• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madara’s Rel Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
The purpose of this thread is to bring about discussion regarding what I believe to be questionable assumptions with Madara’s rel calc.

My Perceived Issues
So, the calc operates under the assumption that when Madara reacted to Tsunade, she was moving at light speed because the teleportation technique transports objects at the speed of light.

Analyzing the feat itself, I believe it isn’t so clear cut, or even implied, that Tsunade and Ay were still mid teleportation (and thus moving at light speed) when Madara reacted to Tsunade (Mu ironically puts his arms up before Madara, but he’s not given the calc value to hide an outlier?). In the manga, we see the flash of light (which indicates the teleportation technique has ended) shine past Madara, and then Madara raises his arms to block Tsunade’s kick. Rather than react to the teleportation, it’s portrayed that Madara reacted to Tsunade’s kick, which the anime supports. Secondly, the fact that the actual light itself from the technique shines past both Madara and Mu before Tsunade’s kick can even reach Madara, contradicts Tsunade moving at light speed in that instance, as if she were she’d be arriving at Madara at nearly the same time as the actual light itself. Finally, the calc at the end of the day is based around a very generous interpretation that isn’t inherently supported as I believe I’ve made clear above.

Conclusion and Proposals
For the reasons stated above, I think the calc is flawed in its core assumptions and thus cannot be salvaged. So, I don’t believe we can replace this calc by fixing mathematical or visual errors, but we can replace it with the scaling or statements. Albeit said discussion is probably best for a CRT, as I am primarily here to simply address the calc itself. However, some alternatives I can think of are using Ay’s nigh-lightning speed statement or Minato’s lightning statement and proceeding with scaling.

Agree: Damage, KT, US69
Disagree:

Last edited:
Rather than react to the teleportation, it’s portrayed that Madara reacted to Tsunade’s kick, which the anime supports.

Said this months ago, and I still agree with it now.

I believe that the calc should be invalid based on the unsupported assumptions underlying it.

Sorry to divert into scaling talk for a moment, but:

MS Sasukes speed:
At least Massively Hypersonic+ with Sub-Relativistic Reactions (Dodged Killer B's Kyūbi Cloak Assault and the Fourth Raikage's Elbow)

Killer B's speed:
At least Massively Hypersonic+ with Sub-Relativistic Reactions (Easily kept up with Sasuke and the rest of Taka, also crossed a mountain from another mountain in a very short timeframe. Able to react to the Fourth Raikage's Lightning Armor), at least Massively Hypersonic+, likely Sub-Relativistic with Version 1 Jinchūriki Cloak (Able to overwhelm Sasuke and keep up with the Raikage to blitz a clone of Kisame), Sub-Relativistic with Version 2 Jinchūriki Cloak (Far faster than before. Able to hit Kisame before he could react)

V1 Raikage's speed:
Sub-Relativistic (Able to keep up with KCM Naruto. Significantly faster than MS Sasuke)

KCM Naruto's speed:
At least Sub-Relativistic (Blitzed Kisame Hoshigaki. Managed to dodge the Fourth Raikage's fastest punch. Kept up with Obito Uchiha and his Six Paths of Pain)

Kisame's speed:
At least Massively Hypersonic+ (A weakened clone of his was able to keep up with Might Guy. Able to battle evenly against base Killer B)

I'm trying to figure out the roots of Sub-Rel ratings here since the calcs list on the verse page doesn't have any, and it seems like either:

1) The Sub-Rel comes from KCM Naruto upscaling the At least MHS+ Kisame. (Which seems kinda far to upscale)

2) The Sub-Rel comes from Killer B's V2 cloak speed upscaling his own V1 cloack speed which upscales from fake Kisame / Sasuke. (Again, seems kinda far to upscale)

Sorry to derail, but....
Sorry to divert into scaling talk for a moment, but:

MS Sasukes speed:

Killer B's speed:

V1 Raikage's speed:

KCM Naruto's speed:

Kisame's speed:

I'm trying to figure out the roots of Sub-Rel ratings here since the calcs list on the verse page doesn't have any, and it seems like either:

1) The Sub-Rel comes from KCM Naruto upscaling the At least MHS+ Kisame. (Which seems kinda far to upscale)

2) The Sub-Rel comes from Killer B's V2 cloak speed upscaling his own V1 cloack speed which upscales from fake Kisame / Sasuke. (Again, seems kinda far to upscale)
You were one of the primary people who were on the speed revision thread that implented this scaling, and it lasted for 5 grueling threads, so I'm surprised you don't remember it lol.

But yes, Sub-Rel comes from the 1st Gate's 5x multiplier being applied over Kakashi's near mach 3000 value.
And yes, talk regarding anything other than the Rel calc should be saved for the full-on speed revisions.

You were one of the primary people who were on the speed revision thread that implented this scaling, and it lasted for 5 grueling threads, so I'm surprised you don't remember it lol.

I probably tried my best to erase it from my memory once it was done.

But yes, Sub-Rel comes from the 1st Gate's 5x multiplier being applied over Kakashi's near mach 3000 value.

Ah yes, now I remember.

Ok then but I thought you were talking about other speed feats to use
Literally nobody ever mentioned any other speed feats.
Hell, we said this...
Doesn’t it come from Gates Guy multiplier? Also the sub rel ratings is highkey derailing for this thread.
Just jumping the gun on the inevitable scaling talk, but I can wait until a CRT gets made.
Sorry to derail, but....
And yes, talk regarding anything other than the Rel calc should be saved for the full-on speed revisions
So yeah, no derailing, please. Just stick to Madara's Rel calc.

No, I don't want that! Naruto characters getting downgraded?! I want them to be upgraded and nothing else for the rest of my life!

Agreeing because it makes sense

Yay, first participation in a thread!

I'm not that well versed into the Naruto verse, but this seems pretty self explanatory. The anime scene gives a good visualization too so I think I can give a vote.

I agree FRA.

You got 1 CGM and a few staff/knowledgeable members. Idk if thread mods have input but the thread mods in here definitely do have knowledge of the verse

So this isn't necessarily a rebuttal to the premise of the OP, but I was wondering if Muu raising his arms before Ay and Tsunade finished travelling is a good feat that could potentially end up with similar results to Madara's old Rel calc?
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/5e5f5e62b578d3e3ce60f010fcdace4d/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-59---p129-%5BaKraa%5D.pnghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/5e5f5e62b578d3e3ce60f010fcdace4d/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-59---p130-%5BaKraa%5D.png
Ironically, Arc did mention this in the OP, but brushed it off as the flash of light indicating "the teleportation technique has ended." But this doesn't make much sense, since if it had indeed ended, Ay and Tsunade would've already appeared. So what's more likely is that Muu reacted right as it was ending, so a pretty good feat.

So this isn't necessarily a rebuttal to the premise of the OP, but I was wondering if Muu raising his arms before Ay and Tsunade finished travelling is a good feat that could potentially end up with similar results to Madara's old Rel calc?
Ironically, Arc did mention this in the OP, butbrushed it off as the flash of light indicating "the teleportation technique has ended." But this doesn't make much sense, since if it had indeed ended, Ay and Tsunade would've already appeared. So what's more likely is that Muu reacted right as it was ending, so a pretty good feat.

I don't see how that would be a good feat.

You say "Ay and Tsunade would've already appeared".... okay, and? Maybe they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back