• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zenin.Maki.full.3743378.jpg
VS
rwby_qrow_by_artofjuu_d9rjxre-fullview.jpg

• SBA
  • 100 Meters
  • Equal Speed
  • Both have prior knowledge
  • Location - Forest
Maki:
Qrow:

I'm not certain I know what Maki scales to, I believe it could be 114.36 Tons of TNT. Though maybe she scales to something higher I cannot find.

Qrow scales to 326.03 Tons of TNT.

Split Soul Katana kind of cuts straight Qrow and his Aura, so that difference isn't all that wouldn't be all that bad.

I refuse to talk about skill, though I refuse to believe Maki is below Qrow in skill. She's either comparable or superior to him.

Even if Qrow has prior knowledge of Maki, what can he do about Soulsplit? And I'm not going to get into a big tyraid about scale, but Maki has much more practical combat training against real people based off what we've seen. That coupled with her completed Heavenly Restriction fully boosting all her senses and regeneration? Yeah, Qrow is finished.

Voting Maki

Split Soul Katana kind of cuts straight Qrow and his Aura, so the difference isn't all that bad.
Also the SSK cuts through many substances to attack the soul, but I don't see why it'd easily cut through Aura which is the soul manifested with him being stronger and the Aura being like a health bar that needs to be chipped away.

I refuse to talk about skill, though I refuse to believe Maki is below Qrow in skill. She's either comparable or superior to him.
He looks to be superior in skill.

Also the SSK cuts through many substances to attack the soul, but I don't see why it'd easily cut through Aura which is the soul manifested with being stronger and the Aura being like a health bar that needs to be chipped away.
Aura does not provide resistance to Soul Manipulation, so no, he is not resisting SSK.

I know Qrow and Maki, no way in hell Qrow is better than her.

Aura has no feats of resisting a blade that cuts through anything.

If you don't see that resistance on Qrow's page, than his Aura cannot stop it.

Aura does not provide resistance to Soul Manipulation, so no, he is not resisting SSK.
That isn't even what I said?

So Aura is the manifestation of their soul but can't block soul attacks?

And again SSK cuts through substances to cut the soul, it does not dura neg spiritual energy like Aura.

I think the issue is that may be even worse. It's still dura neg, it's going to hit Qrow's soul and **** him up, which is even worse because that means he has no aura, which could affect his semblance (I think)

Literally how?
Intelligence: Gifted (Despite his reputation as a frequent alcoholic, Qrow is nevertheless a very capable Huntsmen, able to match Winter Schnee, another professional Huntress and high-ranking Atlas official, in armed combat even while he was inebriated. His skill and power are so great that Mercury Black, a professional assassin was terrified of his presence and immediately fled on sight. Even among his peers, Qrow is a greatly formidable Huntsman, with the likes of James Ironwood and Arthur Watts being wary of his combat prowess and reluctant to engage him in battle. As revealed in RWBY: The Grimm Campaign, Qrow's skills and prowess as a legendary Huntsman is in fact a worldwide, publicly known fact, to the point where Qrow is even seen as a celebrity. He is an excellent marksman, swordsman, and scythe wielder, expertly utilizing what Ozpin describes as "one of the most dangerous weapons known to man". Even when disarmed, he is proficient enough in hand-to-hand combat to fight opponents even as dangerous as Tyrian Callows, despite the latter's status as Salem's assassin and a lethal close-quarters fighter in his own right.

Intelligence: Gifted (Raised by the Zenin family, Maki has a good grasp of all aspects of the jujutsu world. She is often one step ahead of her opponent and can read other people's moves through their personalities. Maki was the one who came up with the Tokyo Team's strategy to counter Aoi's one-track mind and brute strength)

And idk if you're doing it, but a lot of people think Maki's some skill god, she's not, her skill in martial arts is similar to other first grades like Yuji and Todo, her skill in swordplay isn't relevant at all, and her feats considered good are due to her senses in Culling games, besides that she's nothing impressive. Meanwhile just from Qrow's intel section he's known worldwide, gets praise from Ozpin, and is good as Tyrian.

I don't know much about RWBY, but the sections display who's better and I know Maki's skill.

RWBY fans when you tell them that their characters aren't that skilled just because they fought Professor Shitgoggle once and he could match Ironwood, who can match a maiden, who can ma-)
I ain't a rwby fan lmao. But Maki wank is wild.

Anyone better for skill to put her against? Instead of just hearing "SSK gg"
IDK really, you’d probably want someone with a good enough semblance and maybe some ranged options since while most weapons in RWBY’s have gun functions a lot of fighters use CQC which Maki thrives in.

