• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mahou Sensei Negima Speed revisions

Some issues with some speed stats that I see

MHS+: There's no proof that Evangeline's ice-lightning moves are real lightning and they aren't in accordance with the Lightning Dodging Feats. even if we consider them true lightning, the way he dodge them wouldn't reach lightning speed.

Sub-Rel: An outlier. this calc assumes high-end with arbitrary timeframes. Becomes even more of an outlier if MHS+ is removed. this is both inconsistent and an outlier.

Lightning spells in Negima has been consistent with the actual speed of lightning, making a lot of them Massively Hypersonic+; indeed one of them caught up to and trapped a character that was moving as MHS+ speeds.

Indeed, Jack already has plenty of feats of fighting MHS+ characters, so his rating should stick.

In fact the only attack that has taken Jack by surprise in UQ Holder! is an attack that moves at the speed of light.

EDIT: If it helps, I have been rereading Negima since the beginning and I've gotten started making new profiles for all of the characters. When it comes to revising Jack's profile, I will handle that and provide new justifications.

Nothing in Negima suggests that the spells are real lightning to my knowledge. If they are, I'd appreciate scans.

Here is Negi doing a lightning spell early on in the series. I don't know about you but this definitely looks like real lightning to me.

Two things:

1. While I do agree that some lightning spells are real lightning, not all of them are.

2. Dodging lightning can have varying speeds.which is why it should be calc'd.

Well, as I've said I'm revising the series from the very beginning and I've already had several new calcs made for the early series.

As I make more profiles I will be getting caught up to Jack Rakan and can revise his speed.

EDIT: I don't think the mentioned feats / calc in the OP is an outlier.

Negi, at the time of first developing his Thunder in Heaven form (that transforms him into lightning) was Massively Hypersonic, being able to move at 150km/s (Mach 437).

Jack was able to react to that and counter him several times.

On top of that after Negi got about half a dozen power boosts, Fate was still able to match him equally in his Thunder in Heaven; Great Vigor form, a more advanced version of his first technique.

In UQ Holder, after Negi has massively increased in power in multiple ways, even Evangeline and Fate can get casually blitzed by him. So it doesn't seem to be an outlier to me.

while I still, believe it to be an outlier, I'll wait for you to reread the series before I push the downgrade.

Okay, thank you.

I aim to have at least 30 profiles created for the series over the course of September. The series has been pretty underexposed on here IMO.

Touta form is considers will lightning but the Lightning spirit and I think Touta himself even said he wasn't as strong as his grandfather

They also finished a fight in seconds

Touta and Negi fought across the city in 5 seconds where they even had conversations during that time

That's way faster than lightning speed if we're being honest

fighting across a large city in 5 seconds is about hypersonic

New York has a diameter of about 30km so I'll assume 50km for a very large city.

50km per 5 seconds = 10km/s or Mach 30. Not as fast as lightning and that's a high-end.

E1FC3E08-DA3D-428B-A1CE-5174C202AF46
Can't stress enough how much this is called real lightning a dm acts as real lightning as well in ththe chapter with it's properties of conduction

@Damage

Not necessarily. That feat can be as low as high hypersonic given the distance between them. A large number of lightning dodging feats aren't MHS+ as you have to account got the distance between them.

Ruin Ishkur already crossed most of the distance between them from the looks of it by the time Touta dodged.

I'll get that feat calced.

AstralKing7 said:
Bro did u read the manga??? Touta and Koro were about to cut him before he had time to reform his body
I was addressing Damage's point which had nothing to do with this point.

I'm going one feat at a time. I'll wait for the feat Damage brought up to be calc'd then we'll see if there are better feats.

Okay, thanks.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can't think of a way for the distance to be figured out exactly. So I'll have to look for some other feats.

Bumping this.

Sub-Rel should at least be removed due to arbitrary numbers (like assuming 1cm) and using a high-end for no solid reason.

SSBXeno573 said:
Bumping this.
Sub-Rel should at least be removed due to arbitrary numbers (like assuming 1cm) and using a high-end for no solid reason.
I think that would be reasonable.

We know that Touta, Jack and Negi are all Massively Hypersonic+ due to the nature to the perpetual lightning form technique, but Sub-Rel may be stretching it.

What if we went for the Low-End for the calc?

Okay. I think we should wait 24 hours to see if AstralKing, Skyleitz or anyone else interested notices the thread and gives their input and after that we should make the changes.

AstralKing7 said:
there was actually a given reason as to why the high end was used tho
And that is? The only reason for the high-end was that it is consistent (which is false) and the Mach 1.4k end is far more consistent.

SSBXeno573 said:
AstralKing7 said:
there was actually a given reason as to why the high end was used tho
And that is? The only reason for the high-end was that it is consistent (which is false) and the Mach 1.4k end is far more consistent.
10m is as close as you can percieve something at moving in slow motion which is why the hihg end was used because Tota stated that he was was moving so fast and his perception and reaction speed had increased to the point where the missiles were moving in slow motion.

No proof of Evangeline's ice vines moving at lightning speed? Dude, are you literally blind or what? Those vines tried to chase Secundum on his LIGHTNING FORM and got caught. The only proof you need is having a set of two eyes.

Back