• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings revision

Jucaslucas said:
Although, does it make any difference if Feanor is stronger than Fingolfin or vice versa? Wouldn't their tiers still be the same?

Not necessarily. Fingolfin wounded a bit, but was no match at all for, a High 7-A (we think) being like Morgoth (pure physical ability), which would only require him to be "At Least 7-A." Feanor fought a large group of Balrogs (all 7-A, again we THINK) including most significantly their leader, Gothmog. He did so single-handedly, for a LONG period of time (implied to be many minutes if not something like an hour). This makes people strongly believe (rightly so) that if it was one-on-one, he could have beaten an opponent like Gothmog, which would place Feanor at High 7-A.

Of course, as many have pointed out, any actual "feats" in LOTR and the Silmarillion are for the most part very, very vague, so all of this is very difficult to determine with certainty.

"I remember somewhere in the LotR about every star being it's own galaxy or something similar, i'll have to recheck it. We know that there are at least 2 universes in LotR: The Prime and Behind the Doors of Night. We can safely assume that Eru or Melkor created the parallel dimension behind the Doors of Night."---I do not remember ANYTHING along these lines, and I have read LOTR, the Silmarillion, and the History of Middle Earth each at least three times. Also, there is no actual matter or energy behind the Doors of Night; it is just a vast empty void. Melkor never creates anything there, either, as the nature of it being a void renders him powerless (although there's a prophecy that he will somehow manage to eventually regain his power there and break through the Gates).

If you look at maps of the overall universe of Ea as diagrammed by Tolkien, the parts containing actual physical matter are very small and close-by the planet of Arda, itself. The stars are suspended in the region of "Ilmen," or "upper air," rather than in a true vacuum much further from the planet, and appear to actually be quite small. If folks want I could go hunt down again the link for such maps.

Back