I mean his semblance could prevent it via giving her bad luck by Ampang his semblance

jesus arkenis's jjk hate boner on full display in the replays

Now lets take away any and all bias and actually look at what both of them have in full detail shall we?

maki scales above 114 tons while Qrow scales to 326 tons that gives us a power difference of 2.86 times in Qrows favor however due to maki's low mid and SSK those advantages becomes kinda moot due to her being able to heal from these types of wounds without much issue (sukuna cut her up multiple times throughout the current arc and she keeps on trucking) and the SSK gives her the actual advantage in an upclose and personal encounter.

skill wise they are comperable with maki having a some what more applicable skill set in this fight because the hunters in RWBY aren't exactly killers they specifically hunt grimms and that is where most of their skill set lay but this doesn't mean they are not capable of taking on humans its just that their fights with people tend to be a lot less lethal than ms. heart piercer over here and her more lethal skill set combined with SSK gives her the edge in this fight.

Now for the meat and potatos of this fight, abilities and hax: Starting with Qrow he has 3 main abilities, forcefield aura, Semblance (super luck and low tier probability manipulation) and stat amps through aura which would make the 2.86 AP difference more stacked in his court. However maki's own brand of abilities are a solid counter to all of his, aura force field and AP amp are a questionable move for Qrow due to SSK as some other people have already mentioned aura is the soul of the person being exuded out the body so to speak and against SSK that is a bad move as that thing specifically cuts through souls and through 2 levels of soul resistence too boot (it could cut through sukuna's soul which mahito flat out stated to be "on another level" and sukuna was also able to negate any and all soul fuckery mahito was trying to use) meaning that using the Aura would be a death sentence as Qrow would basically have his soul cut and that is an instant loss but his semblance should actually help out on not being hit long enough to get in a few licks of his own with maki not really having an answer to supernatural luck and unluck being put on her the only thing she could really do against that is her analytical prediction which would at least help her dampen the effects of bad luck on herself and help her catch Qrow when ever there is an opening in the semblance ability.

Overall I'd say maki wins about 7/10 times she has an answer for pretty much all of the abilities that Qrow has other than his probability manip and super luck although she could still dampen the effects of both with her Analytical prediction although again not fully, she has comperable but more lethal skill set and her regen and one tap potential give her the win more often than not.

jesus arkenis's jjk hate boner on full display in the replays
Me when I made numerous pages, have done numerous crt, made the curse energy page all to contribute to the verse's presence on site but still get hit with being a hater
GENoW4aXwAA8gya

Now for the meat and potatos of this fight, abilities and hax: Starting with Qrow he has 3 main abilities, forcefield aura, Semblance (super luck and low tier probability manipulation) and stat amps through aura which would make the 2.86 AP difference more stacked in his court. However maki's own brand of abilities are a solid counter to all of his, aura force field and AP amp are a questionable move for Qrow due to SSK as some other people have already mentioned aura is the soul of the person being exuded out the body so to speak and against SSK that is a bad move as that thing specifically cuts through souls and through 2 levels of soul resistence too boot (it could cut through sukuna's soul which mahito flat out stated to be "on another level" and sukuna was also able to negate any and all soul fuckery mahito was trying to use) meaning that using the Aura would be a death sentence as Qrow would basically have his soul cut and that is an instant loss but his semblance should actually help out on not being hit long enough to get in a few licks of his own with maki not really having an answer to supernatural luck and unluck being put on her the only thing she could really do against that is her analytical prediction which would at least help her dampen the effects of bad luck on herself and help her catch Qrow when ever there is an opening in the semblance ability.
Not how soul layering works, and its not accepted yet. I don't really see how the skill thing matters, his intell section cites him being above others in fighting and also that he's good in weapons. Good argument otherwise, I also think Maki wins more than not.

Me when I made numerous pages, have done numerous crt, made the curse energy page all to contribute to the verse's presence on site but still get hit with being a hater
GENoW4aXwAA8gya
I mean you still are a hater tho
Not how soul layering works, and its not accepted yet.
fair thought it was accepted but still Qrow has 0 soul resistences meaning using aura against SSK is still very much a death sentence
I don't really see how the skill thing matters, his intell section cites him being above others in fighting and also that he's good in weapons. Good argument otherwise, I also think Maki wins more than not.
that literally just saying well he is above this specific fighter in skill and means little

I mean maki utterly embarssed the kukuru unit, the hei and naoya and all of them are professional fighters yet lets be honest their skills are meh and same can be said for the people Qrow scales above, he is a good fighter through demonstrated skill not through just being "above this character" sitation and same goes for maki both have demonstrated solid skills against monsters and humans alike its just that maki is going to go for the kill a lot sooner than Qrow in character hell she was thinking about killing megumi when sukuna began gaining speed and having the willingness to kill of rip is a hell of a boon in an actual fight against a guy who normally tends to hold back on game ending people.

Last edited:
Grace started at knife man (Sir_Sun, Rustyone, Myself, Mizuki, Eldemade, Natio_Desu, and knifeman) so 11:11 tomorrow is end of grace

How fun.

I know the thread is almost over, but still wanna add one thing: Maki tanked 2 Black Flashes from Sukuna and recovered within minutes at most, fine enough to be at peak condition even, which means Qrow can't really take her down unless his semblance pulls something extraordinary

Last edited:
Back