• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mewtwo wouldn't fall for a cloning trick. Telekinesis that works on multiple targets, precognition, and extransensory perception would make them useless.

Oh you mean like how ninjas already have very good chakra sensing and yet are able to trick each other, that is the point of clones. And limbo clones being undetectable means that he can swap with them at any point to either get him to the moon instantly or to get him to mewtwo instantly.

Also, I counted six votes. People started voting for your reasons when Madara was assumed to have the speed advantage, and that's when Jobbo and Risci changed their votes.

Except they switch their votes after I proved that Mewtwo can be affaected by IT. So speed was not the deciding factor.

Rocker1189 said:
Oh you mean like how ninjas already have very good chakra sensing and yet are able to trick each other, that is the point of clones. And limbo clones being undetectable means that he can swap with them at any point to either get him to the moon instantly or to get him to mewtwo instantly.
Ninjas don't have precog or psychic links. Madara needs to look at Mewtwo, Mewtwo needs to think. All of Madara's victory scenarios involve him locking eyes with Mewtwo or getting to the moon, while Mewtwo doesn't need to do any of that. Madara tries to get close enough to use genjutsu, he's already dead. He tries to get to the moon, he's already dead. He tries to use limbo clones, he's already dead. He tries to use wood clone's, he's already dead. He tries to use TSBs, he's already dead.

This is essentially Goku vs Zeus again. Madara needs to take a specific path to victory. Mewtwo doesn't.

Rocker1189 said:
Except they switch their votes after I proved that Mewtwo can be affaected by IT. So speed was not the deciding factor.
Going to Kep's comment, it was always assumed that Mewtwo would be affected by IT.

That is assuming that in character Mewtwo ever even kills targets out of his sight line. If you can prove that then I would agree.

Honestly tho (I hope I don't get beaten down for this) I'm still not convinced that IT would have that great of an effect on Mewtwo as others have suggested. Considering that in Naruto IF is a sure kill move unless you have a Rinnegan Susanoo blocking the light produced by the move. So the questions come with how would it fare against someone with actual mental resistances?

But anyway, my reasoning justification is

Mewtwo has precog, multiple psychic attacks like confusion, amnesia telekinesis to name a few off the top of my head. Power null through either his telepathy or Disable (though he has many more, just can't remember (T.T) ) Miracle Eye to catch any evasive maneuvers (may allow the ability to affect the limbo clones too but I'm honestly not sure). If he does get caught in any Genjutsu there is always sleep-talk that would allow him to use moves even when entranced and Calm Mind may or may not allow Mewtwo to shake off the effects of IT. Then there's Attack Reflection moves like Reflect, Magic Coat, Light Screen(?), counter etc. Do not forget the almighty SPOON created from psychic energy. Oh and healing moves, mainly Recover hmmm But to be honest if Mewtwo is caught by Izanagi that's the end of it due to the peculiarities of dispelling it but I'm placing my bets on Mewtwo

Nukes out of sight here

Teleports Ash here

Mewtwo mindwiping the cast of the first movie after flying away.

Mewtwo attacking Red with his tornado when he couldn't see him.

Wrecks an exploration team while remaining hidden.

Creating a storm to leave people for dead in Magical Journey.

Mewtwo using TK on Tauros.

Not to mention there's no reason for him not to, with him being cautious since after the first movie, having precog, and doesn't like confrontations with humans.

Furthermore, I heard that mist prevents ocular genjutsus from working. Mewtwo naturally has access to that move, and with precog, he knows that's its necessary.

Naruto Characters do have mental resistances they are trained in it from a young age......

And everything you aid after that is shut down by IT.

Sleep-talk is useless you dont even know you are under a genjutsu.

Reflection does not reflect genjutsu, not does he use it in character, same as most of the stuff you mentioned there.

Izanagi would not need to be used, in fact a normal genjutsu would surfice since Mewtwo has not shown adequate resistances.

Most things you mentioned are things that are not considered because:

1. Mewtwo does not use them in character.

2. Genjutsu ignores most of them.

Furthermore, given that Mewtwo blitzes characters who blitz characters who are twice as fast as Madara, and is stated to prefer use his psychic powers to win before his opponents can think, Madara using his abilities before Mewtwo is far fetched. Mewtwo can actually Miracle Eye and mindhax himself before Madara's able to do his stuff.

that first example was a game move and before he ever does that he is fighting them face to face anyway.

And I have no clue what that second video was, did not even lok like it was from the same thing.

Where did you here occular genjutsus are stopped by mist, I have never heard that before, and I am sure I would know.

