• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy vs the wrong crocodile (9-4)

Yes. Inducing fear isn't the same as simply scaring someone. Plus, I'm fairly sure there's examples of Krookodile's intimidate working on 'fearless' Pokemon.

I confirmed with Cal Howard that Pokemon have access to their egg moves

SSBXeno573 said:
First of all, don't quote large blocks of text. It's seriously annoying to read and makes pages load slower, not to mention it wastes more data.

It severely reduces speed, unless Luffy gets a really big boost I dont see why it's unreasonable that a single scary face can slow him.

"He is capable of generating a massive aura that can cover over several kilometers with such intensity that the air seemingly discharges electricity when coming into contact with any resistance."

This one? Cause Krook no-sells electricity at this level.

Physical moves =/= physical contact moves. Luffy would resist physical contact moves but not all physical moves. You don't need a dictionary to make that distinction.

Krook has several ways to incapacitate Luffy too, precog won't be doing much to help Luffy if he's already immobilised by either one of Krook's immobilisation techniques. And I also haven't argued the full extent of Krook's moveset yet

Yes the boost let him blitz someone (blueno) whom Luffy couldn't even react to prior. And he can boost even further.

No... Conqueror's haki is an aura that incaps you but not with electricity! It works best on non-humans. It's a fear inducement.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aGVhQW-UZOg&t=108s

He can do this kilometers away. Krok goes to sleep.

Precog will help him know that the immobilization technique is coming and Luffy can see several enough into the future to dodge or avoid them.

As I keep saying, a large majority of krok's moveset are physical contact.

See here for Krookodile's moves

Krookodile's physical non-contact move Earthquake is still there and is still having a large AoE.

Otherwise... his other moves cannot hurt Luffy really much. Not voting yet just saying.

If Krok decides to use Swagger to provoke Luffy, thus making Luffy angry (though strong) and will only focus on attacking and will not use Precog and next to that, Krok can use Sandstorm to do damage little by little in Luffy and also be able to use Sand Attack do it if blind and if Krok decides all this in his favor he will be able to spam Earthquake with large AoE.

Swagger + Sandstorm + Sand Attack + Earthquake + AoE will be the deadly combination that can beat Luffy.

The keyword is "if". Assuming Krok does all of that is a favorable assumption that can't be justified as he has no set character/ fighting style. Saying he does all that (while not bloodlusted) is highly generous.

Also, is Gear 4 restricted?

The OP has to specify that this Krookodile is Ash's. Until then, it's a random, untrained Krok. Also, Ash's Krookodile is given commands by Ash, so it's not Krookodile by itself

He never used it in this form but he does have it. In the manga, it's confirmed that Luffy learned G4 since his training with Rayleigh during the timeskip.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That krok fought pretty much the same way throughout the anime, even before being caught.
As I stated before, Ash is the one directing the battle. Ash comes up with the strategies and Krok follows. Krookodile is hardly involved. I'll concede if you give me feats of Ash's Krookodile having skill feats without his help.

RotofBots said:
As I stated before, Ash is the one directing the battle. Ash comes up with the strategies and Krok follows. Krookodile is hardly involved. I'll concede if you give me feats of Ash's Krookodile having skill feats without his help.
I meant the fight where ash was capuring him, because the figthing style didn't really evolve

@SSBXeno

Granted on the speed amp bit, but I doubt it'll help much against AoE attacks and immobilisation

Precog stops Luffy from being hit by a sandstorm and a glare? I think not

Krook is immune to sleep via uproar

And as I keep saying, earthquake isn't a contact move. Luffy won't resist.

Also as I've said before, all wild Pokemon have natural battle instincts. 3rd stage evolution Pokemon not only have superior battle instincts to most other Pokemon but also have a lot of experience. Krookodile will be able to utilise its moves well, especially since it'd be fond of moves like sand tomb, earthquake and swagger

A wild Krookodile fights Punk Hazard Luffy (no G4 in-character).

