• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Profile Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introductio

Matt was right when he said that MK profiles are bad. They are lacking a lot of major details, so after digging through the lore for over trillions of hours, i stumbled upon a lot of interesting stuff (I just learned some of them, meanwhile i knew the rest waaay before that).

Shang Tsung
Ahhh, the OG Sorcerer of Mortal Kombat and man, he needs some respect.

Immortality and Regenerationn

From his Bio (Which is from Armageddon):

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mka/shangtsung/

In an instant, Raiden's blast destroyed us all! Our souls intertwined, we did battle in the ether. But I was drawn away by a magic more powerful than death. My essence returned to Outworld, where I found myself face to face with Shao Kahn!

He was alive! Quan Chi and I had slain him in his fortress -- or so we thought. Yet here he stood. At his side was the Shokan prince, Goro! My ghostly visage startled them at first, but Shao Kahn knew what had transpired.

Long ago I had pledged my soul to the emperor. That pledge was binding even beyond death. But if he were to die, so too would those who served him. At the time I believed it to be merely another empty vow, yet here I am. My soul has returned from beyond to rejoin Shao Kahn.

We get 2 things from this quote:

1.Shang Tsung has Low-Godly Regenerationn and doesn't need a physica body to fight:

Destruction of his Physical form in MKD couldn't stop him from fighting and definitely didn't kill him. He could still fight on without his Physical body, which brings us to the second point--

2.Shang Tsung and Shao Kah 's goons have a relationship similar to that of Reinhard's and LDO's.

Everyone who has pledged their souls to Shao Kahn, automatically receive Type 8 Immortality (Reliant Immortality). As long as Shao Kahn is alive, they will keep coming back, with the destruction of their physical body being meaningless. There are some downsides to this though.

Shang Tsung and other characters who rely on Souls, lose all of their souls when they come back.

One Being (And a bit of Elder Gods)
Probably the most disappointing Mortal Kombat profile . No Justifications for his hax whatsoever.

Let's fix that.

https://youtu.be/gcSHxZDCukI

One Being's Reality Warping should be no weaker than Shinnok's. Later on One Being Consumes the Elder Gods, completely. One Being was consuming the Elder Gods in the canon too. https://youtu.be/lERlufXjIO4 1:24:38-1:24:56

One Being also possesses Empathic Manipulation.

https://youtu.be/6am9z-H2M8I 1:43 He was influincing and using the emotions of people like Shao Kahn and Onaga to merge itself back together.

One Being is also basically Non-Corporeal. He completely lacks a physical form and exists as an Abstract, just like the Elder Gods. Plus, One Being was stated to be the Embodiment of Magic in his profile and Omnipresent (Like the Elder Gods), this all should give One Being and the Elder Gods Non-Corporeality and Abstract Existence.

One Being gets Empathic Manipulation, Absorption, Soul Manipulation, Dimensional Manipulation (Like any other Reality Warper in MK), Non-Corporeality and Abstract Existence. Elder Gods should also get Non-Corporeality and Abstract Existence.

Onaga
The one true King of Dragons. He just lacks a simple aspect of his being: Immortality and Regenerationn.

https://youtu.be/6am9z-H2M8I 0:42

One Being watched the events unfolded, beyond death, after the complete destruction of his Physical body. Scaling from Shao Kahn, he should receive Type 3 and 4 Immortality, as One Being used them as peons equally and Onaga should be no weaker than Shao in these aspects.

Minor Raiden Changes
The Reel God of Thunder.

Raiden ethereal damage

I have sent this before (It got ignored due to Dark649 being busy), but Raiden's Lightning can deal Ethereal damage, meaning that he can destroy his opponent's mind also.

Onaga, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi resisted the Ethereal damage of this attack (Although QC and ST still lost their physical bodies) giving them resistance to Mind Based Attacks and Raiden the ability to attack Minds.

https://youtu.be/okgVpo-XRNs

Raiden can petrify his opponents (and also has shown the ability to do so in the Old Timeline), giving him Petrification .

So:

Shang Tsung gets Immortality (Type 8, can't truly die as long as Shao Kahn is alive), Low-Godly Regenerationn (The Destruction of his physical body means nothing for him due to his pledge with Shao Kahn), Resistance to Mind based Attacks.

Raide gets Petrification and the ability to damage minds (Can deal Ethereal damage).

Quan Chi gets Resistance to Mind based attacks also.

Additional Weakness: Loses all of the souls he has absorbed when he loses his physical body, coming back in an immensely weaker state).

