• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy and Doflamingo upgrade needed

I agree with Ant. Kambetal and Basilisk (is that right?) more or less pointed out how flawed Rib78's calc of Luffy's KKG(?) was. A recalculation of the feat would be nice to have to see what it's actual result is.

DontTalk will likely be busy with another project the next few days, so I have asked Kkapoios for help.

Basilisk1995 said:
@Illuminati478
""Edit: while trying to keep the rate of unintentional offense taken to a minimum, I will say this; I do not require a math lesson of problems I already understood from your first post on the issue, thanks.""

Sorry if you got offended.I was just trying to make myself clear.
i was saying while that while i didn't want to offend anyone, i don't need to see walls of text about things i already know, i didn't take offense to that wall of text....

Illuminati478 said:
Basilisk1995 said:
@Illuminati478
""Edit: while trying to keep the rate of unintentional offense taken to a minimum, I will say this; I do not require a math lesson of problems I already understood from your first post on the issue, thanks.""

Sorry if you got offended.I was just trying to make myself clear.
i was saying while that while i didn't want to offend anyone, i don't need to see walls of text about things i already know, i didn't take offense to that wall of text....

I assumed you are not the only one who was gonna read it.There are people who don't know math like you.They could have asked for further clarification.I was just being thorough.Let's drop this topic anyway since the main topic got resolved.

just as a note:

ok, just to make one thing clear

these calcs, like all other ones are physics, not really just math

it wud be gr8 if people started calling them physics since we, in all cases are dealing with calculations of physical phenomeenon (it makes it more accurate in terms of meaning)

We can call it whatever we want. It's not even difficult physics, 99% of calcs can be picked up from a 7th grade book.

Anyway, I can do a potential energy revision of the feat, that way it's impossible to refute.

Rib78 did do potential energy but he used translational potential energy, since this is a rotational calc a different formula is used.

than do it...

also:

"We can call it whatever we want. It's not even difficult physics, 99% of calcs can be picked up from a 7th grade book. "

if you happan to live in america where they teach this in seventh grade, i started to learn the useful portion of physics at 10th grade....

Well physics is only taught at 10th grade usually, but it's pretty much the equivalent of grade 7 or less mathematics.

1/2 x a number x a number? Volumes? Please this isn't difficult

I'm not in the calc group and for good reason since I'm contentious and I piss people off easily. Don't feel like it. Here's a picture of a giraffe instead
7b7b7fac88ead0c1b89573c781123b0f
Cute right

Well, I would appreciate if somebody could redo the calculation properly in any case.

I can ask the calculation group to look it over afterwards.

It seems like we will have to downgrade Luffy, Doflamingo, and Law to City level, and Zoro and Sanji to Small City level.

I am uncertain what cutting up Pika was calculated as, but would appreciate if you or somebody else could find the calculation.

Well'the intension of this thread was to upgrade Luffy and Doflamingo instead Luffy,Zoro,Sanji,Doflamingo and Law all are about to get a downgrade.Is this what people call ironic?

On topic: Doesn't it downgrade Sabo as well??OR, is he powerscaled to Small Island level from Fujitora??

Well, given that Zoro's feat was more impressive, we will have to scale Luffy, Doflamingo, and Law to "At least City level (scaling from Zoro)" instead.

I am uncertain what to do about Sabo. Did he fight a serious Fujitora?

Antvasima said:

No.Fujitora was fully intending to let Sabo get away.And Fujitora was just defending.I don't remember any attack from him.

Sabo was fighting seriously, but Fujitora was simply blocking. He only attacked with a single named attack before going back into a defensive stance. Sabo is likely only City Level as well if this calc is correct.

only 10 megatons does seem reasonable with Zoro applying 11+ to his attack on Pica since the KKG punch was diminished by Spider Thread and God's Execution. I guess Luffy and Doflamingo are City Level or possibly Large City Level if this is the case, but it seems too low considering Doflamingo's kick did this (http://www.***********.net/one-piece/745/5) (I think this kick should be calculated) without any visible use of Armament haki and it was fairly casual and the Punch from Luffy being diminished by Spider Thread and God's Execution + the fact that we don't know the exact time frame or how far Luffy fell.

