• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy and Doflamingo upgrade needed

I still think that Doflamingo being 7-B when Jozu is High 7-A is illogical when Doflamingo could hold Jozu with Parasito with almost no resistance and Luffy could break out of it. Though, Jozu might not be High 7-A (his fight with Aokiji was off screen) anyways when Aokiji managed to practically one-shot him by freezing him.

Forgive me for my persistence, but it does not add up that Doflamingo would be below 7-A given that he was able to hold down the likes of Jozu while being able to fight Crocodile without receiving so much as a scratch while Crocodile took visible damage.

I don't want to force any of you to do a lot of work since I just made this post to suggest that Luffy and Doffy be upgraded if the calc was even remotely correct.

Kkapoios said:
I redid the calc using Potential energy and the scaling values Kambetal1 proposed
Thank you for the help.

Hfhfdgdg said:
I still think that Doflamingo being 7-B when Jozu is High 7-A is illogical when Doflamingo could hold Jozu with Parasito with almost no resistance and Luffy could break out of it. Though, Jozu might not be High 7-A (his fight with Aokiji was off screen) anyways when Aokiji managed to practically one-shot him by freezing him.
Forgive me for my persistence, but it does not add up that Doflamingo would be below 7-A given that he was able to hold down the likes of Jozu while being able to fight Crocodile without receiving so much as a scratch while Crocodile took visible damage.

I don't want to force any of you to do a lot of work since I just made this post to suggest that Luffy and Doffy be upgraded if the calc was even remotely correct.
MF was just inconsistent. Jozu could block Mihawk's attack, contend with Aokiji yet get parasited by Doflamingo?

Crocodile, who is MCB level, can tie with a city+ level character (Doflamingo)?

Just disregard the shitty powerscale and go with what's right.

Kambetal1: Your expertise is appreciated, but you will have to hold a respectful and helpful tone towards the staff if you are going to stay here.

Antvasima said:
Kambetal1: Your expertise is appreciated, but you will have to hold a respectful and helpful tone towards the staff if you are going to stay here.
I'm trying to be respectful as I can. Can you specifically point out where I was being offensive, because I'm making an active effort to avoid that.

Kambetal1 the mass Rib got is slightly bigger (he got 1.2e13 kg while my result was 0.99e13 kg)

The disk is almost straight so the i don't really see a problem with the height i assumed.

As a high school student and a mediocre calcer i have already stepped out of my confort zone using rotational energy etc ,so i suggest you do the calc yourself and DontTalk (who is probably the best calcer we have) will evaluate it.

@Kambetal1 Not now. Earlier. Thank you for making an effort.

Anyway, like Kkapoios said, we would appreciate if you could do the calculation yourself instead. We are very short on staff in the calculation group, and DontTalk is busy with exams.

I just want to thank everyone for putting so much time on these characters--trying to find a comfortable spot to scale them. I feel bad because of this post LOL D-=!

I'm sorry to ask this type of question, but until we get another calc for KKG (No other forum is even trying to do it from what I've researched >_<!) or this new one is considered to be accurate, if Doflamingo is being scaled to Zoro, who applied 11.5 MT with a simple slash (each haki infused slash afterwards should have applied similar force and were done in a combination), shouldn't Doflamingo be scaled to be "At least 7-B, likely 7-A" since he could stomp someone of Sanji's caliber (scaled slightly below Zoro) and could defeat Trafalgar Law with relative ease in both fights they had (scaled above Zoro) and "7-A" with usage of haki?

