• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madness Combat Discussion Thread: Redeemer

(Start of the game) "Nevada is a riddle with no solution. A setup. With no punchline. The Machine, Nevada's Syntax, The Maker, The will behind the pen. All things that are, exist as a part of The Machine's limitless sprawl. All, that is, but the Highest Power, and the abyssal Depths beneath Nevada. The story that is told is nearing its end."

(Upon completing Contract 1) "The Maker's hands have been idle so long, they have forgotten their work. But their craft requires they tread the most perilous path and nurture from it fruit to bear. To control The Machine, to direct it, without becoming part of its story, has proven contradictory. Paradoxical. Even to one of such infinite power as The Maker. Yet a machine cannot define itself... And if The Maker were made to merge with their grandest creation, if they were taken as a part of The Machine's composition... It would forever be beyond their control. The story that is told is nearing its end."

(Upon completing Contract 2) "The Maker must remain unseen, unperceived by The Machine. Unknown to a structure that defines and is defined not only by matter, and space, and time, but by purpose. Intent. Fate. Every story told is a cog in the framework of The Machine. Every hero. Every Villain. A subject of its influence. Pulling the machine closer to its redefinition. Closer to The Madness. But the eldest of all storytellers must not be dragged by The Machine into the corrupted depths beneath Nevada. Should this come to pass, then the chaos of that realm would rewrite all things, for all time. The story that is told is nearing its end."

(Upon completing Contract 3) "Have you not wondered why the epoch of the First Generation is unknown to you? Have you pondered your true origin? Have you considered that just as you have no future beyond the loop, that perhaps you have no past laid out behind it? The story that is told is nearing its end."

(Upon completing Contract 4 but leaving the Nowhere) "You are bound to your task. The Maker may ask no more of you. Return to your brethren. Return to your source. Return to your every incarnation that has ever walked The Nowhere. Complete the loop that knows neither beginning nor end. The story that is told is nearing its end.

@Employe where was it stated S-3LF contained people's experience and memories? that could give basically the entire vese possibly Mid Godly regeneration.

@Employe where was it stated S-3LF contained people's experience and memories? that could give Hank and the others with Type 8 immortality possibly Mid Godly regeneration.
Shouldn't that also give resistance to memory manip? (or is that covered my mind manip resist already?)

Also yeah I remember that being mentioned in MPN,

Shouldn't that also give resistance to memory manip? (or is that covered my mind manip resist already?)

Also yeah I remember that being mentioned in MPN,
Nah, it doesn't give them anything beyond Mid Godly Regeneration (still insane) due to eventually recovering their mind and soul after death.

@Employe where was it stated S-3LF contained people's experience and memories? that could give basically the entire vese possibly Mid Godly regeneration.
Idk, I just took this from wikipedia, but later i could try to found this.

Also Krinkels several once stated that after destruction of S-3LF madness characters can "return"

I feel madness characters also may have Type 4 Acausality, since their world very diffs from our, but is never was clearly confirmed, so let's don't use this

@Comiphorous could this give Tricky resistance to Fate, Matter, Space, Time and Plot manipulation?

that's just the machine being unable to control tricky due to his tomfoolery. thats resistance to the machine's mind manipulation. nothing else. too vague to give him anything else from that.

that's just the machine being unable to control tricky due to his tomfoolery. thats resistance to the machine's mind manipulation. nothing else. too vague to give him anything else from that.
But The Machine also defines fate and plot, why this would not give him res to them?

Btw I had another clip instance of WOG stating smth about infinite improb stuff are beyond machine cause their not its own creation or smth like that but I can't seem to find it now.

Could we add this to Nevadean Physiology?

Last edited:
Could this give Existence Erasure to The Machine/Maker?
If I'm imagining it right then yes. The Machine has complete dominion over the occurrent which includes the nowhere. And since the maker made the machine he'd be capable of it since he gave the machine the abilities.

Also I'm pretty sure the maker is responsible for the nowhere as a whole from the start sooooo yeah.

We'll see the others takes on it though.

If I'm imagining it right then yes. The Machine has complete dominion over the occurrent which includes the nowhere. And since the maker made the machine he'd be capable of it since he gave the machine the abilities.

Also I'm pretty sure the maker is responsible for the nowhere as a whole from the start sooooo yeah.

We'll see the others takes on it though.
They literally says that "Nowhere is domain for all things that Maker not shaped into worlds and where everything started"

It is 100% EE

Also Employers must have Conceptual manipulation Type 1, since they are capable of affecting The Machine

Back