• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Majin Buu vs. Popeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling about this. Oh well. Both are in-character yet willing to kill. Fight starts on an open field. Win conditions: Death, KO, incapacitation, or BFR.

Round 1: Both start in base form but can achieve their better forms with their respective methods

Round 2: Spinach'd Popeye vs. Kid Buu

Round 3: Spinach'd Popeye vs. Buuhan

I wouldn't make this thread if I had any idea who wins, so begin!

Round 1: Popeye with no spinach can't do jack, he was trapped by concrete in one episode so Buu wins even in his weakest (Kid Buu) form

Round 2/3: Popeye has plot and time manipulation so I don't think Buu has the needed hax

In a purely physical fight I'd go with Buu all rounds

I dunno about plot manipulation. He's broken the fourth wall quite a lot but that really isn't an unbeatable attack.

I'm pretty sure Popeye punched Bluto around the world in base form, but even if that's true that's not much to Buu.

1: buu stomps

2: I don't know

3: Buu. And if he can't beat Popeye, he absorb him and become Buupeye

Kid Buu is not the weakest Buu form. Fat Buu, and Gray Buu are weaker, and base Super Buu is maybe only slightly stronger. Anyway Buu stomps round 1, Popeye wins rounds 2 and 3.

Valar Melkor 2 said:
Kid Buu is not the weakest Buu form. Fat Buu, and Gray Buu are weaker, and base Super Buu is maybe only slightly stronger. Anyway Buu stomps round 1, Popeye wins rounds 1 and 2.
Pretty sure Fat Buu is the second strongest, with Super Buu basically being Fat Buu but with less personality inhibiting him. Fat Buu can do a lot of damage, but he's too childish to go all-out.

@LordXcano

Not really. Fat Buu was getting thrashed around by SSJ3 Goku, but Goku was afraid that Super Buu would kill him. Plus, Kid Buu was easily beating up Fat Buu.

Pretty sure Fat Buu is the second strongest, with Super Buu basically being Fat Buu but with less personality inhibiting him. Fat Buu can do a lot of damage, but he's too childish to go all-out.

Fat Buu was defeated by Kid Buu easily when Goku was making Spirit Bomb. So no, Fat Buu is weakest.

Unrelated to this thread, but I'd like to point out to everyone that level of power for Buu goes:

Buuhan

Buutenks

Super Buu >> SSJ3 Goku

Kid Buu = SSJ3

Grey Buu

Fat Buu

Fat Buu was specifically weakened by having so much good in him, hence why Super Buu, who was made up of the same components but with pure evil in control, was so vastly superior.

I think it goes like this: Weakest to strongest Buu

Good Buu<Grey Buu=<Kid Buu<FatBuu=<SuperBuu<Buuccolo<Buutenks<Buuhan

I think that Grey buu and Kid Buu may be equal to how easily they defeated Good Buu and since Grey Buu is made out of Fat buu's anger (What I'm saying is that Grey buu might be kid Buu just in another Form, Grey Buu is probably an old version of kid buu before he transformed into Fat Buu from millions of years ago). Fat Buu is only stronger than Kid buu when he is mad (one of the guys he absorbed did not weaken him it seems that they just made him calm and not able to go 100%). I see Fat Buu being equal to Super Buu or slightly weaker because he was never fighting seriously vs ssj 3 Goku

The Everlasting said:
@LordXcano
Not really. Fat Buu was getting thrashed around by SSJ3 Goku, but Goku was afraid that Super Buu would kill him. Plus, Kid Buu was easily beating up Fat Buu.
The Fat buu kid buu was fighting was good buu who was a hell of lot weaker than fat buu. Fat buu is the combination of kidbuu and the supreme kai he absorbed. He never could go all out because the conflict of personality between the elder kai and kid buu cause a huge personality spilt. As the buu tankins go goku even stated he could beat kid buu as a super saiyan 3 he just couldn't keep the following going long enough to do it.

