• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marble Alien upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marble Alien is currently listed as multi galaxy level but I think he should be multi universe level. This is the script from the movie.

EXT. NEW YORK CITY BLOCK - DAY The LTD is just one of many cars in a jam-packed Manhattan city block.

FROM UP IN THE CLOUDS Manhattan itself is just part of a much larger urban and suburban sprawl.

FROM THE STRATOSPHERE The east coast of the United States is just part of a much larger land mass.

FROM THE EOSPHERE North America is just a small portion of the planet Earth.

FROM SPACE Earth is just a tiny ball in our solar system.

FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE MILKY WAY Our solar system is just a few blips of light in a vast star field.

FROM OUTSIDE OUR GALAXY The Milky Way is just a creamy spiral amid innumerable other creamy spirals.

FROM THE OUTER REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE There seems to be an edge to what we see, a curved border that seems to close in on things around the perimeters, until everything that exists seems to be contained in one tiny ball --

-- which is actually a marble resting on a strange-looking patch of red dirt.

An ALIEN HAND reaches down and flicks the marble, sending it skittering and bouncing across the dirt, where it CLICKS into a dozen other big blue balls just like it.

Not to mention other galaxies were brought up numerous times in the movie and contact between galaxies wouldn't be possible if each galaxy was isolated in its own bubble.

No.

No space-time is involved in the destruction, so Multi-Universe level is out of the question. Multi-Galaxy level is the best bet.

But he was holding marbles containing universes though. He was literally playing with objects that controlled space time

@ToAru Space-time is not explicitly mentioned in the exerpt you provided (also could you please provide a link to the script so we can know if this is a legitamate source) If the description you wrote down actually exists for the movie though I think a 3-A upgrade should be in order however.

I think 3-A is right as what Azathoth puts it. If the marbles contain a universe of their own but no Space-Time is mentioned in anyway, it'd be solid 3-A as like what Azzy, again, said.

Okay according to IMSDb and other sources I've found it seems this script does say what ToAru was describing. Should we upgrade to 3-A since it seems most agree this would fall into that?

Also I believe the OBD calc that made Marble Alien 2.9 quintillion c assumed the marbles were galaxies. So if this upgrade is accepted we should probably take that off, and make a new calc if possible.

Marble Alien can clearly destroy multiple PHYSICAL universes with this description. However this site still considers that as 3-A. Destroying Space-Time as well is considered Multi-Universe.

So besides that does anyone oppose me changing him to 3-A?

Well not just Prom but Ryu and Azathoth as well, Saikou, But yeah it doesn't matter. If space-time is not mentioned or invloved, it's going to be Universe level.

The Universe (stars, galaxies, asteroids, planets, etc.) and time itself are two sepearate things. The description only mentions the universe itself and not time, hence we can only rate it as 3-A.

I believe that is enough support for 3-A from people including several admins. I guess I'll implement those changes.

I guess that makes sense. But why are STTGL and Galactus 2C if they only destroy physical universe?

Galactus's consumption of the Universe involved all of existence which means it also involved time.

STTGL drilled through the fabric of the Universe itself, not just the physical matter of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back