• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Manhwa/Light Novel Discussion Thread

ZackMoon1234

VS Battles
Image Helper
blessed.png

Here's a thread where you can recommend and talk about Manhwas and Light Novels.

Necroing this page to talk about the Gosuverse. I'm honestly surprised it's not popular here, and doesn't have profiles at all.
It has all the elements that manhwa readers here would like. It has:
  • Good deal of slice of life-ish fun and comedy, mixed with action and drama.
  • The art is good and clean.
  • The action scenes are extreme, with people creating craters and dismantling landscapes all the time which is a feast for those who like to calc these stuff.
  • Also great speed feats.
  • Martial Arts, Sects, and all that good shit.
  • The Martial Arts even branches out to different kinds of powers and abilities. Like the MC creating a pseudo-black hole and also a vacuum of energy.
  • Soft romance that doesn't really overtake the plot in any way.
  • A revenge story which means it has its fair share of edge.
  • Strong male and female cast.

Necroing this page to talk about the Gosuverse. I'm honestly surprised it's not popular here, and doesn't have profiles at all.
It has all the elements that manhwa readers here would like. It has:
  • Good deal of slice of life-ish fun and comedy, mixed with action and drama.
  • The art is good and clean.
  • The action scenes are extreme, with people creating craters and dismantling landscapes all the time which is a feast for those who like to calc these stuff.
  • Also great speed feats.
  • Martial Arts, Sects, and all that good shit.
  • The Martial Arts even branches out to different kinds of powers and abilities. Like the MC creating a pseudo-black hole and also a vacuum of energy.
  • Soft romance that doesn't really overtake the plot in any way.
  • A revenge story which means it has its fair share of edge.
  • Strong male and female cast.

Also could add the feats from Yongbi since they're in the same Verse

had posted in the wrong thread,thanks the person liked my post and i was able to see it lmao

So i started reading a LN called "The Seven Deadly Sins Master Ruthlessly Shatter Tabboo" and first volume MC have a FTL feat with MFTL+(they claimed that he is able to move/react at femtoseconds) to immensurable(with a skill) hype already for MC,wtf

I dropped it a bit too early when MC switched a body first, kinda disliked the MC and I had a lot more other manhwas to read that was more engaging. Might try to read it again, though.

Is The Beginning After The End counts as a manhwa? It's based on a webnovel written by a Korean, in English however.
It's honestly pretty good, has a different feel than most isekais.
The author of the WN suffered a heart attack over a week ago, however. Recovering right now, but needs rest and time-off.

Is The Beginning After The End counts as a manhwa? It's based on a webnovel written by a Korean, in English however.
It's honestly pretty good, has a different feel than most isekais.
The author of the WN suffered a heart attack over a week ago, however. Recovering right now, but needs rest and time-off.
yes

I read it until 100+ iirc, then I just forgot about it because of irl stuff.
Oof, a heart attack. I hope author can recover.

Can you give me a suggestion about overpower korean novel except sss suicide class Hero,book eating magician, everyone else

Necroing this dead thread to ask a question:

Should I read the manga of Instant Death or should I go straight for the novels?
  • If novels, is there an official translation, or do I have to stomach machine translations?

Novel most definitely for Instant Death. And it has an official English release. Up to volume 5 I think

Any links? And is the manga any good, though?
For the most part, what keeps me away from a lot of light novels is the first person narrative which makes me feel just how much of a chuniibyou cringelords the protagonists are, and the manga format somehow mitigates this.

Any links?
Just the Amazon one

And is the manga any good, though?
Its like most LN adaptation. pretty basic. The art here is... well, kinda bad.

For the most part, what keeps me away from a lot of light novels is the first person narrative which makes me feel just how much of a chuniibyou cringelords the protagonists are, and the manga format somehow mitigates this.
I have the exact same problem. I can't stand first person no matter what. Even if its the best, I wouldn't read it lol.

Overgeared is good manhwa with a good development to Mc and quite powerful verse so i recommend it, also kinda surprised myself to see that this site doesn’t have God Grid profile consider how popular the novel is

Terror Man is another one I would heavily recommend. It's about a guy with precognition who becomes a terrorist in order to save people.

I'll try reading these stories when I have time. I've heard varying things about Overgeared that made me hold off reading it, especially considering how oversaturated the entire genre of it is, I'm already reading Solo Leveling and Omniscient Reader and have dropped the bottom tier stuff like Limit Break and Tutorial Tower.

Oh yeah, definitely extremely oversaturated.

SSS Class Suicide Hunter also falls in that kind of genre, but it's slightly better than the average ones.

Lessa is actually something right next to my reading list.

Weak Hero and Micro Hunter are incredibly underrated, especially the former. These probably won't get attention here as much considering Weak Hero is just full of 10-A/9-C characters, while Micro Hunter are all at the lower ends of 10-C.

My wife is a demon queen

Honestly I wish someone make a page for this series I would love to put Xiang ye in battles. As for right now it’s a mixed bag currently he’s pretty much 7-B but with statements he’s literally 6-B. Also in the prologue he’s casual mountain level with hax.

The strongest Korean one is Lessa - webtoon format. And I heard Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint could reach high into tier 1 but haven't read the novels yet myself.

And I heard Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint could reach high into tier 1 but haven't read the novels yet myself.
Damn I've read the manga but i haven't seen any good feats so far. I thought verse would cap at star level max but if tier 1 stuff is true that would be great.

Damn I've read the manga but i haven't seen any good feats so far. I thought verse would cap at star level max but if tier 1 stuff is true that would be great.
I heard it gets mad later on. Tho I would rather not spoil you.

Also how's the Manhwa going? I stopped reading a few months ago due to lack of time. Has it gotten any better?

Back