• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren - Small changes that affect a large number of characters

Introduction:​

In a previous thread, we assigned Tier 7 to Frieren. However, there are two aspects that we overlooked in that discussion:

1. Speed:​

• Current: Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic+
  • Proposed: Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+
Reasoning:
  • A calculation for Frieren's casual spellcasting yields a result of Supersonic+.
  • This calculation has an effect on mage characters in this verse, as they are able to respond to normal magic and are able to put up protective barriers.
Voting:
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

2. Lifting Strength:

• Accepted Calculation: An apprentice mage can lift a large water boulder with magic.
  • Result: As a result, low-level mages of this verse were able to gain class K with magic.

Voting:
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

High Tier:

We have 3 calculations for anime and manga. It is necessary to agree on what level should be used.
  • Manga Version: 538,335,399.882 kg (Class M)
  • Anime Version (Low End): 7,327,943,056.66 kg (Class M)

• Anime Version (High End): 40,324,664,560.1 kg (Class G)

Scale High level mage is superior to Richter.

Voting:
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
  • Anime Version (Low End): 7,327,943,056.66 kg (Class M)
  • Anime Version (High End): 40,324,664,560.1 kg (Class G)
Scale High level mage is superior to Richter.

Voting:
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:
Completely disagree with the usage of these two as we already said in the discussion thread, while they are mathematically fine they're still very much unnecessary as we are overly relying on the anime here for something we already had a clear view of in the manga withs calcs for as well and thus the results are vastly different from anything in the primary source with no real reason that the anime should be used in this case

We have 3 calculations for anime and manga. It is necessary to agree on what level should be used.
For tornado shouldn't scale to LS I think since its just him making a tornado
Result: As a result, low-level mages of this verse were able to gain class K with magic.
Not sure we can really scale to this any ole low class mage since her water manipulation is a very specifc ability of hers that we don't really know if anyone can just replicate and in fact we specifcally know that they specifically use the flight speed to float other objects and that said spell has very specifc limits to what they able to carry and do for things of significantly less weight.

Of course otherwise this is fine for kanne because its her water manipulation

Otherwise the Supersonic feat is fine

Completely disagree with the usage of these two as we already said in the discussion thread, while they are mathematically fine they're still very much unnecessary as we are overly relying on the anime here for something we already had a clear view of in the manga withs calcs for as well and thus the results are vastly different from anything in the primary source with no real reason that the anime should be used in this case
Ok, so you see the benefit of using manga to scale their lift power, right?
For tornado shouldn't scale to LS I think since its just him making a tornado
I'm not saying we'll scale their LS based on the weight of the storm.
Not sure we can really scale to this any ole low class mage since her water manipulation is a very specifc ability of hers that we don't really know if anyone can just replicate and in fact we specifcally know that they specifically use the flight speed to float other objects and that said spell has very specifc limits to what they able to carry and do for things of significantly less weight.

Of course otherwise this is fine for kanne because its her water manipulation
Are you neutral on this matter?
Otherwise the Supersonic feat is fine
Do you agree to keep them at Supersonic? My proposal is to make them Supersonic+?

Proposed: Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+

Ok, so you see the benefit of using manga to scale their lift power, right?
??? We've already said the manga should be usrd and has, the richter calc was already done so I'm not sure what you're exactly trying to say
I'm not saying we'll scale their LS based on the weight of the storm.
Then why list its weight?
Are you neutral on this matter?
Precisely what I said are my opinions on the matter
Do you agree to keep them at Supersonic? My proposal is to make them Supersonic+?
I know hence me saying the supersonic stuff is fine

I think I agree for now but idk if we can scale Richter's LS since it's ground manipulation rather than straight up telekinesis
I'd want to comment on this. Ritcher mentions that what he does is overwhelm the enemy with the mass of physical matter that he creates using the earth's manip.
The reason why his Earth magic is capable of overwhelming defensive magic is by simply overwhelming it with mass that it cannot block the physical attack. as most defensive magic is not developed to block attacks or weight far higher than needed.

The problem here tho is that Ritcher didn't use his LS feat as a whole to overwhelm people with mass but is capable of so I don't think it should be scaled to other people. while the demon feat is more of spatial displacement.
Ritcher could get the LS but I doubt it should scale to the cast. though idk if them being able to block the weight of an attack using complex defensive magic would count as LS since they aren't lifting but simply having the barrier block the force of the weight

Especially seeing how Frieren is in the manga rather than using TK on the spatially displaced ground. Frieren simply destroyed it when she got teleported to the past in ch109

1. Speed:​

• Current: Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic+
  • Proposed: Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+
Reasoning:
  • A calculation for Frieren's casual spellcasting yields a result of Supersonic+.
  • This calculation has an effect on mage characters in this verse, as they are able to respond to normal magic and are able to put up protective barriers.
Fine

2. Lifting Strength:
  • Accepted Calculation: An apprentice mage can lift a large water boulder with magic.
  • Result: As a result, low-level mages of this verse were able to gain class K with magic.
Neutral

We should ref from original, likes manga. So, manga well.

Back