• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Ring profiles

I've been looking at the profiles and I can see so many mistakes

The "MFTL" feats
The MFTL feats come from people scaling to Ancalagon the Black who fought Vingilot

Issues:

1. Vingilot doesn't have a profile

2. The feat is "Vingilot can go through into the cold void of space and return in less than a day". Okay, this either needs to be calculated or needs to stop being used. Plus, what's the context of this feat?

The "6-B" feats
Where do these feats even come from? I have looked at almost every profile and I don't see anything that justifies the 6-B rating

Boromir's profile
Why is he not just 9-C? Most swords are in the 9-C range so

Issues with Eru Il├║vatar's profile
As much as I like his profile, his profile lacks scans for almost every hax on his profile

The "3-B" rating
The profiles say "Helped build the physical universe".

Okay, so I have a question. Why is this 3-B? This sounds like 3-A if anything.

MFTL. First off, I have no idea how you wold calc that; second off all, I most have forgotten to add the second feat, which was the Ainur traveling through the Void of space to Arda. I'll make a CRT to add that (If anyone comments!).

6-B. They come from Ossë. I checked and you can find him in the scaling chain, so you must have just missed.

Boromir. You are right.

Eru. He is supposed to have all the powers of the Ainur, except Zach messed with the page and no one looked at my CRT to fix it.

3-A. As much as I would love another LOTR upgrade, they only built parts of the universe. It took them all together to build the whole universe.

@MasterOfArda

What currently needs to be fixed in the profiles?

"3-A. As much as I would love another LOTR upgrade, they only built parts of the universe. It took them all together to build the whole universe."

The profiles say they built the physical universe, so shouldn't it just say "They built part of the universe" instead?

I believe Boromir should be 9-C and all the Ainur should be given an extra note on there speed stat for why they are MFTL+ (For crossing the void).

Okay. That is probably fine for you to apply if you wish.

Okay, I looked at the 6-B feat and "Rose N├║menor from the sea, though the effort he put into accomplishing such a feat is unknown. Should be comparable to other Maiar"

Does this have a calc somewhere? I don't know how this is really 6-B

@Stalker Maggot

I will find the calc for you.

@Antvasima

I am sorry. I need you to unlock Eru's page so I can re-add all the powers of the Ainur. If you would like I can send you the thread where that was agreed upon. Also, if Stalker Maggot would like I can add a few reasons for his powers.

The original calculation was done on NF a long time ago. I'm not sure if it was correctly copied back when the wiki copied the calcs over on Wayback or not.

I have finished it, but if you would like me to add more sources and notable attacks, I will need some more time. Honestly, does Eru really need to be locked? It seems it would be more conveniant to just leave it unlocked. LOTR is a little talked about verse on this wiki, so it is not like anyone will vandalize it.

Okay. I will leave the page open for a while. Tell me here when you are done with the upcoming other changes.

I do not think that it should be left permanently open though. Some people think that Eru should be automatically listed as tier 0 or the like, due to claims of omnipotence.

That's a fair point. I will tell you when I am done

I think he's omnipotent too, but no way on God's green earth is there even near enough evidence to put him as anything higher than around 2-C.

First off, I was half way done with the page. Why did you lock it?

Maybe you thought I forgot about it. In case you are wondering about that, I tend to try and do everything all at once, instead of spreading it out.

Second of all, the Valar executed Morgoth, but they failed to kill him. He comes back in Dagor Dagorath.

I will unlock the page again. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Tell me here when you are done.

I believe I have finished it. I tried to add a good deal of detail, because misunderstanding abilities has been known to cause problems in LOTR.

Okay. Thank you. Should I lock the page then?

Back