• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Tirek vs Perfect Cell

Can Tirek destroy the core cell on his head? Because if he can't, Cell is just gonna keep coming back stronger; although I think he only learned Instant Transmission as Super Perfect Cell, so sending him through a portal could work.

Anything stopping Tirek from holding Cell down and stealing his KI? Tirek is at least willing to absorb the blasts people throw at him.

Do you mean Magic Absorption? I don't see Ki/Chi/Energy absorption on his profile.

How far can Tirek send people through his portals and can his portals be evaded?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Can Tirek destroy the core cell on his head? Because if he can't, Cell is just gonna keep coming back stronger; although I think he only learned Instant Transmission as Super Perfect Cell, so sending him through a portal could work.
Can't Cell regen from that?

AKM sama said:
Do you mean Magic Absorption? I don't see Ki/Chi/Energy absorption on his profile.
How far can Tirek send people through his portals and can his portals be evaded?
I think there was another thread where it was argued that magic is much like ki in mechanics.

@Paulo.junior.969 and not only that, Tirek also isn't able to absorb Cell's power, since Cell doesn't have Magic, but Ki; And Magic, Ki and Chakra are entirely different.

Straika said:
@Paulo.junior.969 and not only that, Tirek also isn't able to absorb Cell's power, since Cell doesn't have Magic, but Ki; And Magic, Ki and Chakra are entirely different.
Verse equalization

Can Tirek even absorb anything mid-fight? He tried to do that with Twilight and it didn't work because she just teleported out of the way, althrough he did absorb the flight from the Pegasi while they were attacking him.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Can Tirek even absorb anything mid-fight? He tried to do that with Twilight and it didn't work because she just teleported out of the way, althrough he did absorb the flight from the Pegasi while they were attacking him.
He did it with Shining Armor.

didn't cell get the teleportation while fighting goku?

That isn't super perfect cell.

In-fact, I'm sure he learned it before becoming super perfect

DB makes a clear distinction between ki and magic in their own canon. Even the WoG doesn't describe ki as anything like magic.

That isn't my point.

What they are called like doesn't matter. An mutagenic energy that poisons the user will not be equalied with DBZ ki even if its called that.

The same works the other way around. As long as it acts like it, magic can very well be equlized with ki instead of DB magic, what its called like doesn't change that.

So how does his absorption work?

Cell doesn't have IT in this form. He only got IT when he became SPC. Although I think the portals can be avoided if Cell gets out of its range. Spawning Cell juniors will also come in handy.

AKM sama said:
So how does his absorption work?

Cell doesn't have IT in this form. He only got IT when he became SPC. Although I think the portals can be avoided if Cell gets out of its range. Spawning Cell juniors will also come in handy.
Tirek restrains with TK and absorbs, sometimes not, sometines hes not above absorbing oncoming attacks. He just sorta opens his mouth and Idk "breathes" the energy into him. Basically imagine sucking in air, but instead of air, it's your opponents energy.

How is magic treated in MLP?

In Dragon Ball, Ki is the culmination of a being's Life Force brought about in a combination effort of Mental, Physical and Spiritual power. Magic in the Dragon Ball world is basically like The Force, where Wizards or Witches perform supernatural acts via basically reality warping. (Lets face it, that's what it is).

No, saying Ki and MLP Magic both get power ups via the power of Friendship is not evidence. That's basically every shonen show ever. Also Dragon Ball gets powerups from rage too so it isn't just POWAH OF FRIENDSHIP!

Actually, reading from the wikia page, it seems to work too differently to be equalized with Ki. Magic in Ponyville is used to make the ground more fertile, you can't do this with Ki. You can imbue objects with Ki to make them stronger, but not to do a specific effect like that. If you could, Goku or Piccolo would've at least tried it on Goku's farm.

Magic is also not something innate in the MLP verse. An Earth Pony does not innately have magic, at least none that is "Notable". They have a "Magical Connection to the earth" from WoG, but this doesn't mean that removing this connection would kill them. Take away all the Ki from a regular human in the DB world and they're dead.

You're supposed to equalize the similar stuff with different names. You're not going to equalize all types of energies across verses.

Back