• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay hear me out, Luffy has far superior range and his CoO is not just precog but also gives him an idea of how powerful the opponent and their attacks are as well as what they do as far as range and power goes, as well as telling him what would happen if it actually hits. So he won't be caught off guard by it and even without G4 (or any gears) Luffy could break through intense aoe forces (Ex. Luffy vs Crocodile), Luffy struggled against heat in the past but now he is resistent to heat so it's unlikely that aoe alone would do much to him.

Edit: What's with this weird notion that Luffy has to be close? That he needs to stand right next to him? When did Luffy ever fight exclusively like that? Especially in G4? Luffy fights by moving all over the place and striking from blind spots, even if that means kicking the opponent in the back when they are on the ground, he doesn't hold back.

Escanor would have to strike Luffy with his axe but since Luffy has precog, better range and better mobility it's not gonna happen, especially in unlimited G4.

Both Luffy and Escanor got buffed here but Luffy packs more of a punch.

How is CoO low level exactly? It's only weakness being unable to predict the unpredictable, something Luffy can achive but Escanor cannot.

AoE flame attacks (which Luffy would have prior knowledge of) won't work on a tank of a fighter like Luffy since he is resistent to heat. It would mildly bother him at best.

I am not saying CoO counter the aoe (tho it will tell Luffy it's exact range), but that it counters Escanor's most powerful attacks, his axe swings. Rhitta is not going to touch Luffy this fight and that's the only way Ercanor can actually take Luffy down as he is resistent to heat, making the flames an inconvenience at worst.

Edit: "lowlevel precog like CoO is iseless against AoE ttacks."

I am sure you have a scan to back this claim, don't you?

Speed is equalized btw, making Luffy's precog and mobility advantage even more powerful.

Just saying.

This is already requested at the official versus match-up addition thread.a 7-1 difference aint making a difference

Asking for proof on why Precog is useless against AoE is like asking for proof on why water would douse flames. If you can't dodge something, you ain't dodging it, even if you can see it coming. I don't see Luffy the type to keep on backing away either and you are aware that Escanor isn't just stand there not following after Luffy right?

And Luffy is anything but heat resistant.... Especially considering he never dealt with this level of flames before and add in the fact that Akainu's attack was going to roast the hell out of him if Ace hadn't protected him so that kinda puts a hole in your argument.

Bad analogy?

I am not saying Luffy is gonna dodge the aoe (did you even read what I said?), but he will dodge Rhitta's attacks and that's the only thing Escanor got that will kill Luffy.

Luffy doesn't run away, but he will disengage and attack from a different angle, he did so plenty of times.

Look up Luffy's profile, he is heat resistent specifically when he is in his gears and this is his strongest gear with no time limit. Pre time skip Luffy wasn't as heat resistent as he is now, but now he can cause island level flame attacks from his fist. If Luffy can withstand his own flames despite being rubber than he can withstand Escanor's flames for a good while if not being completely immune to them in G4.

Another point to keep in mind is that Akainu's attacks are live magma, you can't compare an AoE heat wave to magma clinging onto you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back