• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low multiversal multiplier revision

I've been curious to delve into this more for some answers.

While it's true, the distance between said Space-Times are unknowable, does that even matter? The idea of being a Low-Multiverse character is the concept of them being able to affect two separate Space-Time Continuum regardless of distance. If there's any distance at all between 2 Space-Times, and said Universes are destroyed, that's a Low-Multi feat.

So essentially, if a Low-Multi character multiplied their power by say twice their current power which can affect 2 Space-Times, they'd be able to affect 4 Space-Times if they were close enough. Meaning realistically, they should still scale to 4x Low-Multiverse level. If the distance between 2 stars is known, and a character destroys them yields Multi-Solar System level results, and their power is multiplied by 4, their AP would logically increase by 4x. But by this assertion, just because we don't know the distance between the next set of Stars (or Universes in this case) we can't say they've grown linearly 4x above what they were capable of because the next pair of stars could be way further out? That doesn't make a whole lot a sense, because if said Stars were close enough to be in range of the 4x amplified Attack's range, they'd subsequently be destroyed. Only with multiple Space-Times, the distance between them doesn't matter as destroying 2 Space-Times regardless of the unknowable space between them which can range from 1 millimeter to trillions of lightyears apart is 2-C
I assume I'll get a response to this, though I wanted to add more. I should note that I'm not opposed to siding against multipliers for 2-C characters, but I do want answers to questions I've had and want to be as accurate as possible.

But here's the thing, you say since the distance between 2 Space-Times can be random that multipliers can't be used. As the third Universe in a set could be far further away than the previous two from each other.

To that, I say, yea, only in THEIR Universe. If we placed them in another fictional setting where the space between Space-Times's are shown to be defined and equal with each set, then a multiplier would increase their rating as logically the multiplier would double the quantity of energy and thus area of effect. So if they could destroy 2 Space-Times, then hypothetically, in said verse where the space between all sets are exactly equal, then a 2x increase would allow them to destroy 4. Byt if we throw them in another fictional setting they suddenly aren't 4x Low Multi?

Or another hypothetical. Someone destroys 2 Space-Times with a single blast. Logically, if someone multiplied their power by 4, they'd have 4x the quantity of energy, so say they created an attack, and split said attack into 4 different energy blasts. Meaning each blast divided from the power of one attack would be capable of destroying a Space-Time each. Each blast is then placed into a separate space-time, each which is destroyed. Now said character who's power was multiplied by 2 is 4x simply because of how they chose to approach destroying said Space-Times.

Since space is undefined between Space-Times, we might as well ignore it outside of the fact that at least some distance needs to exist between the two for them to be seperate, thus multipliers should work the potency of the attack is increased to a point where it would logically destroy a larger set of Space-Times had they been within range.

If it were Low 2-C, I can understand, as the distance from the nearest Space-Time is unknown, but for 2-C? The attack already has AoE to destroy two space-time, meaning if multiplied, then logically the next set of Space-Times would be destroyed had they been in range.

This would be like if we made a "Multi-Star" tier and it's only requirement is more than 1 star regardless of the distance between the two. Logically if someone increased their power by 4x, they'd be able to output 4x what they could before, or in other words "4x star level". That's just an analogy of what I'm trying to get across.

I assume I'll get a response to this, though I wanted to add more. I should note that I'm not opposed to siding against multipliers for 2-C characters, but I do want answers to questions I've had and want to be as accurate as possible.

But here's the thing, you say since the distance between 2 Space-Times can be random that multipliers can't be used. As the third Universe in a set could be far further away than the previous two from each other.

To that, I say, yea, only in THEIR Universe. If we placed them in another fictional setting where the space between Space-Times's are shown to be defined and equal with each set, then a multiplier would increase their rating as logically the multiplier would double the quantity of energy and thus area of effect. So if they could destroy 2 Space-Times, then hypothetically, in said verse where the space between all sets are exactly equal, then a 2x increase would allow them to destroy 4. Byt if we throw them in another fictional setting they suddenly aren't 4x Low Multi?

Or another hypothetical. Someone destroys 2 Space-Times with a single blast. Logically, if someone multiplied their power by 4, they'd have 4x the quantity of energy, so say they created an attack, and split said attack into 4 different energy blasts. Meaning each blast divided from the power of one attack would be capable of destroying a Space-Time each. Each blast is then placed into a separate space-time, each which is destroyed. Now said character who's power was multiplied by 2 is 4x simply because of how they chose to approach destroying said Space-Times.

Since space is undefined between Space-Times, we might as well ignore it outside of the fact that at least some distance needs to exist between the two for them to be seperate, thus multipliers should work the potency of the attack is increased to a point where it would logically destroy a larger set of Space-Times had they been within range.

If it were Low 2-C, I can understand, as the distance from the nearest Space-Time is unknown, but for 2-C? The attack already has AoE to destroy two space-time, meaning if multiplied, then logically the next set of Space-Times would be destroyed had they been in range.

This would be like if we made a "Multi-Star" tier and it's only requirement is more than 1 star regardless of the distance between the two. Logically if someone increased their power by 4x, they'd be able to output 4x what they could before, or in other words "4x star level". That's just an analogy of what I'm trying to get across.
Just give a TLDR

Hm, unsure of how I'd shorten that, but I'll give it a try.

Low 2-C is 1 Space-Time, with distance being undefined and unknown. Thus multipliers aren't applicable.

2-C is 2 Space-Time, with the distance between the two being defined, but unknowable. Thus multipliers should be applicable as you're multiplying the Space-Times plus the distance between the two.

Literally, the only thing preventing it from being true is the distance being unknown. Yet if the Space between said Universes was equal, the multiplier would work.

So why not accept multipliers if the distance between the two Universes is neglected anyways (As you can be Low-Multi regardless of the distance between two space-times, whether they be separate by plank length or lightyears) as it's clear their output increases by said amount, meaning the ONLY problem isn't their power not being enough, but AoE not being enough, as logically if said power was split into multiple parts and placed in however amount of Space-Times, it'd destroy them all thanks to the multiplier.

Low-Multi is defined by HOW many Space-Times you destroy, not the distance between a set of them, thus the distance shouldn't matter once you're already 2-C.

Does that work as a TLDR?

Back