• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can Izuku even hurt Luffy?

He has resistance to blunt force attacks, which is Izuku's only method of attacking.

I think Luffy's AP is 994 Megatons, it says he scales to Overdose Hody who is this strong on the verse page. His durability is 2 Gigatons maybe higher, since he can take a hit from Diable Jambe Sanji who is 2 Gigatons on the verse page as well.

Yea, I guess this match is kind of a stomp. I just thought it'd be cool since it'd be possible after the new MHA upgrade.

With the new tier revisions to One Piece, I think this match can be reevaluated and it might no longer be a stomp.

Deku's AP: 638 megatons, higher with Fa Jin

Deku's LS: 2.8990985e+12 kg (Class T)

Luffy's AP: 108.57 Megatons in Base, 217.14 Megatons with Gear 2, 434.28 Megatons with Gear 3

Luffy's LS: Higher than 1.05e+9 kg

Last edited:
From what I understand, how Luffy's rubber body resistance works is that it allows his body to stretch when he takes damage. However, if an attack is drastically stronger than he is, then there is a limit to how much Luffy's rubber body can stretch. In this case, there is a x6 AP difference between Deku and Luffy which Deku can increase using Fa Jin. Also, wouldn't the iron soles help Deku deliver an actual impact to Luffy? That might just be me making stupid assumptions, but I'm just wondering. Also, it was mentioned above, but Deku's been shown to be capable of using Blackwhip as a spear, meaning he could potentially pierce Luffy's body.

Here's the blog for Luffy's rubber body: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KingTempest16/Luffy's_Rubber_Physiology_Explanation_Blog

From what I understand, how Luffy's rubber body resistance works is that it allows his body to stretch when he takes damage. However, if an attack is drastically stronger than he is, then there is a limit to how much Luffy's rubber body can stretch. In this case, there is a x6 AP difference between Deku and Luffy which Deku can increase using Fa Jin. Also, wouldn't the iron soles help Deku deliver an actual impact to Luffy? That might just be me making stupid assumptions, but I'm just wondering. Also, it was mentioned above, but Deku's been shown to be capable of using Blackwhip as a spear, meaning he could potentially pierce Luffy's body.
A difference in strength needed to hurt Luffy is far higher than what Deku is capable of, see here to get an idea:

From what I understand, how Luffy's rubber body resistance works is that it allows his body to stretch when he takes damage. However, if an attack is drastically stronger than he is, then there is a limit to how much Luffy's rubber body can stretch. In this case, there is a x6 AP difference between Deku and Luffy which Deku can increase using Fa Jin. Also, wouldn't the iron soles help Deku deliver an actual impact to Luffy? That might just be me making stupid assumptions, but I'm just wondering.
I'm not that knowledge on One Piece but Luffy Vs Deku will always be a stomp unless Deku can someone one shot him with another method, but blunt force attacks won't work on him and the Iron Soles is basically going to be the same thing it's still blunt damage regardless.
Also, it was mentioned above, but Deku's been shown to be capable of using Blackwhip as a spear, meaning he could potentially pierce Luffy's body.
He's never used it in character or out of character, and I don't recall Blackwhip looking like a spear

Also, technically this was a necro, but I'll let it slide for today

Ok, I've figured out how to make this match even and no longer a stomp. I've given both characters prior knowledge of one another, and the location is on Nabu Island. Deku's got the higher AP, higher LS, and arguably higher stamina. So if they play the long game, Deku can wait for Luffy to tire himself out, since Deku's capable of withstanding enormous pain and fighting for several days and even weeks without rest. Luffy hasn't shown that kind of stamina, and since Deku has the AP advantage, it's going to be really hard for Luffy to wear Deku down. In addition, Deku can just use the combined force of Blackwhip and Fa Jin to stretch Luffy's body enough to send him flying into the water, which would instantly weaken Luffy. He could do the same thing if Luffy uses his Gear 3 and shrinks his body, or just use his superior LS with Blackwhip to throw him into the water.

Deku absolutely doesn't have higher stamina.

Deku takes the L via virtue of not being able to bypass that blunt resistance, he can't use Black-Whip to choke people out and gets vastly outskilled.

Horikoshi fr just killed off the main deuteragonist with no explanation, and has the nerve to say “no chapter next week” 🗿

Back