• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and one more thing. In the commentary the actor for Blonsky said he was running 40 MPH. Could this warrent a upgrade from Peak Human to Superhuman?

I do not think that we can use commentary for upgrades, but the healing seems reasonable.

Blonksy in that first Hulk movie was able to keep up with Hulk as asuper soldier so it lends credence to Transonic Super soldiers. (in combat).

You should ask Matthew to evaluate this, and comment here.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Oh, and Blonksy has the Super Soldier Serum iirc, so he should be comparable to Captain America.

He does. Ross mentions it to him and later gives him a vial of it. He should be comparable to both, like how those other Winter Soldiers were comparable to Bucky. In theory at least

So Blonsky gets a Regenerationn/healing factor tag, Winter Soldier gets a minor one, and Blonsky might get a possible physical upgrade?

Okay. Thanks. I think that they can be applied then.

So Winter Soldier gets Low Regenerationn, Blonsky gets Mid-Low or High-Low, and depending on how people feel Blonsky's physicals get upgraded from Athelte to Peak Human or Superhuman levels.

I am not sure. I handle many different topics every day, so the specifics are hard to remember at times. Can you remind me of the rationales?

Winter Soldier: Healded from his wounds from Iron man within a few days, scales to other Super Soldiers who can survive a deep freezing process and Cap healing from his brusies within a short amount of time

Blonsky: After being kicked by the Hulk and having every bone in his body crushed, he healed back into fighting shape within a few hours

Possible Blonsky Upgrades: Scaling from other Super Soliders mostly, outran the Hulk for a bit, maybe upgrading his lifting strenth from Unknown to whatever it is to casually lift a fully ground adult with one hand

Sorta iffy Blonsky Upgrades: A full overhaul that makes him have similar stats to Captain America/Winter Soldier since he's taken the same Super Soldier serum

So yes to the first two, what about the last ones? Or is Blonsky getting such a universal stat upgrade unresonable?

You can ask Matthew to comment here again about the last two changes. I am extremely busy, and do not have the time to properly evaluate this.

Well Blonsky could just have a unique reaction to the serum. But who knows, if everyone sorta gets the same standard boost then that means both Bucky and Captain America could theortically heal from the same amount of damage. But feat wise they shouldn't (as shown by the ending of Winter Soldier with Cap in a hospital iirc)

I do not think that we should scale Cap's Regenerationn from Blonsky, if he has not displayed it to anywhere near the same degree.

Captain America should scale to Blonsky's Regenerationn. I have no problem if their Regenerationn gets bumped up to Low-Mid, but it seems just...strange.

Well, the Hulk movie has been ignored by the rest of the MCU. I am not sure if we should count it or not.

In any case, Captain America has not displayed anywhere near that kind of Regenerationn, so the later authors have definitely not based his abilities on those of Blonsky.

Sorta weird then. If Blonsky does scale to Cap physically that means everyone that took the SSS has his level of regen. If he doesn't scale directly then it doesn't matter.

Antvasima said:
Well, the Hulk movie has been ignored by the rest of the MCU. I am not sure if we should count it or not.

It's been referenced a lot in Avengers, in Agents of Shield, and in some bonus content in bonus features (like the Thor dvd). I wouldn't say it's ignored.

Okay. Let's just say that Blonsky did not get the exact same serum as Cap then, or rather that the writers forgot about his abilities.

I'd go with that. Like maybe that the serum just reacts differently with people. Blonsky got a far better healing factor while having lowered physicals.

I think that quickly healing a body full of broken bones would be somewhere in-between Low and Low-Mid Regenerationn.

Somebody needs to ask Matthew to comment here.

Should this be an upgrade to Cap's, or is it a proof of example type scenario. I consider that it should, as mutliple times they have stated that this is pretty much a copy paste of the serum.

Also, i deleted the last comment, as i though you were talking about the Winter Soldier's injuries, not Blonsky's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back