• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
I saw similarities. **** it.

Rules

• Speed is equalized.
  • 5-B versions.
  • Battle takes place here.
  • Winner by death or incapacitation.
Vote Count

• Magneto: 0
  • The Lord Ruler: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Well, 5B Lord Ruler effectively posses the power of a Shard for a limited amount of time. An unchecked Shard (without an opposing Shard present) is basically the God of a given planet. Think of it as looking down on the planet itself and playing Total War/Black & White. Even though he has no experience wielding that power, and metal in large quantities blinds the Shardholder, TLR would not have to see Magneto to move the planet closer to the sun of the system. Or even create a few hundred volcanoes on the planet. He can also reality warp, but it's uncertain if he could directly turn Magneto into a marshmallow. I also don't see any way Magneto can hurt him in this form, as he is incorporeal.

I said this to someone quoting you on another LR thread, and I'll say it again here.

LR does not have the full power of a Shard. He has the tiniest fraction of its power, hence why he calls himself the "Sliver of Infinity".

And nothing says he was incorporeal. He wasn't a full Vessel, he's was just using a tiny fraction of Preservation's powers.

Well, now that that's out there...

Any opinions on the fight itself?

In terms of metal manipulation, Magneto's is leagues above anything LR has ever shown. Key word being "shown", seeing as 5-B LR is using reality warping Preservation powers, and we only ever see him using the basic powers.

I don't really see how the fight would go though, seeing as I don't really know Magneto that well, and LR's powers here are barely shown. Maybe LR could screw with Magneto's biology or something.

LordAnomanderRake said:
5B Lord Ruler quite heavily haxstomps. Magneto cannot deal with a Shard's reality warping.
Indeed. Even if TLR couldn't target Magneto personally(which I doubt) he could simply rip the planet to pieces, or initiate an apocalypse of natural disasters, or even create an unfightable disease. I vote TLR.

Monarch Laciel said:
I said this to someone quoting you on another LR thread, and I'll say it again here.
LR does not have the full power of a Shard. He has the tiniest fraction of its power, hence why he calls himself the "Sliver of Infinity".

And nothing says he was incorporeal. He wasn't a full Vessel, he's was just using a tiny fraction of Preservation's powers.
He does have only the tiniest power of Preservation. He also doesn't have any of the experience Leras (the previous shard holder) had. He does not need that experience to destroy the planet though. Or move it really close to the sun.

You're right, we don't know he was incorporeal. I was only going off the description of Vin holding the power.

Finally, I personally think base LR with Atium could take this, but since this the 5B version, all the more reason why I said this is a stomp.

Which hax...?

That's still not an argument.

You have also constantly posted "X fra" on threads. That's not against the rules, but we'd appreciate it if you took a look at the threads before doing that. You even confused Kratos with Kirby once.

I don't think I can explain it much better to someone who hasn't read the first Mistborn trilogy.

It really is no contest, for reasons I explained above.

Back