Battle instincts=/=Battle tactics. Take Goku as an example. That guy has been fighting and learning martial arts from his childhood and he isn't so bright when it comes to battle tactics despite being one of the most skilled warrior in his verse.

How does Uproar works?

I'd say Goku's very good at battle tactics, just that sometimes his other 'quirks' get in the way. But I digress. Point is, even if it isn't the exact same combo that Enryu said, Krook has enough combat-smarts to pull off a viable strategy that will get him a win.

Uproar is a sound based move. All those affected, including the user, become sleepless.

I need to know Wild Krook's Battle tactics skills to count the votes that relies on that. Now I'm doubting of that reasoning.

Still counting the votes tho.

Pretty sure that pokemon are consistently, with a few exeptions, comparable to humans inteligence wise, with the exeption of having years worth of experience in battles

I only remember Ash's Charizard spamming Flamethrower against Poliwrath and being an AH with his trainer despite the obvious lack of tactics that Ash pointed out. And Charizard are a strong race which tends to battle very often.

Can't remember any other case of the same nor the opposite.

I remember most wild pokemon battles amounting to X uses Tackle, X uses tail whip, X uses tackle, etc. Only time where they spammed the same move was in a situation where said move was super effective. I don't think type rules even apply to Luffy though.

Why is krook being treated as a human? He's a tameable animal, nothing is stopping luffy from leading and taming with conqeror haki which he has done in canon. And luffy isn't being chipped by sandstorm, his rubber+haki makes him more akin to steel without the weaknesses.

If going hy game mechanics luffy doesn't crit, criticals are exclusively things which moreso ignore defenses if I remember. Red hawk is luffy's closest thing to doing that since it attempts to passthrough the body with intense heat, but since it doesn't ignore defenses that's out. None of luffy's attacks would count as crit. And krook is going to be trying to land an extensive movelist which can still miss on a precog user. Fighting a sand veil or other evasion abilities already show how damming "100% accuracy" can be.

Also once krook uses uproahe's stuck in it nor does it wake him up, it PREVENTS not UNDOES/WAKESUP.

But conqerors as said above it isn't sleeping krook, krook isn't human he's getting outright tamed by it which all pokemon, save those past universal, can be.

EcchiOtakuTM said:
Why is krook being treated as a human? He's a tameable animal, nothing is stopping luffy from leading and taming with conqeror haki which he has done in canon. And luffy isn't being chipped by sandstorm, his rubber+haki makes him more akin to steel without the weaknesses.
If going hy game mechanics luffy doesn't crit, criticals are exclusively things which moreso ignore defenses if I remember. Red hawk is luffy's closest thing to doing that since it attempts to passthrough the body with intense heat, but since it doesn't ignore defenses that's out. None of luffy's attacks would count as crit. And krook is going to be trying to land an extensive movelist which can still miss on a precog user. Fighting a sand veil or other evasion abilities already show how damming "100% accuracy" can be.

Also once krook uses uproahe's stuck in it nor does it wake him up, it PREVENTS not UNDOES/WAKESUP.

But conqerors as said above it isn't sleeping krook, krook isn't human he's getting outright tamed by it which all pokemon, save those past universal, can be.
Is Luffy able to cover Haki's eyes to protect them from the great amount of sand of the storm so he can see?

Well, critical hits can be considered a blow that does more damage than normal, for example: if Luffy gives a directcut to Krook and makes him feel a big pain, this can be considered a critical hit (which can be considered as a great deal of damage in a single attack) without being a game mechanic, since Luffy can do a great deal of damage with that uppercut, Swagger is able to annoy Luffy (though this will make him much stronger) and force him to attack it without thinking and so Krook can can hit several without worrying about Luffy's Precog

Well, I realized that Krook is of the Dark Type and Earth, so he would have weakness against Luffy's attacks, since he is an Expert Hand-to-Hand or his fighting moves could be considered as Fightning-Type or Normal- Type?

It should have that weakness.

About the samdstorm and Luffy's eyes, yes but it's unlikely since he never shown the cappacity.