Scaling the powers from numbers it would look like this (not using ssj multipliers here):

Although not needed I'll add a few other characters just to compare

Ssj 2 Gohan (kid Gohan):0.8

Super perfect Cell:0.8

ssj 2 Teen Gohan:0.6 (7 years of no training made him much weaker)

ssj2 Goku:1

Ssj2 Vegeta 0.9

Ssj 2 Majin Vegeta:1

Good Buu:2

Grey buu:8

Kid buu:8

ssj 3Goku (max power):9

Fat buu:7 - 11 (He could be a 12 but it seems that the kai is restricting him from going full power)

Super Buu:12 (yes I know 2+8 = 10 but I think Super buu got a bonus increase due to his evil counter part being dominant)

Buuccolo:12.1 (Yes i think that Piccolo is only 0.1 which is 5% of Good buu's Power)

Buutenks:24.5 (Gotenks is 12.4 and combined with Piccolo which is 0.1)

Buuhan:28.1 (Gotenks defused before Buu absorbed Gohan which is a 16 in my list and Piccolo is 0.1, both Goten and Trunks are much weaker than Piccolo combined in their base which does not make much of a difference)

Buuhan (If Gotenks was still fused as ssj3 within Buu's Body):42.5 (this is potentially the strongest from of Buu if Buutenks absorbed Gohan before his fusion ran out of time)

Base Vegito:15 (it did not seem that Buuhan really went full power in his fight with vegito)

Ssj Vegito: 250

The thread's getting off topic and this information isn't really relevant.

Promestein said:
The thread's getting off topic and this information isn't really relevant.
I know but I just wanted to make a scale of how strong the Buu's are but yeah you are correct about us being off topic XD

R1: Buu rapes.

R2 & 3: Pop rapes.

Spinached Popeye kicked PCS's ass. Seriously.

Also, I've heard that he busted Fleichverse with one punch. That is a multiverse-busting punch, from what the guy said to me.

from what i got from the feats list the sailor murderstomps him casually.

- his punches cross the time reality and turn his enemy to an infant

- his punches re-arrange the entire stars on the nightsky

- he comes back from the dead

- high leve mindtwist hypnosis

dafuq

Oh, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man. I'm strong to the finich Cause I eats me spinach. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.

This much toon force, Popeye wins rounds 2 and 3 hands down, and probably round 1 as well because Fat Buu is too stupid to stop the powerup and would probably laugh at the funny bald man before he turns godlike.

Round 1: Curbstomp in one or the other's favor, probability advantage Popeye

Round 2: Popeye, extremely casual diff.

Round 3: Popeye, extremely casual diff.

Popeye is essentially a gag character who is not meant to be taken seriously.I grew up with popeye and know he will be weak or strong when the writers want him to

Why not? Sure, his source material is funny, but his feats aren't that different from any other characters'.

WarriorWare said:
Why not? Sure, his source material is funny, but his feats aren't that different from any other characters'.
Popeye's Toon-force stomps. A better match up would be Arale Vs. Popeye... considering that Arale can do this

Arale V Sun
Looney Tunes lvl Toon-force

WarriorWare said:
Not really I remember this episode where spinached popeye fought a spinached mosquito and it ended in a draw and the only damage caused was to the dumpster where they fought.His feats are too inconsistent

Xali990 said:
WarriorWare said:
Not really I remember this episode where spinached popeye fought a spinached mosquito and it ended in a draw and the only damage caused was to the dumpster where they fought.His feats are too inconsistent
I do have to agree with this. Consitancy is the greatest weakness to toon force users, including Popeye. It all depends on the consistancy of the scene. Being able to, say, take a bite out of the sun, ala Eddy, doesn't mean that a low 9-C can't whip your butt, ala the Kankers.

Some of the more meta writers might even say their toon force only works in non-serious situations, though I doubt most would put it so bluntly.

Still, I'm going to assume this kind of thing means "at their shown peak", which for toon force users can be QUITE high up there. In this case, Popeye stomps. I'm in favor of closing this as an easy win for Popeye.

Popeye stomps via better everything except for speed, but even then Popeye's far higher level of regen makes up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back