• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maltruant Upgrade

So the vs wiki puts maltruant at 9-B, which is really low. If you include hax feats, he is in the low 2-C ranges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRHdNHMPwI8

He is hit with the Anihilaarg, and has salavagable pieces that his time hax can bring back together, as explained at 4:04

He also was able to use his Hax to 2 hit Atomic-X , who the wiki put at low 2-C, and was able to blitz him, along with making clones and rearranging his enemies on the battlefield.

https://youtu.be/xnfocjHhorQ

He is not 9-B, I vote to uprgrade him to low 2-C with hax.

In the future, you're gonna want to make sure to put topics on your thread so people are more likely to see it.

I know nothing about the verse, so that's pretty much all I'm gonna say here. idk if its an outlier or not.

I agree that Maltruant isn't 9-B, but he isn't Low 2-C either.

• He was shattered by the Anihilaarg blast, indicating that he doesn't have the durability to survive Low 2-C attacks. Bringing himself back together with his powers doesn't change this.
  • Harming Atomic-X was an outlier. He also didn't blitz him. He stopped time before they attacked him. Rearranging them while in stopped time has nothing to do with AP, Durability, or Speed.

He'll probably be High 7-A scaling from Rook Blonko, after the Ben 10 revisions are finished.

Okay. When will you have time to finish them?

Liger686 said:
I agree that Maltruant isn't 9-B, but he isn't Low 2-C either.
  • He was shattered by the Anihilaarg blast, indicating that he doesn't have the durability to survive Low 2-C attacks. Bringing himself back together with his powers doesn't change this.
  • Harming Atomic-X was an outlier. He also didn't blitz him. He stopped time before they attacked him. Rearranging them while in stopped time has nothing to do with AP, Durability, or Speed.
I dont see it as an outlier. The main source for the scaling in the wiki came from clockwork, but he easily beat an upgraded clockwork, and he has very little feats to go against this feat. His physical strength is pretty low, but his power using those blast is pretty strong. iirc, he only had like 4 episodes, most of which he didnt fight very often. its hard to determine outliers in that short time. ANd a 7-A charecter would have no atoms left after a low 2-C explosion.

Edit: The reason i think this is a durabillity feat is 3 reasons other than a few pieces survived

A. A piece half the size of bens torso survived

B. The show made it very clear he is somewhat alive at 4:04 in the video clip. They could have said "RIP BOI" and it would literally make no difference, as the showis over and altruant is gone forever in universe, but they made it abundently clear he will come back infinetely

C. keeping point B in mind, this means a conciousness of some sort is still able to manipulate time. therefore, he has a living part of him that is still strong enough to use his power.

And about the him fighting ben and rook, ben and rook are immuned to his time hax do to time travel powers. In the 2nd clip, time is already being frozen when ben and rook arrive, meaning they are defying his time hax.

It doesn't matter how big the pieces were or if he can bring himself back together. If he had Low 2-C durability, he wouldn't have been blown to pieces.

Fighting Atomic-X is a massive outlier. Maltruant may be stronger than Clockwork, but he has no business being infinitely stronger. Clockwork was one shot by a Low 6-B. Rook also survived attacks from Maltruant.

Liger686 said:
It doesn't matter how big the pieces were or if he can bring himself back together. If he had Low 2-C durability, he wouldn't have been blown to pieces.
Fighting Atomic-X is a massive outlier. Maltruant may be stronger than Clockwork, but he has no business being infinitely stronger. Clockwork was one shot by a Low 6-B. Rook also survived attacks from Maltruant.
Again, he is only this strong when he uses time morphing powers. And him and clockwork are the same species, but that does not mean they cant have independent feats. Raditz and broly are the same species, but are no where near eachother in power. And maltruant beat clockwork no dif. Why is comparing him to a guy he beat with ease a good reason to say the only actual feat he shows is an outlier? if you one shot someone, than you dont scale to them, and saying that "He cant be infinitely stronger" doesnt debunk feats, as this kind of thing is seen all the time.

Again, he is only this strong when he uses time morphing powers.

What exactly do you mean by time morphing powers.

Raditz and broly are the same species, but are nowhere near eachother in power.

1. Different verse. No character in Ben 10 is portrayed as infinitely stronger than a member of his own race. The biggest difference is between Spidermonkey and Simian, but still not infinite.
  2. Broly is not infinitely stronger than Raditz so that's a poor example.

Liger686 said:
Again, he is only this strong when he uses time morphing powers.What exactly do you mean by time morphing powers.
Raditz and broly are the same species, but are nowhere near eachother in power.

1. Different verse. No character in Ben 10 is portrayed as infinitely stronger than a member of his own race. The biggest difference is between Spidermonkey and Simian, but still not infinite.
  2. Broly is not infinitely stronger than Raditz so that's a poor example.
When i say time morphing powers, i mean via hax feats. Without hax, i think 9-A to 8-C is accurate, but with hax i think he is way above 5-A. Id also like to note that while all the feats i brought up where both consistent with each other and had large plot importance, you bring up that a charecter that he fodderized while amped "Is not infinitely stronger, becuase it hasnt been done before" Therefor, it cant happen, and if it does, it is an outlier? Saying that instantly fodderizing a charecter in countable time or being connected to a character via species means you cant be infinitely stronger, than them would mean MOST characters above high 3-A would need to be downplayed, as they have been connected to and/or had slight struggle with characters. If there is a rule about this on this wiki, whatever, but i dont think its logical to say that it never happened so this example of it happening is not real. If you can give me a reason its an outlier without bringing up that hes the same species as clockwork, ill easily agree, but i dont see how him and clockwork being the same species means they dont have independence via feats, or how it limits how strong he can get.

Edit: this way of logic easily falls under appeal to ignorance. If you were to see jesus walk on water, you could claim that it was not legit because "ive never seen someone do it before". and if you dont like that example, what about the wright brothers flying, neil armstrong walking on the moon, columbus finding america, are those all fake? i mean we havent had a second moon landing.

And if they arent put in his tier list, at least have the time hax mentioned somewhere like toher charecters do.

If we're gonna put Maltruent Low 2-C with hax for harming Atomic-X, then we might as well put Clockwork to 2-A as he was able to undo the effect of the Chronosapien Time Bomb as that is a 2-A Weapon.

19hmun said:
If we're gonna put Maltruent Low 2-C with hax for harming Atomic-X, then we might as well put Clockwork to 2-A as he was able to undo the effect of the Chronosapien Time Bomb as that is a 2-A Weapon.
He didnt create or destroy anything, and reversing time is not a feat. damaging something is a feat. It doesnt matter if you use hax or magic or abillities, if you can damage something you have the attack potency to damage it. Dr strange uses magic not his brute strength, but he isnt put at 9-C is he? Same with Hit from dbz, but people dont complain there. Going back in time has nothing to do with AP, Dura, Or speed, but shooting laser beams is AP nomatter what how they were made. And besides, every other charecter has mentioned somewhere if there hax can ignore conventional stats, but not maltruant. his time hax are barely mentioned at all. BTW same person, it auto logged me and i already wrote all this.

@M4d3 I know. Clockwork being 2-A was debunked a while ago. Just saying that IF Maltruent was gonna get bumped up for harming Atomic-X with his hax, what's the harm of bringing Clockeork to 2-A?

Back