Calaca Vs said:
About the samdstorm and Luffy's eyes, yes but it's unlikely since he never shown the cappacity.
I mean Krook is able to use this in his favor, I also remember that breathing in a lot of desert sand can disrupt Luffy's respiratory system since having large amounts of sand in the lungs in the body can be deadly for a human being or Luffy could hold his breath since he can use Precog to know what will happen if he breathes large amounts of sand, but I think holding his breath for so long can be difficult, since the Sandstorm lasts a very long time and even who finishes Krookodile is able to use another soon after, so Krook have two another way to beat Luffy.

SansTheSkeleton101 said:
Luffy's fought a man that created sandstorms and such.
Well, I do not know much about One Piece but, did Crocodile accidentally try to make sandstorms to blind Luffy so he could have an advantage? From what I remember even Luffy taking advantage of the water in the second round against Crocodile and he lost (although in the third fight against Crocodile, Luufy defeated him using water as I remember)

Crocodile didn't do it by accident, he outright created a sand tornado to remove all the water(plot point in Alabasta that the poorer people barely have any water left) resulting in a sandstorm. Luffy defeated him in the 3rd fight via using his blood.

SansTheSkeleton101 said:
Crocodile didn't do it by accident, he outright created a sand tornado to remove all the water(plot point in Alabasta that the poorer people barely have any water left) resulting in a sandstorm. Luffy defeated him in the 3rd fight via using his blood.
Well, thanks for explaining :)

Well, critical hits can be considered a blow that does more damage than normal, for example: if Luffy gives a directcut to Krook and makes him feel a big pain, this can be considered a critical hit (which can be considered as a great deal of damage in a single attack) without being a game mechanic, since Luffy can do a great deal of damage with that uppercut, Swagger is able to annoy Luffy (though this will make him much stronger) and force him to attack it without thinking and so Krook can can hit several without worrying about Luffy's Precog

Well, I realized that Krook is of the Dark Type and Earth, so he would have weakness against Luffy's attacks, since he is an Expert Hand-to-Hand or his fighting moves could be considered as Fightning-Type or Normal- Type?

Pokemon can be one-shot without a single critical hit. Even nearly one-shotting focus sash or study pokemon is not considered a critical hit. Im not buying great deal of pain than normal/chunking a pokemon or else 100-400+ power moves would always be considered critical. A critical in pokemon does ignore durability, thus that would be minimal requirement as far as I can see.

And you're banking on swagger/taunt landing on luffy who's practically starting in a "detect" state for pokemon terms, or "sand veil" and other various built in evasion abilities if low balled... Garchomp has heavily shown how devastating to a strat a lone sand veil can be not to mention several pokemon are viable due to said evasion while luffy's is more akin to detect. 100% accuracy moves can miss with evasion in play.

Can't really tell about damage type cause as said earlier his rubber+haki should be more akin to steel, fire hawk fire, thor elephant gun electric, base and gear 2nd no haki probably fighting, while gear third no haki should be closer to normal since it's basically grow really big to slug the opponent thus extremely simplistic tbh.

As for the sandstorm talk, that's what the chip dmg is from, but as said rubber+haki would be more akin steel types. Some examples of pokemon luffy would be like are empoleon, quagsire, wooper, marshtomp, swampert, whiscash, and palpitoad. Strangely think all of which are water types but they to my knowledge still function as sealife who have feature of steel/rock/ground. There might be even more examples but I'd have to sit down and study that.

And there's still a problem crook is tameable and luffy leads with conqeror on animals.

Rubber boi: 5 (SSBXENO, EcchiOtaku, RotofBots, Sans, ZackMoon).

Creepy croc: 5 (Kiryu2012, Enryu the Red Tower, GyroNutz, TheArsenal, Ricsi).

Thor Elephant Gun is useless against Krook. Also Sandstorm doesn't lower the accuracy but chip damage the opponent.

How is Thor Elephant Gun useless against Krook? It only produces electrical waves upon impact, it's not purely an electircal attack.

Back