One Being gets Empathic Manipulation (Controlled Onaga's and Shao Kahn's emotions throughout the series to merge itself back together), Absorption (Can absorb other beings into himself), Soul Manipulation (Can consume the souls of its enemies), Dimensional Manipulation (Scaling from other Reality Warpers, One Being should be no weaker than them in this aspect, if not superior), Non-Corporeal (Completely lacks a physical form) and Abstract Existence (Exists as the Non-Corporeal, Omnipresent Embodiment of Magic ).

Elder Gods get Non-Corporeal (They completely lack a physical form) and Abstract Existence (They exist as Non-Corporeal, Omnipresent entities).

Onaga gets Immortality (Type 3 and 4) and Resistance to Mind based attacks.

Image (8)
Chad Shao Kahn enforcing his Law on the innocent residents of Street Fighter and Tekken.

I think that this seems to make sense, but you should preferably ask any staff members listed in the Knowledgeable Members List and the supporters & neutral sections of the Mortal Kombat verse page to comment here. For example, I think that Dark649 is knowledgeable about this franchise.

@hellbeast1 i covered the Tiers for One Being and the Elder Gods in one of my previous CRTs.

@ant already sent him the thread.

I tried that before, but Mods didn't agree with it. Although i have shown evidence on how the One Being was amping Shao Kahn and Onaga.

Shaolin Monks is not canon to both continuities, so no petrification for Raiden.

Well, if Dark649 thinks that it is okay, I trust his sense of judgement.

I'm not that sure about Shang Tsung immortality/Regenerationn, after his body was destroyed his soul returned to Shao Kahn, who gave him a new host body for his soul to inhabit. Meaning that simply his soul will go to the emperor in Outword after his phisicaly body is destroyed, its not phisical immortality type nor regen. Onaga soul continued to live as Damashi after his death, but he needed Reptile to gain a phisical body.

Okay. That would disqualify the addition, yes.

I have applied them the One Being and Elder Gods, but not to Shang Tsung/Onaga.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Should we close this thread?

The point i was trying to make with Shang Tsung is that he cannot truly die as long as Shao Kahn is alive. I agree with the Regenerationn regarding Shang but i think that his Immortality can stay, he explicitly stated that he cannot die as long as Shao Kahn is alive. You are right about his Regenerationn but i don't see a reason why his Immortality can't stay. He even continued to fight as a Soul before Shao Kahn pulled him into the Outworld.

I didn't try to get Onaga's regen upgraded, i was just trying to get his Immortality boosted. His Immortality should be the same as Shao Kahn's due to both of their Nature.

I only know that if his physical body is destroyed, his soul will return to Shao Kahn, but did not said that his soul can be absorbed/destroyed in the process of returning. Onaga has not Regenerationn for type 3 nor a deity protection like Kahn, its because Onaga had to act a plan to get a physical body while Kahn returned after Liu Kang destroyed him.

In an instant, Raiden's blast destroyed us all! Our souls intertwined, we did battle in the ether. But I was drawn away by a magic more powerful than death. My essence returned to Outworld, where I found myself face to face with Shao Kahn!

He was alive! Quan Chi and I had slain him in his fortress -- or so we thought. Yet here he stood. At his side was the Shokan prince, Goro! My ghostly visage startled them at first, but Shao Kahn knew what had transpired.

Long ago I had pledged my soul to the emperor. That pledge was binding even beyond death. But if he were to die, so too would those who served him. At the time I believed it to be merely another empty vow, yet here I am. My soul has returned from beyond to rejoin Shao Kahn.

I am pretty sure this would count as Type 4 and Type 8.

Basically his soul went to Outword rather than the Netherrealm, his soul was not destroyed so Kahn made a host body for him. If Kahn dies this does not apply anymore also there is Mileena, who was killed in the original timeline and that did not stopped her from returning.

Umm?

8: Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.

Shang Tsung couldn't die due to his pledge with Shao Kahn, not that he can recover from his body getting destroyed completely on his own at least.

Also do you agree with Necromancy for Onaga?

Added, we don't know if Raiden attack can destroy souls to prove that Kahn can bring those that had their souls destroyed. In MK souls goes to a realm once they die or gets absorbed by a sorcerer or remains in one place [seen in kenshi story].

Azathoth dreams Yog-Sothoth into existence, a High 1-A being, whereas the One Being only dreams a regular universe, if I understand correctly.

Pretty much that. Although we do know that some higher planes of existence + Quantum Mechanics exist within Mortal Kombat, it still isn't anywhere near Azathoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back