• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mantis vs Tsuyu - The Prey Fights Back

The students in 1-A groaned as the whole class finally reached the restaurant. Having been put through a brutal training course, most of them worked up quite the appetite. "W-Wow! Authentic Chinese food?!" Uraraka exclaimed as everyone observed the menu, "I've always wanted to try dumplings!" Midoriya eyed the item titled 'Secret Ingredient Soup' with intrigue. "There are all sorts of things I've never had here." he commented. Everyone was forced to wait, however, as Momo ordered her usual extensive meal to fuel her Quirk.

Meanwhile, four of the Furious Five-- plus Po-- made their way to Mr. Ping's shop as they were wont to do after their own merciless training. "...so cool how Mantis just shattered those blades! Like-- WASHAA! KA-SHINK!" Po rambled, "And then Monkey was all like-" "Looks like there's a field trip or something." Crane interrupted, pointing a wing to the shop. "He's right. Lotta business for your dad, at least, but finding a table might be a challenge. I'll wait out here for Viper." Mantis said, climbing up onto a bench nearby.

Deku noticed Tsuyu seemed spacier than usual, waving a hand in front of her face. "Tsuyu? You all right?" he asked, causing the amphibious heroine to snap back to reality. "Mmm... yeah I'm ok, ribbit." she reassured half-heartedly, "I'm just... not hungry right now." she explained before walking out of the restaurant as the kung-fu masters entered. Deku watched her leave before thinking something through then turning to Uraraka. "Hey, Uraraka?" "Hm?" "Do you... do you think Tsuyu eats bugs?" Ochako was obviously taken aback by this. "Wh-what!?" "I mean... she's a frog, right? Or at least has the characteristics of one?" "No, Deku-kun, don't be ridiculous!"

Holding a hand to her head, Tsuyu sat on a bench outside of the restaurant, initially unaware of the far smaller occupant on the other side of it. She suddenly heard a voice pipe up. "Hey, uh, kid? Not tryin' to be rude but do ya think you could find another bench?"

Tsuyu stared down at the praying mantis for a good thirty seconds...

Before her tongue shot out to snatch it up.

Win via KO, incapacitation, or death. SPEED EQUALIZED

Tsuyu's AP: 0.63 tons

Mantis's AP: 0.39 tons

Btw I looked it up just to make sure and frogs do, in fact, eat mantises. Just in case any of y'all were skeptical.

While this look like in favour of Tsuyu, Mantis has small size type 2, which makes him stealthier and honestly speedier since speed is equalized. All he needs to do now is pressure point abuse to defeat Tsuyu. I'll vote for the bug

I don't know much about MHA, but I think Mantis might take this because of his size, manuverability, and piercing damage.

On top of the RA, Mantis is an extremely skilled master martial artist. I'd say he takes this with relative ease.

He may also be getting a few extra boons, as per this thread.

Frog girl fra.

Ooooo boy a KFP character getting a win.

and an uncommon one at that.

And beating a popular anime character

It has indeed not been ╠Â1╠Â7╠ *24 hours, but I'm in school right now so I think I'll just leave it.

Back