• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MAJOR Luther Strode Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, look at me making a revision/respect thread for someone not inFAMOUS related. World must be coming to an end.

So I noticed that Luther's page is looking a little bare here, so I came with a few things that could give him a boost.

Luther Strode was once an average high school nerd. Scrawny, weak and overall unimpressive. Wanting to rectify this so he could protect his loved ones, Luther orders a self-help book titled "The Hercules Method." After a grueling amount of training, Luther discovers that he not only is in tip top shape, but he has also unlocked he hidden abilities of the human body, and has developed super powers! But with these new powers comes great consequence, and he is now is the target of several mysterious and powerful forces.

Tier: High 8-C, possibly 8-B

Name:
Luther Strode

Origin: Image Comics

Origin: Image Comics

Classification: Human, Chosen

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1), Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Enhanced Senses, Pseudo-Precognition (Advanced Probability), Expert Marksman, Poison Resistance, Adept Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Resistance to Pressure Point Attacks, Meat Vision, Minor Body Manipulation, Berserk Mode, Rage Empowerment

Attack Potency: Large Building level+, possibly City Block level

•WARNING: Some scans may contain graphic content•

When his powers first awoke, Luther casually broke a mans jaw with one punch

Traded blows with The Librarian, who casually punched through a reinforced battleship door, which are meant to withstand high pressures and explosions.

Casually tore through a wooden door to grab a man and drag him through it. Proceeds to slam him into a wall hard enough to crack it and beat him into unconsciousness

Easily breaks through metal chains and punch a wooden board hard enough for it to shatter into tiny splinters

Luther's fight with The Libraria brought down an entire warehouse, notice the waves that form in the water from the building collapsing

Basically liquified a mans skull, while he was hiding behind a wooden door

Throws a man-hole cover with so much force that it cut a mans head in half and destroys the side of a va

Throws a van through a wall

Casually cuts two men wearing body armor in half, with his bare hands

Easily tears through a wall

Throws a body a large distance and through a wall

Slams Jack the Ripper into a stone floor so hard that he creates a massive crater

Breaks out of special chains that were specifically made to restrain Chosen like himself

While restrained inside of a police van, managed to flip it over and caused a major accident

Fought a woman who could could cause asphalt to ripple like water just by punching it, while holding back

Slams a person through a concrete highway divider and into a truck, sending it off a cliff, while holding back

With a simple kick, cleared out a huge amount of snow

Lifts a tree with one hand and uses it as a weapon against another Chose

Matched Cain (yes, the one from the Bible), who is the founder of the Hercules Method, and who broke out of the Special Chains with no effort whatsoever

His punches can create shockwaves and sonic booms

Matched Cain, who did this

His clash with Cain caused the ground underneath them to ripple like water

Speed: Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic

Casually parkours around a city

Disarmed a man and disassembled his gun faster than he could react

Raced across a city, however the exact distance is unknown, but it should still give you an idea of how fast he is.

Could keep up with The Librarian, who casually dodged a bullet from close distance

Claims he could dance in between bullets (claim obviously has merit)

Ran through a hail of gunfire and wasn't hit once. Casually caught a sneak attack

Runs through a hail of gunfire from multiple angles and isn't hit once, notice how the bodies behind him are still falling as he moves.

Uses a body to block sniper fire from behind

While still feeling the effects of a neurotoxin, almost manages to catch up to a speeding car

Could tag Jack the Ripper, who casually did this and who could make sonic booms while moving

Jack could make afterimages with his punches, while not even looking because his neck had been twisted 180 degrees

Jack could also dodge and deflect bullets with his knives from point blank range, while playing around

Luther can move so fast that he not only creates a sonic boom, but he tears up the ground beneath him, while not even touching it

Threw a piece of metal to block a bullet mid flight

http://viewcomic.com/legacy-of-luther-strode-003-2015/

^In this issue, Luther keeps up with a gunslinger Chosen, who can shoot bullets from a high power sniper rifle out of the air

http://viewcomic.com/legacy-of-luther-strode-005-2016/

^In this issue, he keeps up with 4 different Chosen, who use different styles, and who should be comparable to him

Creates a sonic boom

Durability: Large Building level+, possibly City Block level

Bullets don't even go through him, they just get stuck in his muscles

When a normal man punched Luther, he hurt his hand

The Librarian punched Luther through a counter, still manages to get up and fight

Gets knocked around floors and walls and still managed to keep fighting, is eventually knocked out though

Could tank blows from the Librarian, who punches through reinforced steel like nothing (See earlier feat)

Survived an entire warehouse collapsing on him (See earlier feat)

