• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maplestory: Problems with Ereve Feat

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So uh, just wanted to say

The calc that we use for Maplestory ratings is really, really off.

It uses this map (which is also crazy outdated, btw) to scale distances, and assumes its length is the circumfrence of the earth. However, we can easily tell that this isn't a complete map of the maple world, especially post-Big Bang, where it seems that there is an entire continent Edelstein is on that extends off of the map instead of wrapping around it.

It also takes all of the distances for-scale on the map, which is bad for a large number of reasons. It's rather obvious the map isn't to-scale for a lot of things, especially since it portrays the continents, as, going off of the pixelscaling, having coasts that have multi-kilometer high cliffs. Looking at the actual map of Ereve also makes considering it the size of a small country as rather odd, as it only encompasses a small town. Nontheless using map scaling for MS is pretty bad.

Even then there's the validity of the feat. I don't remeber seeing a timeframe for the feat, a statement that Cygnus is actively holding the island in the air, anything like that. We also never see her lift it into the air, which is what would give Potential Energy, and without a timeframe for how long that took assuming she did it it makes the calculation useless.

I think we should seriously reconsider the ratings of the verse. I'm currently trying to read up on the lore.

Sorry about the late response, I've been busy and tired.

As for your argument, you're probably right about this.

The problem now is that I constructed all of the profiles based on this calc.

The next largest feat I can remember off the top of my head is the Black Mage restructuring all of Victoria Island while drastically weakened, but that was probably through his general reality warping hax/dominion over creation and destruction.

There's also Black Heaven being able to bombard all of Edelstein, a large metropolis, to smithereens, which was powered entirely by Lotus.

Afrie was able to bring down a giant cavern with telekinesis while fatally wounded and on the verge of being mind controlled.

Kinesis was able to open a giant sinkhole in Seoul that was calculated as City level last I checked. But the calc is old and refusing to load.

At the absolute lowest, the previous Kaiser was able to vaporize a chunk of a bridge along with a small army of Specters with a massive explosion as a suicide attack while fatally poisoned and thus weakened.

@Repp

Thank you for responding, and no problem.

This is just to boot off some revisions of the verse to update it with information from Arcane River, which boosts the verse's power into cosmic levels for at least the Black Mage and endgame players, who in of themselves become fully-fledged transcendent at the end of Tenebris. Now that the English version is out I have confirmation that he was going to completely obliterate the realities of Earth (Kinesis' world), the Maple World, and Grandis and nearly succeeded at that. I'll have scans ready alongside some major power updates due to V skills being introduced. The Black Mage likely also needs a metric ton of hax additions but I need time to gather scans. That said IDK who scales to Arcane River Black Mage outside of the transcendents, as he achieved that level of power through absorbing the power of Grandis' transcendent.

As for early-midgame feats, I feel like Tier 7 is somewhat consistent going off of Kinesis' feat, although I'm still very much in the beginning of analyzing feats.

Back