• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As with Jean Grey, Magneto's profile will be splitted in two, the current one will be for his Pre-Retcon version (Original Timeline) and here I made a sandbox for his Post-Retcon version (Revised Timeline).

The current profile will be renamed to "Magneto (FOX: Pre-Retcon)", and it also needs some changes that corresponds to his Post-Retcon version: his second key and supersonic reactions will be removed, his physicals will be downgraded to 10-B, his Notable Techniques/Attacks section will be removed since it's a mix of both versions.

I agree with the split, but I'd actually upgrade Pre-Retcon Magneto to Hypersonic given he was not only able to react fast enough while weakened to restrain Wolverine, but was capable of stopping bullets as far back as X1 (this specific feat may warrant a calc given the context). I'd also give him the following abilities

Enhanced Senses (Could smell Adamantium from a mile away)
Limited Resistance to Power Nullification (Despite being injected with four cures that instantaneously revert mutants back into humans with only one dosage, Erik could slightly move a metal chess piece)

There's likely more, but timing is everything (not to mention, three or four novelizations which may have some stuff)

Last edited:
Also since you told me that 7-C was a placeholder for the destruction of Auschwitz, shouldn't Revised Magneto be 8-B for the time being?

The CRT was to split the profile in two and remove Post-Retcon stuff from his Pre-Retcon version, but I guess we can add that too
Enhanced Senses (Could smell Adamantium from a mile away)
This would be Metal Detection
Limited Resistance to Power Nullification (Despite being injected with four cures that instantaneously revert mutants back into humans with only one dosage, Erik could slightly move a metal chess piece)
I may be wrong, but the cure didn't have a temporary effect since in Days of Future Past Magneto could use his powers normally?
Also since you told me that 7-C was a placeholder for the destruction of Auschwitz, shouldn't Revised Magneto be 8-B for the time being?
True, I couldn't find any way to calculate the feat but obviously it must be higher than him casually moving the RFK Stadium, I don't know if it's allowed to put a reasonable tier without a calc based just on the feat

I may be wrong, but the cure didn't have a temporary effect since in Days of Future Past Magneto could use his powers normally?
Oh yeah, you’re right. I forgot, thanks for pointing this out
True, I couldn't find any way to calculate the feat but obviously it must be higher than him casually moving the RFK Stadium, I don't know if it's allowed to put a reasonable tier without a calc based just on the feat
Without a calc, we can’t put 7-C there. At least not given the context of the feat. I’d say “At least City Block level” could work since it’s more casually performed

According to this blog, which is used for the Tiering System, to be Town level you must destroy an actual town completely (At least 1 Km in diameter), Auschwitz is around 1,000 m long and 400 m wide, can we put Magneto at 7-C or Low 7-C based on that?
That calc is assuming an instant release of force that destroys the town in one blast.

Magneto ripping apart Auschwitz isn't really "fast" enough to qualify to scale to that since it was an extended effort.

That calc is assuming an instant release of force that destroys the town in one blast.

Magneto ripping apart Auschwitz isn't really "fast" enough to qualify to scale to that since it was an extended effort.
I see, would it be correct to divide 5.8 kilotons (Baseline 7-C) by the seconds it took him to destroy Auschwitz to obtain his AP?

I see, would it be correct to divide 5.8 kilotons (Baseline 7-C) by the seconds it took him to destroy Auschwitz to obtain his AP?
You could give it a shot, but due to his powers I'm not sure how accurate that would translate to energy wise.

An "At least" rating for that would be fine for that too

Since Magneto's feat was done casually
I think people misuse this word far to much. Doing something that doesn't require max effort and doing something casually are different things.

For Magneto I would suggest just an At least rating for the time being.

I think people misuse this word far to much. Doing something that doesn't require max effort and doing something casually are different things.
The casually is because Magneto generated that energy just by moving something and not with a destructive attack like he did in Auschwitz

The casually is because Magneto generated that energy just by moving something and not with a destructive attack like he did in Auschwitz
Both things are moving something, one is just violently doing it and the other was keeping it intact so it can act as a barrier.

Both things are moving something, one is just violently doing it and the other was keeping it intact so it can act as a barrier.
There should be a difference between using your power to destroy an entire town and just using it to move a stadium in the air from one place to another

For Magneto I would suggest just an At least rating for the time being.
That usually has to depend on the way how they perform the feat in many other cases.

plus Magneto was also controlling the Sentinels at the same time
But that doesn't make the feat a casual one. He went into deep focus to lift the stadium and didn't do so with some casual gesture.

Its not his max effort, it's just not warranted with a "casual" modifier.

What I'm referring to with casually is that the energy generated by his power is just a side effect of him moving the stadium instead of using it offensively, added to the fact that while doing so he was also using some of his power and concentration in controlling the Sentinels. And what do you mean with "some casual gesture"? Magneto was literally moving the stadium with one hand, the same one with which he was controlling the Sentinels

And what do you mean with "some casual gesture"? Magneto was literally moving the stadium with one hand, the same one with which he was controlling the Sentinels
He lifted the stadium with everything, the one hand he was using with the stadium afterward was just controlling what direction it was moving in.
What I'm referring to with casually is that the energy generated by his power is just a side effect of him moving the stadium instead of using it offensively,
But that's still not a casual amount of energy, it's just generic KE energy for moving a big thing.

He lifted the stadium with everything, the one hand he was using with the stadium afterward was just controlling what direction it was moving in.
And that is literally what was calculated in the calc, him moving the stadium from where it was to the White House
But that's still not a casual amount of energy, it's just generic KE energy for moving a big thing.
Yes, but I mean Magneto didn't move the stadium to specifically generate that energy, it was just a side effect of him doing so, he wasn't using his power destructively/offensively/to attack

And that is literally what was calculated in the calc
I never complained about the calc. I just had an issue with the word "casually" being used for the feat. Him not going 100% is not the same as him putting in a casual amount of effort.

Maybe I'm dumb but what's the difference?
Changing structure is hax, as you're manipulating bond structures. To break it down means you're able to supply enough energy to destroy or break the subatomic bonds of the item.

The former is just matter manipulation while the latter can be specialized AP.

I see. Btw, what do you think of scaling young Magneto above old Magneto? There is also another quote that implies that:
It wasn't easy, and here he cursed the ravages of time, wishing he'd had such a level of insight at an age when he'd been hale enough to utilize it properly.

I wouldn't scale any Post-Retcon character to their Pre-Retcon version. Since there's so many stark differences

Back