Survived a building busting explosio

Slams into asphalt hard enough for it to ripple like water, and only shows mild discomfort

Gets punched through numerous trees and gets up like it's nothing

Has taken blows from Chosen with strength equal to or even greater than his own (See feats above)

Striking Strength: Class GJ

(See feats above)

Lifting Strength: at least Class 5

Casually lifted 2 full grown men and slammed their heads together, knocking them out

Threw a van (See feats above)

Should be superior to The Librarian, who could casually bend steel

Lifted a tree and swung it around (See feats above)

Abilities:

Pseudo-Precognition
or Accelerated Probability

It's a common misconception that Luther has precognition like Spider-Man. It is is more like Luther reads his opponent and uses their body language and probability to predict their movements.

Catches a dish

Predicts a bully's movements

The Librarian stated he could see a 1000 moves ahead of an opponent, may be hyperbole, but could hold merit.

Uses this to predict The Librarians movements

Can be used against multiple opponents and other Chose

Luther has become so proficient with this ability that he can use it against other Chosen, and can make them see what he wants them to.

Healing Factor:

I see that on this wiki Luther has low-mid Regenerationn. That is incorrect. His Regenerationn should be at mid-low for multiple reasons:

Chosen still consider guns a serious threat

The Librarian was unable to regrow his arm or his eye after they got ripped off

The Gardener died after his heart got ripped out

Another Chosen died when his brain was destroyed

Cain, the strongest Chosen in history, dies when his head is destroyed

But that doesn't mean that Luther doesn't have any impressive healing feats:

Has been shot and stabbed numerous times and heals from the wounds in a few seconds (See feats, happens numerous times in the series)

Has his head partially crushed and arms popped out of the joints and proceeds to just pop them back in and fight o

Gets disembowled, uses his intestines to grab The Librarian and snap his neck, and then heals the wound

Fights with two knives in his chest like nothing

Gets his throats ripped out heals from it in a few seconds

Willingly gets shot dozens of times, still manages to overpower Cai

So, while his healing factor may not be on Wolverine's level, Luther can still take a huge amount of damage and still keep kicking. As long as his heart and brain are intact, he can survive

Should scale to The Librarian and Jack the Ripper, who can casually heal from snapped necks

Longevity:

Luther is basically immortal:

Cain, The Binder, The Librarian, and Jack the Ripper have lived for millennia and have not shown any signs of aging (Think of the time Cain is supposed to be from)

Cain and Jack the Riper were Bound for centuries and went without food, water and most likely air in Jack's case

Luther went for an extended period of time inside of a coffin with no negative effects whatsoever

There are plenty of other Chosen who have lived for centuries and have not aged

So, Luther can live for a super long time and not age, and most likely doesn't need food, water and most likely air.

Meat Vision

This is a rather odd and unique ability that Chosen have. It is sort of a pseudo X-Ray vision

Official explanation of his powers

Can use this ability to see the muscles and tendons of a perso He can use this ability to see any weakness in a persons body. Can also use it to see bones and organs and such.

Does it agai

Has used this ability numerous times throughout the series.

Minor Body Manipulation

Through the use of the Hercules Method, Luther has unlocked the ability to have absolute control over his body.

Pushed bullets out of his body (See feats above)

Commanded his intestines back into his body (See feats above)

Loosens a tooth so he can use it as a bullet, proceeds to flex knives out of his body

Can harden his muscles to catch knives and bullets

Trapped Jack the Ripper by catching his hands in his muscles

Luther can control his muscles so that they can push out foreign objects or harden to catch things. Can also increase durability like this.

Enhanced Senses

Could sense or hear Petra as she was sneaking into his building

Could sense or hear an oncoming sneak attack

Could hear the heartbeats of numerous people hidden inside of a mall

Expert aim should tell you how good his eyesight is

Poison Resistance

Was hit by knives coated in a neurotoxin designed to take down Chose fought it off in a short amount of time

Expert Marksma

Punched a piece of wood mid air so that it broke into tiny splinters, and directed them at The Librarian. (See feats above)

Threw pieces of beef jerky accurately into the barrels of two guns, from a good distance away

Threw two knives into The Binders eyes, while not even looking

Adept Hand-to-Hand Combatant

Has fought with Chosen who are seasoned warriors from different time periods and different parts of the world.

Has experience with fighting against different weapons and different fighting styles

Was stated by his friend to use a "weird kind of King-Fu"

Is still mostly self trained

Resistance to Pressure Point Attacks

Luther has shrugged off the effects of pressure point attacks from the likes of The Librarian, The Binder and Jack the Ripper

Berserk Mode and Rage Empowerment

This is signified by his eyes turning red and black.

