• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Made in Abyss Verse Creation as well as Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

I really don't know why considering its popularity but regardless Made in Abyss has gone without a verse page for far to long. I decided to fix that. I made a sandbox that added every existing profile and a few new ones and updated everything on there, keep in mind this is subject to change because all tiers rely on my calculations which have yet to be accepted.

My Sandbox

Calculations​

Here are all the calculations I have made so far for the verse, only 1 of which has been accepted. I guess this is me being impatient and trying to get them accepted as soon as possible.
Anyways
  1. Regs Rock Lift -Class 10 Lifting Strength (Accepted)
  2. Regs Rock Lift- Class 50 Lifting Strength (Anime Version)
  3. Reg Crushes Steel - Class K to Class M (Class M End accepted)
  4. Ozen has the strength of 120,000 Men - Class M
  5. Updated 9-A justification - Re-Calc of Jasonsith's Version (Accepted)
  6. Reg Busts a Wall - 9-A/8-C Justification (8-C Accepted)
  7. Reg Smashes a Bridge - 8-C
  8. The possible reaction speed of both Reg and Bondrewd - Relativistic and Relativistic+ (Accepted)
  9. Regs Small Incinerator Blast - 8-A
  10. Regs Large Incinerator Blast - 7-A

Conclusion

If these calcs get accepted it would be a major upgrade to this newly created verse, as always discussion is heavily encouraged. All calcs are subject to change and if there is a better one or mine is wrong in some way I won't hesitate to change it. Also all profiles are pretty barebones so any suggestions for powers and abilities, gallery pictures, equipment add-ons, and anything else you may want to add would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Based, agreed. There's also the water basin feat, they smash through some debris, might be worth calcing.

I was gonna do it eventually so no worries.
Might do some low end speed feats as well, or Reg smashing down some walls.

That Ozen multiplier statement might be legit now to given the bridge feat corroborates it.

That Ozen multiplier statement might be legit now to given the bridge feat corroborates it.
Omg I didn't recognize you without a silver chariot pfp😭😭

Yeah I wondered why that wasn't a thing already since she already has a statement about lifting a 10 meter wide rock, which is at definitely in Class K. I just wanted to play it safe for the evaluations.

I was gonna calc the metal wall smash reg did while berserk soon
If you're gonna then I won't bother, I'll look at something else.
Yeah I wondered why that wasn't a thing already since she already has a statement about lifting a 10 meter wide rock, which is at definitely in Class K. I just wanted to play it safe for the evaluations.
Pretty sure at the time it was because no feat was even the same magnitude so it was tossed out because it reeked of outlier and the author not knowing how to math.
Obviously not the case anymore, should be fine to use.

If you're gonna then I won't bother, I'll look at something else.

Pretty sure at the time it was because no feat was even the same magnitude so it was tossed out because it reeked of outlier and the author not knowing how to math.
Obviously not the case anymore, should be fine to use.
Great Ill change it to just Class M then, should be fine now

Doesn't Faputa have a feat right after the bridge break? Like, a kinda ridiculous one at that?
Might calc it later if it ends up simple.

Doesn't Faputa have a feat right after the bridge break? Like, a kinda ridiculous one at that?
Might calc it later if it ends up simple.
She has that aforementioned feat of pulling down the entirety of the village which would probably yield some insane LS upgrades but Idn if it's even calcable.

Yeah that's what I thought, easy Class M minimum for just the section on screen, probably 8-B too if not higher.
Might check it out, it shouldn't be impossible to calc, at the very least approximations is possible.

I lied, gonna wait for the anime for the Faputa calc given the manga, while it isn't impossible to tell what's going on, there's a solid chance the anime is gonna clarify a lot of the small details by pure virtue of it being in motion the crumbling of the tower is the hard part, though I might still calc the initial panel tho with the crater-esque upheaval given it's prety straightforward if it's just that, probably solidly 8-C looking at it (Though the full feat is way higher obviously).

There's also the Idofront calc, it might be possible to figure out how much energy Reg drained.
Reg smashing the deer ****** out of the village is also a feat.
And the basin feat too is doable, especially with the movie.
All probably 9-A to 8-C too so there's consistency.
Steel frag probably the closest to accurate, though it's more a combination of frag and V.Frag due to the mix of large chunks but also lots of small chunks, not sure if you want to take that into account and do a mixed end?