Unless you're sick of me persisting, please allow me to elaborate: Doflamingo showed no visible usage in blocking Sanji's kicks (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/723/20 , http://www.***********.net/one-piece/724/5) and left Sanji wounded with his Pentachromatic threads (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/724/4). He also defeated Law with relative ease when they were fighting on the bridge while only using Pentachromatic threads and no usage of haki (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/729/5 it is shown that Law is being pushed back throughout their fight despite using his "Room" for most of it and he was easily defeated the moment he tried to counter: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/729/7)

(I'd like for their first fight to be referred to more than their 2nd fight since Law was using verbal attacks to shock Doflamingo and Doflamingo fears the legend of "D" by at least some degree, allowing Law to land a couple blows--though Doflamingo still easily caught and defeated Law: http://www.***********.net/one-piece/769/5)

Haki is not something that Doflamingo or anyone around his level can use for extended periods of time. G4 Luffy is a perfect example. Haki should be set to the side for each character who uses haki since it is temporary. For Doflamingo, he should be listed as "At least 7-B, 7-A with haki and awakening" if we're powerscaling him to Zoro, though I think he should be scaled to Jozu since he was capable of holding him down with his threads.

I am sorry if I am being annoying and being unreasonable in any way, but given that Zoro was shown applying several attacks that were each comparable to his initial attack (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/778/11 , http://www.***********.net/one-piece/778/12) and after defeating Pica, he was simply out of breath for a few moments before being perfectly fine afterwards. If we're powerscaling Doflamingo to Zoro until we get clarification on the KKG DC (which I understand is hard to pinpoint given that the punch was deminished and the timeframe might need to be guesstimated given that we can't see Luffy's exact position after Doflamingo hit the underground port since the view is angled differently), Doflamingo should still be Large City Level (7-A) at the very least via powerscaling to Zoro (higher if powerscaled to Jozu).

Kkapoios said:
Kambetal1 the mass Rib got is slightly bigger (he got 1.2e13 kg while my result was 0.99e13 kg)
The disk is almost straight so the i don't really see a problem with the height i assumed.

As a high school student and a mediocre calcer i have already stepped out of my confort zone using rotational energy etc ,so i suggest you do the calc yourself and DontTalk (who is probably the best calcer we have) will evaluate it.
I'll do so.

I think that I already placed him at "At least 7-B. Likely 7-A".

Yes, within reason, which is why he is "Likely 7-A", although technically other things from Whitebeard War did not make much sense, such as Crocodile also matching Doflamingo despite losing to a much weaker version of Luffy.

Crocodile was likely "slapped awake" after being defeated by Luffy. Excessive torture in Impel down could have helped him become as he was when he was a Rookie and fought WB by returning his "old mindset" ( we don't know how he was when he was younger other than the fact that he must have been strong enough to compete with a younger Whitebeard). It is known that Crocodile was at Alabasta for around 20 years. He became weak due to laziness and killed numerous rookie/fodder pirates that showed up. He saw Luffy as being the same as the rest of the fodder. Their first fight was practically him playing with Luffy, the second fight having Luffy with prep time, the third fight having both exhausted and some plot armor for Luffy, though the fight technically ended in a draw due to Crocodile poisoning Luffy.

Doflamingo didn't use haki against Crocodile during their initial encounter but Crocodile was shown to have taken a couple of hits (extra bruises and a small cut along his hair line) when he is seen again--intercepting Mihawk's strike--while Doflamingo was unscathed when he is seen attempting to kill Moriah.

I might have to save this for another topic, but both Luffy and Crocodile might have been low 7-C during the Alabasta arc given that, while both were injured, they destroyed the underground temple and Luffy sent Crocodile through bedrock and did this (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/210/4) amount of destruction while also sending Crocodile dozens of meters above the ground (maybe more given that some time passed before Crocodile fell down and hit the pavement). Crocodile was also simultaneously keeping rain from falling on Alabasta, which is calced as being between 3,100 and 4,800 km. It came back the moment he was KO'd. Stopping the entire country from having rain but being able to fight at a 8-A~low 7-C capacity should make it convincing that he could have been 7-B+ during the war.

Well, I think that you are most likely grasping to justify a story inconsistency plot hole.

Yes, even if Crocodile was even 7-C during Alabasta (which he was definitely not), it would not add up that he was 7-B since he was in Impel Down for the entire time. I'm just stating whatever plot convenience happened. It is likely he was just rusty during the Alabasta arc, though... 20 years of doing nothing.

Back