• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Superior CQC skill is veeeeeeery, veeeeeeeery questionable.

Like, I'd give it to Baam.

Baam has been training under people far more skilled than anyone in OP for years. And is currently capable of matching people with much more skill and experience than anyone in OP.

Luffy's advantage in CQC comes from precog, not from raw skill.

Also, range advantage is useless when Baam can cut his arms off with the Thryssa no problem, as he did to Gado.

The Calaca said:
I'm asking what is it because of PaChi's response.
An appendage that is summoned close to his arm. Its sword-like.

Thrysha would not only be slower than Luffy, but he'd see it coming out before he even gets close to it.

Anyway, I'll vote for Luffy. Baam is a bit stronger, but Luffy's faster, can disperse Shinsoo, Haki will prevent him from suffering the loss of an arm, has more range and with Precognition he'll be always one step ahead of Baam to dodge his attacks. Plus Goken, which makes the difference less troublesome.

The Thryssa has enough range to make it impossible for Luffy's arms to dodge it unless he somehow is able to bend them after being stretched.

Im talking of a situation similar to when he dodged Mihawks attack in Marineford. An already stretched arm is a static target for Baam.

He can snap them back, or move where he wouldn't be able to reach it. He's literally watching what he's going to do seconds before. He can come up with something in the meantime. He can stop him by punching him before he even gets the chance to use the Thryssa.

Using an obviously less experienced, skilled and versatile Luffy isn't a good argument. Mihawk curbstomps.

Would Luffy's precog be able to deal with omnidirectional Danmaku and Shinsoo AoE? In addition RPL will cover the speed gap as Baam can get stronger and faster during a fight, also Luffy's Gear 4th has already been affected by piercing attacks from someone slightly weaker than him (Cracker, though Haki has been involved so that he could hurt Luffy), I do not doubt that Baam does much more damage to Luffy than Cracker did with his superior AP and strength amps, plus he can use Fast Skip to paralyze Luffy without him knowing what's up that happened, thus giving Baam a chance to deal a fatal attack that will cause the rubber boi to gradually lose blood or even cut off a part of his body causing him to pass out.

About Goken, Baam will probably do what he did to Elaine's Fenryl, after being hit by this technique and knowing what happened, he will simply from away and begins use ranged shinsoo attacks to prevent it from hitting him again when he knows the danger of this technique.

He'd move before Baam starts.

So can Luffy. Haki has Accelerated Development and Luffy has as well.

Cracker's Haki was the strongest he has ever faced as stated by Luffy.

Well, Fast Skip paralyzes everyone in the environment that the user can reach, so Luffy will have to escape from kilometers away to prevent from Baam freezing him and considering that he has only one word to immobilize his opponent, I doubt Luffy can dodge from every Baam's attempts from paralyze him, at some point or another he will be affected by Fast Skip

The Calaca said:
Snake Spell?
Nope, Fast Skip, is not listed on Baam's season 3 profile's list of techniques because they are too many and eventually take up a lot of profile space, so I put a note with a link that leads to his season 2 list of techniqes

Right. Well, that seems okay, but again, it's done through Shinsoo immobilization, and Luffy can disperse it either with Goken or Conqueror's Haki (it'd do nothing to Baam), or just stop him before he can even pronunce the word.

I guess? His profile doesn't say that but he freezes the shinsoo in the enviroment. Plus, if Shinsoo can't be equalized with FT Magic which is the most similar thing I know about, I don't think it can be equalized to anything in One Piece.

Fast Skip description in his profile is wrong then, as it not just freezes shinsoo in the environment, but also everyone in the environment, the fact that he freezes shinsoo is due to intensive training, but the original purpose of Fast Skip is only affects those that are in the environment, not the shinsoo

That sounds like a game-changing ability. I'm surprised that this wasn't mention even slightly in other ToG matches.

Considering that Observation Haki required one to be in a calm state to be utilized at its full potential, Luffy would be driven mad and insane by Baam's shinsoo and lose his ability to focus on his Haki since he doesn't have resistances to either Madness and Fear Manipulation. Baam would then proceed to stomp on Luffy as he loses himself to despair.

Now I question the validity of other ToG matches that don't mention these particular abilities of Shinsoo like the Katakuri vs Dorian Frog.

Tbf it was just brought up a couple of months ago with all of the other passive abilities that got discussed like from Hunter X Hunter as well

I will come back to this, but Baam does not hax Fear/Madness Hax.

That is a fixture of the Tower itself. Baam could mimic these abilities, but he hasnt been shown and he probably doesnt know it could be used.

So no stomp, but more complicated. Are we equalizing Shinsoo = Haki btw? Sort of matters.

Edit: To avoid explaining myself in a long post, and to not make another CRT. Just know that Baam could mimic any shinsoo powers in the tower or by shinsoo users. But in this case, it is more like he hasnt been shown or doesnt know about these abilities. So this hax is a moot point atm. Possible, but not in character and it is likely he doesnt know about how to use these properties of Shinsoo (yet).

Back