Edit: Oh hey when Reg busts down the door, when he grips the wall he indents it, that's probably some wacky LS in the Class 100 to K tier based off other similar calcs involving rock crushing.

Last edited:
I disagree with the speed success calculations. I don't understand why sparagmos is considered the speed of light.

Simply being called "light" isn't enough for the speed of light because the word "light" is a common figurative expression used in editing, and attacks using the word "light" often do not show real light success. Sparagmos is one of them.

Sparagmos laser/light beam dodging feats do not meet any real light criteria on our page.

First of all, it does not show refraction and reflection success like light in any way.

Secondly, it's not portrayed as a real light, especially compared to the gangway attack bondrewd had.

Third, it is not called the speed of light.

Fourth, it is not stated that it consists of photons or light itself, only the word "light" is mentioned in its name.

Finally, it does not have a realistic light source.

It is shown as a laser that burns and destroys where it touches, rather than real light. Reg feat.

This satisfies one of the criteria for not real light. This shows that sparagmos is tangible and can interact with normal people.

As you can see, sparagmos does not meet any of the criteria for real light, and it also meets one of the criteria for not real light.

That's why I don't think this speed achievement, on which sparagmos is accepted as the speed of light, is usable.

Instead, I find it more accurate that the gangway, which is portrayed as much more real light, should be counted as a speed achievement.

Let me explain why Gangway is the speed of light.

It is primarily portrayed as a more real light, unlike sparagmos.

The exit point is a vertical line of light on the bondrewd mask.

It shows refraction and reflection success in every panel where the attack is used. Feat 1. Feat 2. Feat 3.

It will only hurt you when the user is focused, it will not hurt when reflecting in a zigzag shape. In other words, while it is reflected in a zigzag shape, it is not concrete like a real light and is reflected in a zigzag shape on every panel it is used.

For these reasons, I think that the gangway should be accepted as the speed of light and the panels with the gangway should be used as a calculation for speed success.

Steel frag probably the closest to accurate, though it's more a combination of frag and V.Frag due to the mix of large chunks but also lots of small chunks, not sure if you want to take that into account and do a mixed end?
Tell me how and Ill get right on it.
Edit: Oh hey when Reg busts down the door, when he grips the wall he indents it, that's probably some wacky LS in the Class 100 to K tier based off other similar calcs involving rock crushing.
Good catch

I mean, just take the volume you got and divide it by however much it looks like, if you think 50% frag and 50% v.frag checks out, just cut the volume in half, multiply by values then slap them together at the end.

Not saying 50/50 is the right value fyi, just a example. I'm not sure how much we wanna say is v/frag and how much is frag.

I disagree with the speed success calculations. I don't understand why sparagmos is considered the speed of light.

Simply being called "light" isn't enough for the speed of light because the word "light" is a common figurative expression used in editing, and attacks using the word "light" often do not show real light success. Sparagmos is one of them.

Sparagmos laser/light beam dodging feats do not meet any real light criteria on our page.

First of all, it does not show refraction and reflection success like light in any way.

Secondly, it's not portrayed as a real light, especially compared to the gangway attack bondrewd had.

Third, it is not called the speed of light.

Fourth, it is not stated that it consists of photons or light itself, only the word "light" is mentioned in its name.

Finally, it does not have a realistic light source.

It is shown as a laser that burns and destroys where it touches, rather than real light. Reg feat.

This satisfies one of the criteria for not real light. This shows that sparagmos is tangible and can interact with normal people.

As you can see, sparagmos does not meet any of the criteria for real light, and it also meets one of the criteria for not real light.

That's why I don't think this speed achievement, on which sparagmos is accepted as the speed of light, is usable.

Instead, I find it more accurate that the gangway, which is portrayed as much more real light, should be counted as a speed achievement.

Let me explain why Gangway is the speed of light.

It is primarily portrayed as a more real light, unlike sparagmos.

The exit point is a vertical line of light on the bondrewd mask.

It shows refraction and reflection success in every panel where the attack is used. Feat 1. Feat 2. Feat 3.

It will only hurt you when the user is focused, it will not hurt when reflecting in a zigzag shape. In other words, while it is reflected in a zigzag shape, it is not concrete like a real light and is reflected in a zigzag shape on every panel it is used.

For these reasons, I think that the gangway should be accepted as the speed of light and the panels with the gangway should be used as a calculation for speed success.
Shhhhh you weren't supposed to notice that...

