

Cackletta stuff is also fine, except maybe the regen considering you kill it by jumping on its torso a bunch and a mid should be able to survive that. You could maybe rectify that by putting on the regen and saying in weaknesses that she's unable to regen her torso.

As for Elder Shroob, I don't think we consider effects like that invulnerability, considering that Lancer of Red (Karna) doesn't have it for his own thing where he only takes 10% of any damage dealt to him and the conclusions from that other thread. Also disagree with fear manip, because there's no reason she can't just consider Elder Shroob getting stronger scarier than the other shroobs and dreamy bowser is several games later. Other stuff is fine

Super Mario RPG stuff seems fine

Not getting in to the infinite speed stuff. I wasn't around for the thread removing it either and as such lack context.

You kill Cackletta's soul by busting its heart mainly. I think Mid regen covers that, but not all mid regen covers that, so maybe it's just a lower end of Mid regen.

It's 1 damage with every hit, no matter how strong, which implies invulnerability. But I guess Damage Reduction would be the safe middle ground. As for the fear manip, Peach's personality doesn't really change between Partners and Time and Dream Team. There's also the fact that Mario and Luigi didn't react at all despite usually being easily scared (moreso Luigi + the babies)

Fair enough, and thank you for the evaluation

I'm sure there were reasons for getting it removed, but idk those reasons. As of now, I feel like Dimentio + the other top tiers should be infinite

Mario himself should get EE via a mop he uses after beating Wendy's Castle in SMW. He uses said mop to erase said castle.

Shouldn't BJ and a few of the Captains get Attack Negation via the ability from Jr's Journey? If Shy Guys ever get a profile, they also have Attack Negation and Magic Nullification.

It should also be noted, if not already, that at leaat Roy, Bowser Jr., and Bowset have Very High stamina due to being constantly beaten up, shaken, dealing with hundreds of battles in quick successioms, and still managing to fight on. Also, 800+ battles with Bowser in seemingly a row without rest.

Koopalings and I think BJ have forms of increasing their stats as well, with Summoning for a few of them and RNG giving quite a few things to Wendy in particular. BJ also has Shockwave Manipulation with his CQC hammer. There are also several status effects that you eventually heal from with time, so possible resitances?

Jr's Journey did a good amount for the youngsters in Bowser's Army.

Mid Regenerationn is Regenerationn from having your brain destroyed technically speaking; but Cackletta's soul treats the heart as being more important than the brain and not really sure if ghosts/souls have a physical brain. Her heart basically seems to basically be her brain though, but I don't mind if we still consider it Mid Regenerationn but it's at the very least Low-Mid. I prefer Mid though. Pretty sure Mario erasing the castle with a mop is a gag, but it would be Toon Force for sure.

The Infinite speed was rejected due to Void standards often being too vague and inconsistencies. And it was more so that the Prophecy was agreed to be false rather than anyone having resistance to fate manipulation.

The rest seems more or less fine.

A gag feat is still a feat. Also, Wendy is the one in said castle when it gets erased, yet she makes apperances afterwards...

Even if his feat was a gag, she still survived that. Worth a thought. Though it not being attributed to other characters would leave a salty taste in my mouth if Wendy was the only character to have godly regen. Like, yeah, Wendy and the Marioverse get erased and she's the only character to pop back into existence. Just seems super odd. Though, Star Children seem to live really long lives and quite a few seem to be immortal or able to assume an immortal form, so I wouldn't be surprised if some new Mario lore or feats came out soon where they're flat-out shown to be nigh-invulnerable and regenerate after being obliterated or erased from existence. My bet would be on Bowser as somw impressive display of power from a villain in the RPGs, only to find out Bowser always comes back to be a nuisance.

Also, Bowser has turned into Dry Bowser so many times, but has it ever been explained how he grows his skin back? If not, then clearly the sorcery Kamek or BJ can cook up (quite literally in the latter's case) are able to reform skin that's been melted away and/or incinerated. Healing does have its layers, and this would likely be a mid showing of it.

Anything goes for Mario at this ppint. Mario and Luigi have gotten zanier, the main 3D games are embracing new concepts and extravagance that usually comes with pretty nice feats as well as some zaniness, and the spin-offs are always fun for feats and new additions for powers and abilities. I can't wait to see what happens mext. I just need an incredibly BS display of toonforce and magical ability soon to be happy again. That sub-relativistic Giant Bowser punch in BiS + BJ's Journey was so satisfying.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Also, Bowser has turned into Dry Bowser so many times, but has it ever been explained how he grows his skin back?
Actually, it has. The final boss of NSMB DS shows just that.

A sidenote: Dry Bowser is completely immune to Mario's fireballs in the New Super Mario Bros games, so he should get resistance to fire manip methinks

King Boo is pretty hax. Also, the Dark Moon and the Crown Jewel have the same energy effects, color, and everything. Dark Moon also illuminates the stars in the night sky as well as looks to create some new ones, as caredul inspections shows new stars popping up as the wave of energy it releases spreads. Maybe not impressive, but the Dark Moon clearly is treated as very powerful and powered lesser bosses who also mamaged to fight Luigi in similat dimensions like the one King Boo creates.

Also, King Boo and M&L with their badges, items, and euipment are haxxed, but my long reply didn't show up and I'm not gonna be bothered to do it again.

Not really. Although now that you mention it, Antasma should get Resistance to Sleep Manipulation via resisting the dreambeats, and Dreamy Bowser/arguably dream stone users get passive Absorption of someone's dream energy while they sleep.

Dreamy Bowser should also get Sleep Manipulation for... obvious reasons. Clear connotations aside, Antasma was able to put over 50 pillos to an eternal sleep with a fraction of the dark stone's power, the dream stone can likely replicate this.

Sorry for the late reply, everyone. I had finals exams and I just got back. If it's not too much trouble, could you give me about a day before I look up these abilities and determine how legit they are?

@NotAMarioFan Stop bumping mutiple days in a row. Chances are others are busy, not intrested, or have become not intrested as a result of it. Anyway, for the abilities, majority of them are fine. However, Elder Princess Shroob does not have Fear Manipulation. Peach just fainted from pure shock of her transformation. Not out of fear nor does this display any kind of manipulating it. The SPM cast don't have immunity nor resistance to Fate Manipulation either. It's just the typical event and speech where they can choose their own destiny, rather than do whatever a book stated. Infnite Speed for Dimentio has already been turned down.

Ask for Mario wiping the castle out of existence, I would be more comfortable including that ability as long we note that it's associated with Toon Force.

Whenever ur ready to add the abilities just say the word. Even though I dont have the authority over that Haha. But if u need more time I'll continue to bump the thread

The abilities accepted by DRB can be added, yes. Which pages do you need me to unlock?

Preferably write a list to simplify things for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back