If we are talking in character what says that Madara would start right off with IF?

Can you show the stuff with mental resistances so I can be sure.

Regular Genjutus would have no effect on Mewtwo simply because even noticing the minute flaws and influences break it and if there is no eye contact it's pointless to begin with. Especially since regular Genjutsu is at it's best Illusions even IT except that IT takes enslaves the user in a dream.

Rocker1189 said:
Where did you here occular genjutsus are stopped by mist, I have never heard that before, and I am sure I would know.
If a caster's vision is obstructed, such as by the Hiding in Mist Technique, that at least prevents the use of ocular genjutsu

Illusions that affect the mind directly, they have resistance in that they can break out of them and sharingan automatically gives you resistance.

And yes he does (IT not IF) the very first thing he did the moment he obtained it.

Kadmus Prime said:
If a caster's vision is obstructed, such as by the Hiding in Mist Technique, that at least prevents the use of ocular genjutsu
Only for poor users of it, considering it literally allows you to see through mists and such. Also the mist technique is more than just a normal mist.

Chapter 26, page 13. Keep in mind that the genjutsu isn't passive. Madara has to activate it, which gives Mewtwo even more of an advantage.

In order for Madara to win, he needs to get into direct eye contact with Mewtwo and activate his genjutsu, with a major speed disadvantage, before Mewtwo thinks.

You can train to break the effects of Genjutsu yes but that's because it is on the level of creating Illusions. That's the whole inner workings of the move. Pain not caused by Genjutsu can allow the person to break out of it. Sharingan users are invulnerable to Genjutus because their acute Vision recognizes the flaws and influences. So if simple high ocular vision can break a regular genjustsu, how would it be effective against someone who is known to have a great degree of mind manipulation without even having to be near the person. Well anyway, have a safe trip :)

Frankly, the genjutsu argument only goes so far anyway. In the very likely event that he doesn't try to use it, all other options besides Human Path, which he might not even use, given he doesn't need any info from Mewtwo, gets him killed. He doesn't know that, so he uses his wood techniques, an winds up exploded.

Basically, what I'm saying is, in the event he doesn't try mindhaxing (which even then he should die before using it), he gets beat out.

Most of the fights I have saw mewtwo in he usually goes for a physical attack or a blast.

Can you show him using Mind Hax in the beginning of a fight at least 3 times?

Madara will vapor Mew if he goes h2h with TSBs,no?

Madara's mind manipulation resistance is on lvl of IT.Mew's mind hax is stronger?

Don't forget that Madara can paralyze with Limbo,wich Mew can not affect.It paralyzed Sasuke on Mid Air.

Celestial Judge said:
Most of the fights I have saw mewtwo in he usually goes for a physical attack or a blast.

Can you show him using Mind Hax in the beginning of a fight at least 3 times?
You realize he doesn't need mindhax, right?

Ok then why exactly wouldn't Madara just genjutsu the hell out of him. You've yet to give any scans that he can resist ANYTHING.

Also Mists only hinder base rinnegan.

Not only Madara but all uchihas use Genjutsu during the beginning of a fight. And you've yet to give any sort of way Mewtwo would get around it.

I'll comeback when I see a new argument.

Except for killing him before he uses it. One shot worthy AP, superior abusable range, and a hefty speed advantage will do that to ya. Mewtwo could quite literally have a weakness to mind manipulation and still win. Ryu was right about this being a hax central site.

Since this is still open, I am voting for Mewtwo due to psychic, precog, bfr, status effect inducement, time travel.

You guys are literally downplaying Mewtwo guys.

And this is from Mewtwo page

'Resistance to Fighting- and Psychic- Type moves (which includes Mind Manipulation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, and Precognition), Resistance Negation (Miracle Eye negates immunity to Psychic moves. Some versions of Mewtwo's Swift bypasses resistances, skills, and/or abilities, passive or otherwise'

How does Madara counter mew's Mindwipe?

don't bring up IT

Madara doesn't have 5-B Genjutsu resistance, the only reason why it didn't effect him is because of the nature of the rinnegan

Shadowbokunohero said:
How does Madara counter mew's Mindwipe?
don't bring up IT

Madara doesn't have 5-B Genjutsu resistance, the only reason why it didn't effect him is because of the nature of the rinnegan
shouldent he scale to sasuke by having the same power that gives him resictence?

no Sasuke resisting IT has nothing to do with AP, or resistance, it's just that the Rinnegan is immune to it

Naruto>Sasuke

Naruto vs IT = Naruto getting trapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back