• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Tournament - Deku vs Wyper

Yup. Anything the dial absorbs gets sent back with 10x it's original strength, although it also harms Wyper (not by that 10x though, just by a notable amount).
Man that... was not on the page. What are the specifics of that? Like how easy is it to use, are there limits on the attacks, can it be dodged?

Man that... was not on the page. What are the specifics of that? Like how easy is it to use, are there limits on the attacks, can it be dodged?
He has to place the dial against the enemy then activate it. This video shows it pretty alright. But yeah it can be dodged and he can only use it like twice before he’s totally messed up, a 3rd time basically kills him.

I mean the fact that it hurts him doesn't really matter given that 10x is a one-shot. That said even with a LS advantage with him needing to put his arms on the other person's chest it looks pretty easy to counter ngl.

Wyper is quite effective at utilizing the reject dial. He keeps it hidden at all times, and when he uses it, he restrains his opponent either through grappling, seastone (though it's not effective here), or by willingly getting hurt to restrict his opponent:
g8aMyy8.jpg
RFBoFpV.jpg
CoovAqD.jpg

a5hEaUI.jpg
VpXfdyP.jpg
JSwClsK.jpg

Wyper is quite effective at utilizing the reject dial. He keeps it hidden at all times, and when he uses it, he restrains his opponent either through grappling, seastone (though it's not effective here), or by willingly getting hurt to restrict his opponent:
g8aMyy8.jpg
RFBoFpV.jpg
CoovAqD.jpg

a5hEaUI.jpg
VpXfdyP.jpg
JSwClsK.jpg
It feels like deku could just smack his way out of any of those still, hard to counter while your arms are busy placing the thing

Black Whip should be able to get Wyper off pretty easily. Fa Jin’s speed should be able to evade. Precognition is only good if you have good evasive abilities. What’s the point of seeing it coming if you literally dont have the capabilities of evading? Deku has those capabilities as I’ve outlined.

When Deku knows how dangerous that right arm is he is definitely going to do his absolute best to avoid it.

Precognition is only good if you have good evasive abilities. What’s the point of seeing it coming if you literally dont have the capabilities of evading? Deku has those capabilities as I’ve outlined.
And Shura and Enel don't?

Shura literally flies on a bird and specializes in arial combat. Enel can literally turn into lightning and essentially teleport wherever he wants.

And Shura and Enel don't?

Shura literally flies on a bird and specializes in arial combat. Enel can literally turn into lightning and essentially teleport wherever he wants.

Does Shura have precog or higher LS? Does Enel have higher LS?

Enel should’ve escaped pretty easily considering he’s literally lightning. I think he just wanted to flex that he wouldn’t die from that attack iirc. Did he revive his heart in the next panel?

"Characters couldn't beat this technique" isn't a very strong argument when there's an obvious way that they could have. If the argument hinges on the dials then I don't think those are a viable wincon.

Wyper is absolutely no stranger to Deku's analytical prediction and danger sense, since he's dealt with Enel and his minions Mantra (Observation Haki). Actually, Mantra is a far better version of what Deku already has, allowing them to know peoples emotions, intent with attack, sense their presence, and even read their mind. Considering that Wyper was able to surprise two masters of this, it isn't out of the question that he would be able to do the same to Deku.

"Characters couldn't beat this technique" isn't a very strong argument when there's an obvious way that they could have. If the argument hinges on the dials then I don't think those are a viable wincon.
That is fair, but I'm just pointing out that he has experience with people who can predict his movements on a much higher level than Deku.

That is fair, but I'm just pointing out that he has experience with people who can predict his movements on a much higher level than Deku.
Overall that's fine, just saying I don't see the Dials playing a massive role

Much higher level how? The description and showings for intermediate kenbun Haki seem on par at best for what Deku’s Danger Sense does, in terms of reading intentions and dodging.

Before I begin spouting, I would like to say that Danger Sense is permanently active. So it’s lowkey impossible for Wyper to catch Deku off guard since he can not only sense where Wyper is at all times but will always get a spike that details any attack Wyper is going for (as shown when he knew to kick a bullet away despite not seeing it coming from behind him, or reacting to ShigAFO’S intended counter attack before he was even done setting it up).

I will now go into how Deku’s way of defense is not boiled down to “precog,” because if the only argument that Wyper has to not get dodged is “he could land hits on someone that had precog so he gets past Deku’s precog,” then his supporters will be sorely upset to realize Deku doesn’t even need his precog half the time.

To start: Danger Sense is only part of how he dodges things. Deku’s intelligence and Analytical Prediction is far more impressive than Danger Sense, as all that Quirk does is alert him easier. He can literally learn and begin predicting all of Wyper’s movements within a few seconds of seeing him fighting. He can predict where Wyper is gonna shoot, how he’s gonna move, damn near everything from less than a minute of battling him.

To put this into perspective: Deku fought Gentle Criminal, a person who moved so fast and random with his rubber quirk that Deku’s base analytical prediction couldn’t keep up (Note: Deku’s base prediction at that point could keep up with someone being intangible in the ground with no presence, and who he only saw fight for less than 10 seconds before being able to predict where he would appear and already be attacking him as he’s leaving the ground). Deku, after being initially stumped and saying it was impossible to predict Gentle, not even a full 30 seconds later, could perfectly calculate all of Gentle’s movements, what he would do, how he would respond, and then memorized the exact placements of his rubber barriers in order to accurately bounce his Air Force attacks off them to hit Gentle. All of this while the air barriers were invisible.

This was before Deku even got Danger Sense.

This then all gets amplified when he fights Nagant, someone whose ranged attacks constantly outpaced him. She was so good with her own predictions, that from a kilometer away, she could predict Deku’s random movements between buildings enough to curve bullets around said buildings to hit him, shooting him at impossible angles with skill alone, even getting past his Danger Sense as her bullets got faster the closer he got to her.

Deku then proceeded to reverse predict her own predictions to the point that he could dodge barrages of her bullets at an even closer range, then tracked her down by calculating the trajectories of her bullets to find her.

Sure, Wyper has surprised two users that have Danger Sense like capabilities. That doesn’t mean jack in a straight up fight where Deku’s main goal is “get to Wyper and restrain him.” The second Wyper tries anything, he’s already getting wrapped up in Blackwhip and smacked around with no way to get out. Danger Sense is solely an extra defensive measure, the main point for Deku is his intelligence. If he sees Wyper move, he will already know what he’s trying to do/if it’s an attack or not. Wyper managing to surprise Deku and hit him with his reject dial, especially when Deku is far more mobile and has disgustingly more versatility, is doubtful imo.

Its not even about muhhhh better prediction. It goes deeper than that.

Enel knew that no one had the ability to kill him so he just had a habit of killing their hopes. I wouldn’t say that Enel never anticipated the reject dial. He even says that Wyber was going to use it. It was just all an elaborate display to show the strawhats that he can’t be killed.

Deku has no reason to do all of that stuff.

That proves that Enel didn’t even bother struggling to free himself form Wyber. It was all a ruse to kill everyone’s hopes.

Basically:

Wyper and Deku fight for literally any amount of time and Deku will be able to predict any of Wyper’s movements or attacks. Danger Sense despite being perma-precog is just assistance for this.

Wyper getting the chance to touch Deku with the Reject Dial and not just getting wrapped up, dodged, kicked away or blown back with an Air Pressure attack, is very unlikely.

I haven’t even brought up Fa Jin yet.

Well, I can at least say I tried for the chad Wyper, but I know when I'm beat (Get ready for Zoro to come in and be able to match all of Deku's shit + Dura Neg). Voting Deku.

Back