• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major FF III revisions

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Cloud of Darkness

Classification: The emissary of the Void

Infinite speed:

Why?

1) Natural born in a timeless space (the Void).

2) The darkness she commands/is made of literally timestoped the world when it was released before the events of the main game happened.

More things to be considered: nonexistent nature (pretty much like any DA digimon). This would be related to the XIV CoD. But since we accepted XIV exdeath for his V counterpart.. this should be solid.

Quoting the FF wiki:

In the twilight of his reign, the first and last emperor of Allag, Xande, desired power above all else. He turned to the terrible being known as the Cloud of Darkness, a ruler of the void, and asked of her strength to make the world kneel before his throne with a covenant of blood.

When Xande was slain, his ambitions were laid to rest alongside him. Yet the Cloud of Darkness still seeks to enter the material realm, and will soon find passage through the Voidgate set to manifest within Syrcus Tower. With the fiend's coming, can the fellowship of NOAH brave the void and rescue the three souls able to stem the Cloud's flood of shadows, or will the expedition itself vanish beyond the rift in the World of Darkness?

What does this mean? CoD comes from a void. A place different from the material realm, it was not born in the material real. CoD is made of nothingness. This pretty much backs up the fact that its made of "darkness" in the III game, said darkness comes from "The Void" as that's what the CoD plans to return the world to.

Next:

The main cast: for keys:.

Resistance to timestop (ribbon)

Resistance to status effects (ribbon)

Resistance to transmutation (ribbon)

Resistance to Death manipulation (protecting ring)

Specifically for their 2-C key:

Resistance to Existence Erasure: the CoD would release the darkness upon the world to destroy it, same darkness that belongs to the World of Darkness, a place these guys can walk through.

Also it should be noted that they can affect nonexistent beings with their abilities (World of Darkness inhabitants, basically). And here we go with the last thing....

Infinite speed for their last key scaling from the Warriors of Darkness, who are their WoD counterparts (even their AP is scaled to them, so why not their speed?).

Well. Im copypasting stuff... maybe I can get it all here: This has been approved.

Refia, Luneth, Arc (Final Fantasy III), Ingus (Final Fantasy III)

And then we have Bahamut (Final Fantasy) who, in their III key scale to being > Medusa.

Okay, Bahamut stomps the main cast in canon during their first encounter (more like they have to flee because the dragon is too strong) and after the cast has been powered by 3 of the four crystals they can take on the beast.

I suggest the creation of an additional key for these four: "With the wind's crystal blessing", which would be their High 6-A rating (at this moment the cast is already > Medusa) and for their second key "with the four crystal's blessing", which would be 2-C. We could add an intermediate key "with the wind, water and fire crystal's blessing", which would scale to "At least High 6-A" from bahamut.

Also, I'd like to add all the relevant abilities the main cast have with their jobs. I feel the profiles need a clean up.

New Keys:

Wind crystal's blessing | Three crystal's blessing | Four crystal's blessing

High 6-A (stronger than Medusa) | At least High 6-A (stronger than Bahamut) | 2-C (current)

Dark knights:

The dark blades they wield are effective against monsters that divide and multiply. Monsters with the ability to divide will create a clone after hit with any conventional weapon that's not a dark blade (i.e an axe) or magic (probably for balancing purposes and not force you to "add a dark knight or flee" situation).

Since the mechanism of this ability is completely reactionary and based on damage, one could argue that's Regenerationn, because, well, you cut an enemy in half, and that enemy turns into 2 copies of it. However, as there is no direct statement that I know of besides "monsters of the Dark cave cannot be killed with normal weapons, as they will multiply endlessly"... I dont know if this qualifies as regen or not. Note that the ability to sprout clones is activated even if you hit them with an attack potent enough to oneshot, iirc.

Most of the enemies can be found in this dungeo

Question: is this especific powernull? or anti-regen based powernull?

Antvasima said:
It is usually better to use the Knowledgeable Members List than to highlight this kind of thread.
FF III is obscure even in that list. It isnt listed in it. I already asked the FF conventional experts for their approval in the last thread, still, its barely 4 people at most.

This is a major revision, I'd like more input, but okay.

Kasyacarey said:
I agree but doesn't ribbon protect you from death too?
Nope, ribbon protects from status ailments, instant-death effects are treated differently. Only the protecting ring and maybe a shield that Im forgetting right now can prevent insta-death.

I asked Repp his input for the other thread (I linked it below).

Sounds good to me, but you should definitely wait for others to give input before implementing anything.

So looking at this, this is basically almost 1 to 1 the Dark Area from Digimon (hence why I guess you wanted me to comment. Aside from the blatant title of the message on my wall). I'm assuming destroying the worlds means returning it to nothingness. If so, this all looks fine along with an added Type 5 Immortality for the natural inhabitants.

@Dragon

Yes, destroying worlds = returnig it to nothingness (The Void)

Exdeath does the same thing.

We dont have profiles for natural inhabitants besides CoD.

Ribbon stuff is fine.

Infinite speed feels... iffy. On one hand, she is the void. On the other hand, the other characters have no problems fighting her despite being normally bound by time. I'm not horribly against this, but there's room for skepticism.

Ability to affect nonexistent beings should be fine and I'm mostly okay with the resistance to Existence Erasure stuff.

Im not suggesting infinite speed scaling to CoD, but to the Warriors of Darkness, to whom they should be equal. But I understand the skepticism.

If this part doesnt get accepted I can get behind Infinite speed CoD with thr cast keeping up with her being an outlier, really.

Well, in this case, would "possibly infinite speed" be an accurate rating, given that they should be infinite?

Can I start applying the changes to the main cast?

Well then, I guess I can start applying the changes now?

Is anyone willing to unlock the pages for me? please?

Btw, I was planning on adding Timestop to her profile as the darkness stopped time the first time it was released (I thought it was already in her profile tbh).

Im currently on my mobile, and as the party's edits will be quite extensive I will not be able to edit them until I get a PC, sorry. CoD's profile is okay now, I believe.

Tho, I believe we could add Darkness Manipulation to her profile for obvious reasons.

It's something minor, really.

Sure, I doubt anyone's going to mess with them, so take your time.

I'll add the Darkness Manipulation in the meantime.

Luneth

I think I'm finished with Luneth

@Repp if you could check his profile, and tell me if you think its fine, I will proceed to edit the others.

Back