Antvasima said:
Why did you assume his calculation was correct?

I already did the exact same thing that he did before (assuming a 1 metre fall) except he pulled out a whole new unnecessary and poor scaling off of a skewed image. 390m is already accepted for thickness. With 1 metre assumption, the energy was 32.1 gigatons.

32.1 gigatons? Unlikely, but After analyzing the calc, there was A LOT missing. Kkapoios assumed Luffy's free fall without looking at chapter 791 (which shows Luffy's position at a different angle immediately AFTER Doflamingo hit the underground port) and downgraded the size of the ground that was uplifted. He at least applied a Gigaton of force. 10 Megatons may seem reasonable when scaling to Zoro, but Luffy should be physically superior and he ripped through a Spider thread (+God's thread), which was capable of fully stopping Law's Tact and Luffy's Elephant pistol without stressing. It would be unlikely for the punch to be 10 megatons when Doflamingo is much more durable than the meteorite that struck Green Bit.

Here is the scans showing Luffy's position before KKG and immediately after Doflamingo crashed into the underground port: he fell arguably less than a meter

http://www.***********.net/one-piece/790/15 , http://www.***********.net/one-piece/790/16 , http://www.***********.net/one-piece/791/2

I believe with these scans, one can make a suitable time frame. I am not that good with calculations, but he applied at least a Gigaton of force with very little doubt.

I made this thread in hopes of getting Luffy and Doflamingo an upgrade--it would kill me if they ended up being put on the lower end of 7-B instead of high 7-A.

edit: in the chapter 791 scan that i posted, the view is directed upwards, but Luffy is seemingly around the area where he fired off his KKG. He should not have fallen more than a meter.

Okay. In lack of better options, I have now attempted to rescale all relevant One Piece characters from Zoro's City level feat.

However, there is also the possibility of scaling Doflamingo from Jozu who is scaled from almost matching Aokiji, which would reflect on Gear 4 Luffy and possibly Trafalgar Law as well, although that is more uncertain.

There is also the possibility that we can scale Sabo from Admiral Fujitora.

I think it's better to leave them at 7-B until they explicitly show something better.But putting Sabo,Luffy,Doffy, Law and Kid at Likely 7-A doesn't seem too far fetched.Because

1.Every OP character stronger than the said ones are solid island level.And the said characters aren't supposed to be much weaker than them.

2.We know that fujitora wasn't trying to actually capture Doffy or Law but still Doffy and Law kept up with Fujitora for a while and later so did Sabo.

So, Luffy,Doffy,Law,Sabo,Kid = At least 7-B, Likely/Possibly 7-A (likely or possibly which one is better?)

Zoro= At least 7-B (his city level slash was quiet casual)

Sanji,Vergo,Smoker,Pica,Chinjao=7-B

About Zoro: Well, he was in the lower bounds of City level, so I am not sure if we can place him as "at least".

I agree about the rest, but we should probably wait for more input.

Never mind. Nobody seems interested for the moment, so I will apply your suggested changes in the meantime.

Well, from what I understand, the calculation uses a similar method to the one that was used and disproven previously. I may be wrong though.

Yes. Unless somebody redoes the calculation with another method and gets a much higher value.

Antvasima said:
Never mind. Nobody seems interested for the moment, so I will apply your suggested changes in the meantime.
7-B without the at least should be done because this is base Zoro's strongest attack. His asura mode should have a different rating from his base so we can't say at least 7-B in base because we know that he's city level at best already.

Kkapaios I pointed out the problems with the revision. You don't need to go to efforts to scale since rib78 already did all that for you.

Just use the correct rotational energy formula. Translational energy is completely different from rotational and some of your scalings are flawed too. I'm glad to see that you're taking my advice anyway.

Back