In all seriousness I do agree with you on the sparagmos part but since gangway follows the criteria for being real light and Reg is able to consistently dodge it I see no problem with Relativistic+ reactions staying as is.

I mean, just take the volume you got and divide it by however much it looks like, if you think 50% frag and 50% v.frag checks out, just cut the volume in half, multiply by values then slap them together at the end.

Not saying 50/50 is the right value fyi, just a example. I'm not sure how much we wanna say is v/frag and how much is frag.
Could I not just use a destruction value halfway between frag and v. frag and do it that way?

Nah, we don't have a value like that and while you think it WOULD get the same result, math is funny like that.

Unrelated but I put the movie on as a friend is watching it for the first time for the anime, and noticed some potential neat feats that could be used as support, like Reg crushing a pipe in his grip and tearing a copper wire in half among other things.

Last edited:
My first takeaway is, do we have other undeniable evidence that Sparagmos and Incinerator moves at actual light speed?
I only remember the "beam of light" statements and reflecting of either Gangway or Sparagmos. I'm unsure if that's enough to pass wiki standards. Also, there is a small anti-feat where the beams of light were not moving that fast compared to the movement of flames in the movie adaptation of the Bondrewd arc.

And well, regardless of the outcome, Nanachi would probably scale in terms of reactions, since she dodged a beam attack from Bondrewd. Though whether it's an outlier or not can be debated, it looked pretty close in the movie.

Lastly, the Delvers should probably be at least Athlete level purely by the virtue of the nature of their jobs. I remember Riko surviving some fall with minor injuries when she was first chased by the Crimson Splitjaw, though I reckon the results of that would be rather low. I'm thinking of rereading Made in Abyss to search for more valid examples that makes them 10-A.

My first takeaway is, do we have other undeniable evidence that Sparagmos and Incinerator moves at actual light speed?
I only remember the "beam of light" statements and reflecting of either Gangway or Sparagmos. I'm unsure if that's enough to pass wiki standards. Also, there is a small anti-feat where the beams of light were not moving that fast compared to the movement of flames in the movie adaptation of the Bondrewd arc.
While Sparagmos on it's own really doesn't meet the requirements to be light Gangway however likely pass wiki standards as it refracts off surfaces. See HalilAssassino's post for scans and further proof. Sparagmos is consistently portrayed as faster than Gangway so I see no problem with keeping it lightspeed.

As for the Nanachi dodging it it should likely be an outlier as she likely just saw him touch his mask and knew what he was going to do because she had worked with him in the past. As for the flames that's just the movie disregarding that fact, no-where was it shown to do that in the manga. The show and movies should be taken as secondary canon.
Lastly, the Delvers should probably be at least Athlete level purely by the virtue of the nature of their jobs. I remember Riko surviving some fall with minor injuries when she was first chased by the Crimson Splitjaw, though I reckon the results of that would be rather low. I'm thinking of rereading Made in Abyss to search for more valid examples that makes them 10-A.
Maybe the adult delvers but Riko and the gang are consistently shown struggling to carry backpacks adults can carry and other tasks that full grown delvers have no problem with. Also that fall your talking about really doesn't seem to be implying any higher durability then at first glance. Regular humans have been able to survive multi-story falls with little injury

Also for the movie, the flames even being in motion wouldn't make sense even if they were the minimum possible speed they'd logically be, if not light, they're still leagues above basic mach and even in the same movie only minutes later we get an overhead shot of the beams crossing the chasm they're fighting in within 1 to 2 frames maximum, repeatedly, back and forth.
Even at that speed, flames would be nigh motionless.

Sparagmos is consistently portrayed as faster than Gangway so I see no problem with keeping it lightspeed.
Can you cite examples showing Gangway supposedly being slower than Sparagmos? Sorry I simply don't remember any of that and I haven't began rereading MIA yet as I am doing a lot of other things.

As for the Nanachi dodging it it should likely be an outlier as she likely just saw him touch his mask and knew what he was going to do because she had worked with him in the past.
We can cross this feat off as Nanachi dodging Gangway is a movie-only feat.

However, Nanachi does still guide Reg in his battle against Bondrewd so their perception speed shouldn't be that far behind even though they has precognition to some extent.

Last edited:
We can cross this feat off as Nanachi dodging Gangway is a movie-only feat.
They seemingly do in the manga too, at the very least they're ducking and going "nyaaa" while it's mid-fire.
Though they don't exactly have anti-feats or real feats to their name, they can be however fast and it wouldn't be inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back