He can either fall into a cold, murderous rage and slaughter everyone he sees, or he can becomes stronger and faster

Also becomes a better fighter (Matched The Librarian, even though he was shown to be a superior fighter not even a few seconds ago)

This can also improve his Accelerated Probability

Used this in his fight against The Librarian (Managed to close the gap in power and skill between them)

Weaknesses

As aforementioned, is mostly self trained. Has no real combat training.

Destroying his heart or brain will kill him instantly

Used to fall into fits of uncontrollable murderous rage -Solved this by the end of the second volume

Now is extremely hesitant to kill, will try to talk opponents down -Has worked on a few opponents -Will kill if an opponent is too dangerous to live or if pushed far enough

Muscle control can be messed up by neurotoxins and electricity -The Binder used a taser against him, it was extremely effective

Accelerated Probability can be overwhelmed if an opponent is too fast or more skilled than Luther -Can overcome this if pushed far enough

Well, tell me what you think.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Could this also bring about several Luther Strode character pages?
Hmm, the only ones who I could think of, at the top of my head anyways, who can have pages are Strode, Jack the Ripper, The Librarian and possibly Cain, since he punked both Luther and Deliah.

But other than that, everything seems rad and well-organized.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Though maybe we could add The Binder and maybe The Gardener? They were able to compete with Luther.

If we do add Cain, we should probably give him the higher stats (City-Block, Hypersonic), since he was able to punk Luther when he had the help of Deliah and Petra. He also completely fodderized Musashi just by breaking out of his chains. The Librarian has stated that if Cain had gone after Luther, there wouldn't be much of a city left. Clearly a hyperbole, but it should still show how dangerous Cain was.

Thanks bro.

Ooh yeeeah, them too now.

And yeah, those higher stats for Cain should be very reasonable enough considering he's, more or less, the top tier of the verse, considering Luther's reaction to him breaking out of his chains despite him doing the same type of feat.

And np, np

Anyone have any ideas how the new pages would look like for the new characters if this is approved? I'd imagine Jack would get the lower AP but the higher speed considering he was one of the fastes in the series.

That seems about right tbh since Jack has been consistently below Luther's strength level yet one-ups him in speed though when he's in The Urge, his speed and AP should be bumped up a bit due to him ragdolling Luther.

Well, you have assembled a good list of feats, but I personally do not find most of them to be above Small Building level, with the explosion at Building level.

I am uncertain about the speed. Your estimates seem reasonable, but it is always better to get the best feats calculated.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Should we make 2 keys for Jack? One with The Urge and one without? Or would that be too much?
Naah, I think that's fine enough really seeing as how Urge! Jack is above his base form.

Sorry for the late rep as well, was almost out for the whole day yesterday

Oh and also, this is just me, but I think the best speed feat to be calculated is Librarian dodging that magnum shot in close range. Should yield some nice results if you ask me really

It's cool, I understand.

That sounds like a good idea

I think the magnum feat and the Jack reflecting a bullet from point blank distance should put these guys at a decent speed. Maybe even Luther's charge at Jack in their final fight. The Gunner's feat could be calculated as well. Of course, there's the fact that these guys create sonic booms by moving.

Which feats should be calc'd for AP?

Phew, good to hear.

And yeah, though, do think Jack's feat should yield a bit higher considering the range between him and Petra. Ooh, those could get some results too as well. And yeah, atleast casually Supersonic if you ask me.

There's also this too: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-haX1s42ZmjE/VfDwZXR7N4I/AAAAAAAPuuk/k0W5OyCYs50/s1600/98_16.jpg

Where the Gunner dodged that shot from Petra though it could be aimdodging tbh.

Side note: Petra is friggin amazing in that issue tbh~

Hmm, the best one is most likely the Luther/Librarian Warehouse Collapse. The ground-rippling feats seem.. hard to calc in all honesty but not sure.

Yeah, casually supersonic sounds fair.

I think it's more he moved to fast for her to react, but eh.

>implying Petra isn't great in every issue

What would the ripple effect even count as? It's not fragmentation, but what?

Well, there is no guarantee that somebody from the calc group will be interested in performing the calculations.

Well, in lack of better options, I suppose that Building level (or Small Building level, in case he did not withstand the explosion point blank) attack potency and durability seem reasonable, along with your estimates for his speed and durability, as well as adding the listed abilities.

Alright, so I should put in Small Building, likely Building level for AP, and Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic for speed?

"At least Small Building level, possibly Building level" and "At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic", I think.

Okay. Thanks. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back