• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic's 2-A Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, I found out that Aminatou actually has a lot of feats and statements about her abilities and how they work, and there is a Possibly 2-A statement as well.

However, I'm not sure if she's pre or post mending (Seeing as commander planeswalkers are usually a mix of the two), and 2-A would only be justified in pre-mending, as post-mending it would be a massive outlier.

So, here's the scans, and I'd like to know whether we should change it to "Possibly much higher" or keep it at 2-A.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/aminatou-fateshifter-2018-07-26

Statement from her lore article:

"I'm a firm believer in presenting them accurately—as unapologetic cosmic beings of immense metaphysical power."

Possibly 2-A Statement:

My main issue with this is that we took a statement from the same type of source and applied it to The Ur-Drago, so I don't really see why it can't be seen as a statement here.

2018-08-12 01-20

I'm leaning to "Possibly much higher", even though there isn't really anything her power could be between 10-B and 2-A. At least until we get more lore on her.

But I think your quote from the lore article is out of context. The author is talking about little girls, not the planeswalker. The full quote being:

As a former little girl, I'm a firm believer in presenting them accurately—as unapologetic cosmic beings of immense metaphysical power.
This reads more as a joke, and less like a justification for 2-A.

Eh, I was mostly doing that to point out that this might be the designer's intention when doing her lore, coupled with the statement in question.

I sort of agree, but the fact that we used the same exact type of source to justify The Ur-Drago's tier does make me think this is usable.

It might be the designer's intention, but I just wanted to expand on the context.

I mean, The Ur-Dragon's the progenitor of all dragons, including the pre-mending Planeswalker Nicol Bolas, so it's not really an outlier, even with all the lore we have about the Ur-Dragon.

This, on the other hand, is a new character which we don't know much about. It's probably best to keep things on the safe side for now. I'd feel much more comfortable accepting this if this character had many prior appearances which this statement didn't contradict in the slightest.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Why doesen't Commodore Guff have a profile? He's either 2-A or High 2-A with plot manpiulation, toonforce, and fourth wall awareness.
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back